Tyco

Tyco CEO George R. Oliver

George R. Oliver

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Tyco IS

Customer Experience Advocate (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsI love the company but I am frequently embarrassed by our performance.There is potential here. People are great, many long term employees. Really good technicians and installers. Good job stability and average pay. Newer CEO (G.O) has some good initiatives and has made some mistakes. Time will tell if he recognizes the difference.

ConsLeadership is out of touch with customer needs. There is so much potential here! Insufficient manpower investment to deliver world class results to clients. NOT a pay for performance culture.(Even though that is the current mantra). With the notable exception of the sales representatives who are base+commission. When you own a customer issue/concern be prepared to sacrifice your key performance metrics to see it through.

Advice to Senior ManagementUndercover boss! Roll up your sleeves and get in front of everyday clients. There are pockets of excellence but far too many inexcusable lapses. Provide the support infrastructure.(I.e people dedicated and empowered to resolve the problem. Don't just add the responsibility to the workload of your current employees). THEN PURGE THE CONSISTENT UNDER-PERFORMERS.Talk to every customer after the sales appointment, after the installation and after a service appointment. Recognize where we are failing and take action. Make the connection between performance and growth. Don't define people as sales or sales support. We are all accountable for sales and dependent on growing revenue. Stop giving our clients reasons to look elsewhere.

Director Software Development

Director (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsGreat place to work, when old management team was around.

ConsEngineers are just a number and expendable... They are killed the golden goose when they bought the well run companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst it was to buy companies for synergies. Now it is split them up so they can focus on their business.... Back to the way it was. Execs get rich, everyone else pays.

Mistake from day one

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

Proslarge diversified company that promotes values internally, other Tyco groups seem to promote from within - not in retail.

ConsManagement doesn't walk the talk, VPs especially from my experience. Planning and strategy sessions that never end, but execution that never happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay attention to the details, your message isn't executed by those that are tasked with leading.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of Opportunity for High Performers

Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsTyco is a large global company with many business segments, creating lots of room for advancement. I enjoy a great deal of flexibility in my schedule as long as the work gets done.

ConsDue to the recent split of the company from ADT and Pentair, there has been a great deal of shifting strategies and focus. Though i expect this will work itself out in the near term.

Good starter, not for long term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsComfortable working facility with nice amenities.

ConsA company that promotes work life balance but does not grant it to you. Unfair treatment amongst employees. There is little reward and recognition for hard work.

Tyco Job Feedback

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsGreat place to work and team oriented

ConsConstant Change and Talent Retention

Good Product, Diverse customer base, Mediocre Sr. management

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsOverall compensation is competitive with excellent benefits

ConsVery frequent re-organization leaves employees very insecure about their livelihood

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on growing the top line rather than constant cost cutting

Sr. Finance Manager

Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsGood benefits such as Gym, cafeteria a small starbucks and decent salary. The company offers good opportunities only if you have a good manager, good financial systems, good leadership training and six sigma training.

ConsLow morale, not work life balance, poor management style, micromanagement style, lack of professionalism, not potential to growth they rather hire somebody from outside the company instead of promoting for within. Poor comunication. You get a sense that you can lose your job any time. The hotline system does not work potential retaliation if you complain about your manager, double standard since the rules does not apply to all the employees. Very political.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery manager should participate in the leadership programs provided by the company and apply them.

Technologically Undeveloped, decentralized. Unhappy and Boring work atmosphere

Unknown (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsDiversity in the Workplace, friendly people, great location, decent pay and benefits

ConsComplex Organizational structure, directors and vice presidents are gods you don't see them. Fully decentralized, no global standards, including ERP, business processes, business templates, global reporting strategy.
    Lack of investment by an organization in team development. No holiday celebration in the departments. As the result, unhappy and boring work atmosphere.No funds for training and development, no growth opportunities. Awful office amenities, no windows, no plants.

Advice to Senior Managementbuild a positive morale which results in increased employee motivation

Stressful and non rewarding work environment in Boca Raton

Senior Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsNone that I can think of

ConsVery hierarchical organization, where being the golden child is a must to survive or advance even if you are the a poor performer (relations do count!).

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!

Tyco Videos

Tyco – Why Work for Us?

We have a passion to protect what matters most. Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations around the world take a consultative approach to delivering tailored, industry-specific solutions. Our global reach… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tyco reviews and ratings in Boca Raton, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tyco CEO George R. Oliver. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Tyco employees.