Two Men and a Truck

Updated January 12, 2015
Updated January 12, 2015
2.8

Brig Sorber

Pros
  • Opportunity for over time and making good tips because of company's reputation (in 3 reviews)

• Tips really make the job though (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • I would have to call a number after 5:30pm every day to find out if I was working the next day (in 3 reviews)

• Severe micro management since your office staff consists of no more than 5 people (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Fair treatment, decent salary, fun work environment

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Flint, MI

I have been working at Two Men and a Truck

Pros

I started at Two Men and A Truck as a part time CSR. Over the last 4 years I have gained so much valuable experience and have been promoted multiple times. The owners truly care about their employees as much as they do about their business.

Cons

Benefits are pretty pricey, but that is due to the affordable care act.

I enjoyed working in a fast paced enviorment.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucker, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucker, GA

I worked at Two Men and a Truck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Being able to resolve customer concerns and issues. They were flexible with allowing tie off when needed as long as they were aware in a appropriate time frame.

Cons

They weren't very realistic is sales goals for certain regions.

Good job for motivating you to do something else

Former Employee - Helper in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Helper in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Two Men and a Truck

Pros

I worked for two men and a truck one summer in between my freshman and sophmore year in college. I enjoyed working in a different environment each day and no move was quite the same. An extra benefit was getting in shape. It was basically getting paid to workout. You are usually able to make good money at the end and beginning of each month. Pays good.

Cons

If the company isn't getting paid you are not getting paid. We would have to show up at 6:50 everyday we were scheduled to work and if we were late we would get punished by a pay cut even though we were not getting paid to be there at 6:50. You only get paid while the customer is paying the company for your services. You don't know if you are working until 5 pm the night before which made it hard to plan out your week. Hard to get good hours at first. I was not able to get good hours until the end of the summer. They hired a bunch of people for the summer. Eventually enough people quit to allow me to get good hours in late July, early August.

Company will take money out of your paycheck for items that get damaged on moves you work even if they have insurance for this purpose.

Good if you need money ASAP during warm weather, horrible in winter

Former Employee - Mover in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Mover in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Two Men and a Truck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tips are amazing
    During spring and summer seasons you are pretty much guaranteed good hours
    Paid weekly so you have a steady flow of cash

Cons

Favoritism definitely exists, manager will give more hours and commissioned jobs to people who have been around the longest.
    There is no work schedule, you have to call in daily to know when you work. If you are trying to go to school and work full time this isn't a good job for you.
    During the winter you will not get many hours. You can't live off of it at all.

Distribute hours more evenly.
    Try to make a schedule so that people can actually make plans accordingly.

Driver/ Helper

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Dallas, GA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Dallas, GA

I worked at Two Men and a Truck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

if you need a job, they will hire you.

Cons

This company is the worst in the business. unorganized, under staff, and Unprofessional. They unlawfully deduct money out of employees check if a customer complains without showing proof.

they hire untrained workers and expect the employees that are currently working to train the new hires whom are eventually going to be their replacements.

They leave their drivers and broken down trucks stranded on the side of the road for hours.
    and get mad if you decide to leave because it may be dangerous or unsafe. (you will be written up!!! if you leave) No matter how long they leave you waiting; even out of state, raining, snowing , No heat in truck, etc....

The management make mistakes bidding on the jobs for example 4hr job turns to 8hrs so the customers gets mad...and the Office crews blames the workers instead of realizing THEY HAVE NO IDEA on how to properly bid and quote a move over the phone. They never see what the customer has... so how can u estimate how long and heavy a piece of furniture will be????

They hire and fire people everyday. Because they can't keep any decent workers.

You can't run this type of business behind a desk. How can you estimate the move and No one knows what is getting moved? if you never see what the customer has... how can u estimate how long and heavy a piece of furniture will be????

You should value your workers...Maybe that's why you can't keep a crew longer than 6 months. instead of deducting money out of their checks to please a customer who wasn't trying to pay full price from the door.

Don't replace people who know what they're doing with people who never lift a box...for starters!!!

if you pay our employees the proper wage they should be making, maybe you would see better Results.

Not fun, overworked, customer expectations are ridiculous.

I worked at Two Men and a Truck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for overtime during the summer if you can handle it. And even if you can't.

Cons

Stuck working with less than bright individuals, company fines workers for ridiculous things, employees never know what time they will be done on any day - impossible to schedule other events; office staff does not communicate well with customers and movers get screwed as a result.

Stop trying to be friends with your employees. Instead learn how to be a real manager and leader.

Great summer work.

Former Employee - Driver/Mover

I worked at Two Men and a Truck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked there for a few summer's while I'm college and made good money. As a driver that got his DOT certification and could move people out of state, I had a good commission pay. It is a very physical job and most people cannot handle it.

Cons

The only complaint I really have toward the company and my experience there is the fact that there is no schedule for work. So the not knowing each week when or where I was working bothered me. I would have to call a number after 5:30pm every day to find out if I was working the next day. There has to be a better and more efficient method.

Great people, great gateway

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service

I have been working at Two Men and a Truck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people in the office are great. They are constantly making their proprietary software better. They give you the tools you need to do your job well.

Cons

Depending on growth plans, success can be hard to come by. Sometimes hitting goal is fairly easy if you do your job properly. Lately it has been impossible despite working harder and more efficiently than ever. Pay can get pretty low due to things that aren't in your control.

The biggest thing I would do is come up with a new way of handling bonuses for sales staff. Of course this is a franchise by franchise thing, but for franchises who use a 0% unless you hit goal and then a big percentage structure, it is easy to get demoralized halfway through a month when you do the math and realize goal is impossible. Better to have a lower yield but rolling goal. Say 1% of every 10k you hit or something similar.

Ok treatment for such a business.

Current Employee - Driver/Mover in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Driver/Mover in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Two Men and a Truck full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for over time and making good tips because of company's reputation.

Cons

Most of the time the work includes heavy lifting and moving though stairs. The management is giving the easiest tasks to their friends...

UNACCEPTABLE

Current Employee - Driver/Mover in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Driver/Mover in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Two Men and a Truck part-time (more than a year)

Pros

make good tips, some good people, it's a good work out

Cons

Not paid nearly enough, management are not fair and talk trash about workers to other workers, no insurance

Treat employees better and they wouldn't leave so much.

Two Men and a Truck Photos

With more than 4,000 movers, 1,500 trucks and a 96% referral rating TWO MEN AND A TRUCKĀ® continues to strive to exceed our customers' expectations in value and high standard of satisfaction.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCKĀ® treats customer possessions with care and respect. It is the first and largest local moving franchise system in the United States.
two men