Tyco

George R. Oliver

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Could use improvement

Alexandria, VA

ProsDecent company. great employees, some managers are good.

ConsManagement focuses too much on making the sale. They do not properly evaluate what it takes to do the job after the sale. not enough recognition for the people "behind the curtain" who make it all work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth with all the regular people. Give good people money to stay. Good people leave to get more money not because they want to go. It is cheaper to keep good people then to recruit, hire, and train new people and then hope they are productive and stay.

Use to be a great company (ADT)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Alexandria, VA

ProsBefore bought by TYCO a split up so the security part could be sold, ADT was a great team. Great training and benefits.

ConsThen when bought by TYCO, all of a sudden our three main goals were gone and customers came last. Only monthly margins/project closings were important, even if they were done poorly. People started scrambling for higher positions so they were secure. Many things made no sense, like 5 or 6 directors over 10 PM's when before when it was ADT there was one director over 15 with no problem, many other issues of duplicating effort at the customers cost. Many upper management people saw this coming and just left. Others were just hanging on knowing that lay-offs were coming and only stayed in hopes they would be kept. But lay-offs were not even or just, some great people were let go and others that actually did nothing all day were saved by their managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink! If TYCO IS is going to be sold fine, but think of our customers and quality work.

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!

Tyco Videos

Tyco – Why Work for Us?

We have a passion to protect what matters most. Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations around the world take a consultative approach to delivering tailored, industry-specific solutions. Our global reach… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tyco reviews and ratings in Alexandria, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tyco CEO George R. Oliver. All reviews posted anonymously by Tyco employees.