Twitter Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Account Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture High profile clients, big PLCs, world famous brands Smart team/ great people Good benefits

Cons

Sometimes lack of clear path to progress Basic pay can be quite low Lots of turnover of staff

2. Great place to be

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

flat organization, transparent communication, smart people, motivated people, ability to make an impact, fun people

Cons

Growing pains - standard changes as we mature and move from a start up to one of the largest players on the net.

Advice to Management

Keep driving things like you are.

3. Happiest I've ever been

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

I've been working at Twitter for 3 months now and I can tell you it's the best company I've worked for in my ten year sales career. The people are great, the product has changed the world and the work/life balance is very fair.

Cons

Mission is a little confusing. Teams/offices work in their own little bubbles and need to cross pollinate more. Need to retain quality people.

Advice to Management

You have a huge opportunity on your hands and a group of people that are more than capable to deliver on whatever goals you outline.

Jul 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. We're reading all reviews and appreciate your feedback. We'll share your thoughts with our executives as well.

5. Forward thinking and honorable company

I have been working at Twitter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Average intelligence of co-workers tend to be above the 75th percentile 2. People tend to prefer doing the right things to doing the things right 3. There is a sense of belief that everyone is doing all they can to make an impact to the business

Cons

Sales teams can be overly territorial in nature, leading to unintended competition and "turf war" which can be unhealthy

Advice to Management

Maintain the spirit of openness in communication and continue executing on our goals while keeping to the core values that make every employee proud to be a Tweep

Jul 15, 2015 – Human Resources

We appreciate this feedback – and we hear you! Like you, we care deeply about maintaining Twitter’s culture.

6. Twitter review

Current Employee - Policy Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Policy Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

Perks, Benefits, Flexible hours, Friendly staff. Very casual environment but people want you to succeed. Meetings are short and you have to be on point and direct. People seek feedback and want your feedback. The benefits are similar to other tech companies and comparable. And of course, the food is amazing.

Cons

Not understanding of growth Transparency on career development Leveling within the department is skewed and unfair

Advice to Management

I think management is great here and gets good training, at least in San Francisco. However, we are unclear in my department about how leveling works and growth. While the company thrives on being open and transparent, non-engineers still struggle to figure out growth.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

What I love about Twitter is that everyone working at Twitter believes in the power of Twitter and the vision of the company. Twitter is making an impact on the world - and the employees are motivated to work hard to help the company grow. The work is interesting and constantly changing. The culture is vibrant and always full of excitement. There is a sense of community here that is unlike any other company - very supportive. Also, fun Friday happy hours! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided - and the food is incredible. My personal favorite is the new smoothie/juice bar. You can work off the extra calories at the cross fit gym or yoga studio, or the SF fitness right by the office.

Cons

The company is continuously growing, so it's easy to start to feel like it's difficult to stand out here. It's on you to branch out to meet people outside your team.

Advice to Management

Continue to push your teams to push the boundaries and take risks. The culture here is incredible, try to maintain it as the company continues to grow.

Jul 7, 2015 – Human Resources

Very helpful comments – thank you!

Joined with hope, left with utter disappointment.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good food. - Still have a lot of potential if they can right the wrongs and truly put the right person in charge.

Cons

- Chaotic management and product roadmap. - Mediocre middle managers who know little about the technical aspects of the team or the projects. Due to constant reorganizations, a lot of the managers are assigned to teams or projects that they have no technical expertise in. - Lack of product vision. Suffer from extreme short-sightedness to boost MAU and revenue number to satisfies Wall St.. Lurching from crisis to crisis and stuck in a vicious cycle. - Over-reliance on AB testing to determine which features to launch, sometimes in the expense of user experience. Features launches are delayed due to unfavorable DDG results on certain metrics even when the features are clear improvement for customer experience. - People are leaving in flocks. Lots of people who joined before IPO, who are truly passionate about what they do and passionate about the company, left because they do not see the company appreciates their contribution and the management in the company have the trust in them.

Advice to Management

- Build a product team that's truly bold, innovate and brave enough to develop game changing features. Stop relying 100% on DDGs and minor improvements. - Assign the right managers to projects. Hire, and retain, senior and experienced people who have the technical knowledge to lead a project. Stop the constant reorganization. Let the teams grow organically. - User first! Twitter is a consumer facing company. Think about features that would make them love the product and keeps coming back, not features that would satisfy Wall St.'s next earning expectation.

Jul 1, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. It really helps us to improve the overall employee experience at Twitter. Your comments will be shared with our leadership team (in an anonymous report) to ... More

9. Sr. Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, People, Brand, Product are amazing

Cons

Attrition has been higher recently

Jul 1, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks so much for your review!

Not what I expected

I worked at Twitter

Pros

Fair pay, perks and learning opportunities.

Cons

Not a very friendly culture. Blown out. People are overworked and disgruntled.

Jul 7, 2015 – Human Resources

We're sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience, but we appreciate your feedback. Your comments are included in a summary of Glassdoor reviews we will share with executive leadership.

Good company but it might be growing too fast for its own good

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members who are smart and willing to work hard. The work culture is very inviting and positive.

Cons

Like many up and coming companies, Twitter is trying to figure out its potential. It may take some time and reorgs happen quite often. Many employees also seem entitled, often demanding unreasonable and trivial things from the company rather than focusing on their own job.

Advice to Management

Realize that you have plenty of talents. Help them grow and try your best to keep them. Keep up with being transparent with all your employees.

Jul 1, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks so much for your review. We agree there's (always) room for growth. One way we want to facilitate more #LoveWhereYouWork experiences is by sharing reviews like yours with our leadership team ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed