Tyco

Tyco Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Tyco CEO George R. Oliver

George R. Oliver

Pros
  • The work/life balance is probably the best attribute to this company(in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits such as Gym, cafeteria a small starbucks and decent salary(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • A company that promotes work life balance but does not grant it to you(in 6 reviews)

• Many upper management people saw this coming and just left(in 9 reviews)

good company, going through some serious transitions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood people, good culture. High stress workplace, due to the transition and breakup, but very much a team effort.

ConsRecent company breakup stressed everyone, but company still has a forward focus, and a great development plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your staff take the lead more often.

Great company until it became Tyco

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsFlexibility, tuition reimbursement, incentives, weekly pay

ConsCall center atmosphere, communication is not there, constant shift bids, underpaid unless you have been with the company more than 5 years, complete micro management, policies constantly changing

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration that peoples lives are going to change with mandatory shift bids, be more transparent when it comes the policies that are to be put in place.

tyco/ sensormatic

Service Technician (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosfriendly and easy to adapt

Conssalaries are below average and need improvement

Advice to Senior Managementtry to match the salary to market average at least

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Large Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company, with many avenues to explore for your growth.

ConsChanging management leads to indirect needs

Advice to Senior Managementclear direction

Fair company to work for...

Programmer II (Current Employee) North Indianapolis, IN

ProsClearly defined metrics to attain bonuses once a month (0-400). Diverse cultures. Clean facilities and great location to roads and highways.

ConsDepartment that reviews performance to meet metrics are not experienced with actual workflow so are bound by "scripts" to your disadvantage. Limited opportunities for advancement. Call volume can be stressful.

For sales professionals, ask lots of questions to manager(s), protected accounts etc. Everyone has them but new folks.

Preventative Maintenance Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for sales professional if you are able to choose a vertical market.

ConsGood old boy network. Very limited opportunity in making a living if you are a veteran sales professional without having a protected territory to call on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running district offices like franchises. Sales professionals need to report to other sales professionals (Sales Mgrs) and not service managers or district managers that have little to no sales experience.

Good atmosphere to work in, good benefits, great co workers but career growth is slow

ProsGreat co-workers, friendly atmosphere to work, learn and grow. High qualiy of work is expected and people are very professional. Managers are very respectful and provide a good work life balance.

ConsDifficult to get promotions, career growth is very slow, therefore people are unhappy. There is perpetual hiring freeze and layoffs happen periodically.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvesting in talent and providing career growth to people will motivate them to perform at their highest potential.

A

Engineer (Current Employee) Marinette, WI

Prosgreat people, salary, benefits, location

Conslong commute, small city, that is it

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Counsel

Counsel (Former Employee)

ProsGreat general counsel. Very open and collaborative legal team. Lots of upward advancement opportunity. Interesting global work in a very matrixed environment.

ConsChange is constant. While legal department is stable, and for the most part happy, other functions really struggle with leadership, ambiguity and receiving feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with employees.

The Worst Management Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA somehow steady paycheck during a bad economy.

ConsA nepotistic corporate culture of liars and cheaters. Kozlowski left his friends managing the company after he was sent to jail.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit before you defraud the investors for a second time.

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!