Tyco Flow Control

www.tycoflowcontrol.com

Tyco Flow Control Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
Tyco Flow Control – Netherlands – “Restaurant in netherlands”

Patrick Decker

No Complaints

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat intern opportunity to gain experience while in college. Veteran friendly. I would recommend seeking out a position here. Cannot say too much about salary, but I felt it was more than fair for an internship.

ConsI cannot speak to many cons about the company. I worked there over the summer and did not have any bad interactions and felt pleased with the experience I was able to gain. I was at the Stafford, TX location.

My experience at Tyco was very rewarding

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat work environment! Excellent team atmosphere

ConsNo training. Territory was very large.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis would take some time.

Great people, but bureaucratic

IT Director (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGrowth opportunities but its better if your mid-career. The people are awesome, i think its the strongest asset there. There are great project opportunities. The company is large and global. Great travel opportunities. The salary is good, better in some departments than other. Bonus program is great.

ConsSlow decision process, always waiting for something to happen before you can make progress, environment changes faster than decision process which causes endless cycle of wait and see mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees, create accountability culture. Enforce the 4 core values, don't just print them. Accountability, excellence, teamwork and integrity.. Get connected to the front lines, allow for tactical execution at the same time as strategic realignment, don't get stuck in holding patterns

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shareholders before Customers and Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, TX

ProsTyco has a community of intelligent, hardworking employees who manage to get the work done. The benefits package is pricy but better than much of the industry. They offer health with HSA/dental/vision/401k/ESPP/tuition reimbursement.

ConsTyco experienced years of profits and growth as a result of strong energy demand. Because success was so easy, little time, money, and effort was put into improving systems and processes. Middle management sees major turnover every 18 - 24 months. New managers are not given enough time to make and implement changes before a new upheaval occurs. When cuts are made, they are based too much on economics and sacrifice knowledge and talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on consultants to find improvement, speak with the employees who do the work. They can tell you where the deficiencies are and often how to fix them.

Great place to finish out your career, not a great place to begin your career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stafford, TX

ProsPay is above average. 40 hr work week is typical. Start/End Times are flexible. Great place if you want to settle down and finish out your career.

ConsNo chance of moving around or employee development. Younger Employees can feel trapped at times because of lack of interaction with the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of ways to build communication between the plant and the rest of the company. Establish open communication between departments.

Tyco Flow Control

Compliance Manager (Former Employee) Buenos Aires (Argentina)

ProsIt was a place were peaple were important

Consto many managers and there was not too many peaple actualy doing the job

Excellent Experience Lot of learning

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal Network and resources, great products and process, overall great people.

ConsSometime too much burocracy to implement changes

Balance

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Surabaya, East Java (Indonesia)

ProsI was working at the branch of Keystone Indonesia in Surabaya city (Indonesia), the sole agent distributor of Tyco flow control in Indonesia, for about 3 years. That was my first full-time job since I was graduated from my undergrads study. I took a lot of experiences and skills, as a sales engineer. How to deal with my accounts, especially with a big project; how to communicate and make a long-term relationship with them. Those were quite "unforgettable" experiences for me. This company put a good effort to train me, a fresh graduate, from the basic product knowledge until the advance product maintenance practically and not only just the theory.

ConsAlthough I was working for 3 years, I didn't find any further career path for me, since the top management was filled with the "old-senior" members. Thus, the company's turnover was quite high.

Had a "relaxed" working life....

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsFlexible working hours, allow staff to work from home.
    Great benefits and compensations

ConsLack of team spirit, synergy across team.
    Assigning wrong person to wrong role.

Tyco Flow control, Emirates techno casting, Sharjah, UAE

ProsHighly dissatisfied with the pay

ConsHighly supporting work force, seniors and jrs.

Worked for Tyco Flow Control? Contribute to the Community!