Tyco

Tyco Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Tyco CEO George R. Oliver

George R. Oliver

Pros
  • The work/life balance is probably the best attribute to this company (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits such as Gym, cafeteria a small starbucks and decent salary (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • A company that promotes work life balance but does not grant it to you (in 6 reviews)

• Many upper management people saw this coming and just left (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) Marinette, WI

ProsSensible colleagues, decent pay, good bosses. Longevity in hiring.

ConsWorkload, low head count. UL/FM listings provide multiple obstacles in getting work done quickly. Bureaucratic organization. Way too much email.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more to spread the labor, especially in the Purchasing, Tech Services, and those who test new product. Upgrade to the SAP system would be highly recommend.

good company, going through some serious transitions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood people, good culture. High stress workplace, due to the transition and breakup, but very much a team effort.

ConsRecent company breakup stressed everyone, but company still has a forward focus, and a great development plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your staff take the lead more often.

Great company until it became Tyco

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsFlexibility, tuition reimbursement, incentives, weekly pay

ConsCall center atmosphere, communication is not there, constant shift bids, underpaid unless you have been with the company more than 5 years, complete micro management, policies constantly changing

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration that peoples lives are going to change with mandatory shift bids, be more transparent when it comes the policies that are to be put in place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

tyco/ sensormatic

Service Technician (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosfriendly and easy to adapt

Conssalaries are below average and need improvement

Advice to Senior Managementtry to match the salary to market average at least

Large Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company, with many avenues to explore for your growth.

ConsChanging management leads to indirect needs

Advice to Senior Managementclear direction

Fair company to work for...

Programmer II (Current Employee) North Indianapolis, IN

ProsClearly defined metrics to attain bonuses once a month (0-400). Diverse cultures. Clean facilities and great location to roads and highways.

ConsDepartment that reviews performance to meet metrics are not experienced with actual workflow so are bound by "scripts" to your disadvantage. Limited opportunities for advancement. Call volume can be stressful.

Good atmosphere to work in, good benefits, great co workers but career growth is slow

ProsGreat co-workers, friendly atmosphere to work, learn and grow. High qualiy of work is expected and people are very professional. Managers are very respectful and provide a good work life balance.

ConsDifficult to get promotions, career growth is very slow, therefore people are unhappy. There is perpetual hiring freeze and layoffs happen periodically.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvesting in talent and providing career growth to people will motivate them to perform at their highest potential.

A

Engineer (Current Employee) Marinette, WI

Prosgreat people, salary, benefits, location

Conslong commute, small city, that is it

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Counsel

Counsel (Former Employee)

ProsGreat general counsel. Very open and collaborative legal team. Lots of upward advancement opportunity. Interesting global work in a very matrixed environment.

ConsChange is constant. While legal department is stable, and for the most part happy, other functions really struggle with leadership, ambiguity and receiving feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with employees.

The Worst Management Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA somehow steady paycheck during a bad economy.

ConsA nepotistic corporate culture of liars and cheaters. Kozlowski left his friends managing the company after he was sent to jail.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit before you defraud the investors for a second time.

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!