www.tycoflowcontrol.com

Patrick Decker

Friendly Environment

Former Employee - Director, Global Marketing Communications in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director, Global Marketing Communications in Houston, TX

I worked at Tyco Flow Control as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was there only for the summer, as an intern. Very respectful, friendly environment. Almost everyone in the office was highly educated and very diverse, well-rounded people, as it is common in Houston. Life-work balance was excellent. It is nearby the main highways so traffic wasn't too bad, although most people did get some. When I was there they were trying to do the summer hours which meant we got to leave early on Fridays, so that was nice.

Cons

Well, when I was there they were going through the merger with Pentair. So I don't know how things are now. Change always creates a certain level of anxiety and that was sort of the vibe back then. I don't know how it turned out to be for the company or the employees after that.

My experience at Tyco was very rewarding

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Tyco Flow Control full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment! Excellent team atmosphere

Cons

No training. Territory was very large.

This would take some time.

No Complaints

I worked at Tyco Flow Control as an intern

Pros

Great intern opportunity to gain experience while in college. Veteran friendly. I would recommend seeking out a position here. Cannot say too much about salary, but I felt it was more than fair for an internship.

Cons

I cannot speak to many cons about the company. I worked there over the summer and did not have any bad interactions and felt pleased with the experience I was able to gain. I was at the Stafford, TX location.

Great people, but bureaucratic

Former Employee - IT Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Tyco Flow Control full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities but its better if your mid-career. The people are awesome, i think its the strongest asset there. There are great project opportunities. The company is large and global. Great travel opportunities. The salary is good, better in some departments than other. Bonus program is great.

Cons

Slow decision process, always waiting for something to happen before you can make progress, environment changes faster than decision process which causes endless cycle of wait and see mentality

Empower employees, create accountability culture. Enforce the 4 core values, don't just print them. Accountability, excellence, teamwork and integrity.. Get connected to the front lines, allow for tactical execution at the same time as strategic realignment, don't get stuck in holding patterns

Shareholders before Customers and Employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Tyco Flow Control

Pros

Tyco has a community of intelligent, hardworking employees who manage to get the work done. The benefits package is pricy but better than much of the industry. They offer health with HSA/dental/vision/401k/ESPP/tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Tyco experienced years of profits and growth as a result of strong energy demand. Because success was so easy, little time, money, and effort was put into improving systems and processes. Middle management sees major turnover every 18 - 24 months. New managers are not given enough time to make and implement changes before a new upheaval occurs. When cuts are made, they are based too much on economics and sacrifice knowledge and talent.

Instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on consultants to find improvement, speak with the employees who do the work. They can tell you where the deficiencies are and often how to fix them.

Great place to finish out your career, not a great place to begin your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Tyco Flow Control

Pros

Pay is above average. 40 hr work week is typical. Start/End Times are flexible. Great place if you want to settle down and finish out your career.

Cons

No chance of moving around or employee development. Younger Employees can feel trapped at times because of lack of interaction with the rest of the company.

Think of ways to build communication between the plant and the rest of the company. Establish open communication between departments.

Tyco Flow Control

Former Employee - Compliance Manager in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Compliance Manager in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Tyco Flow Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a place were peaple were important

Cons

to many managers and there was not too many peaple actualy doing the job

Excellent Experience Lot of learning

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Tyco Flow Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Global Network and resources, great products and process, overall great people.

Cons

Sometime too much burocracy to implement changes

Balance

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Surabaya, East Java (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Surabaya, East Java (Indonesia)

I worked at Tyco Flow Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was working at the branch of Keystone Indonesia in Surabaya city (Indonesia), the sole agent distributor of Tyco flow control in Indonesia, for about 3 years. That was my first full-time job since I was graduated from my undergrads study. I took a lot of experiences and skills, as a sales engineer. How to deal with my accounts, especially with a big project; how to communicate and make a long-term relationship with them. Those were quite "unforgettable" experiences for me. This company put a good effort to train me, a fresh graduate, from the basic product knowledge until the advance product maintenance practically and not only just the theory.

Cons

Although I was working for 3 years, I didn't find any further career path for me, since the top management was filled with the "old-senior" members. Thus, the company's turnover was quite high.

Had a "relaxed" working life....

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Tyco Flow Control full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, allow staff to work from home.
    Great benefits and compensations

Cons

Lack of team spirit, synergy across team.
    Assigning wrong person to wrong role.

Tyco Flow Control Photos