Tyler Technologies

Tyler Technologies Reviews in Seattle, WA

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014
4.0

Tyler Technologies President, CEO, and Director John S. Marr Jr.
John S. Marr Jr.

Pros
  • Work-Life balance, great people to work with, great financials (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits, free beverages, room for advancement, company cares about employees (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Rapid growth resulted in high turnover (in 3 reviews)

• Training is intense, requires a lot of time away from home as I do not live in the Plano area (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Pleasant Surprise

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very healthy market position, product portfolio and business growth.
    - Attentive management, very solid company foundations and values. Both Renton and Maine offices / people are outstanding.
    - Good onboarding and training process (as I gather it has recently improved).
    - Good work / life balance, working with decent, professional people, very little bs as far as I can tell. Casual dress code in office, and very decent break room facilities.
    - Working with contemporary technologies (Microsoft stack) and a diverse customer base.

This all adds up to a 5-star ranking which is rare in today's corporate environment.

Cons

The Renton office is a bit out of the way in terms of surroundings (car dealerships, industrial etc.). But it's a better commute for most people than into Seattle.

Stay the course!

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Conservative company that offers job security for those who are willing to work hard and excel in providing quality product and services, Good benefits and incentive plans. Company tries to empower employees

Cons

Strengths/weeknesses of various regional offices vary by division. Growth opportunities are limited if working out of an office other than Maine or Texas.

Continue to communicate information to employees at all levels include company objectives and vision statement. Sales opportunities and timely communication of new contracts for all Tyler divisions. Provide suggestion box for ease in making recommendations for improvements to product and services.

Tyler is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies

Pros

fairness, salary, consideraton, overall value of employees to the company.

Cons

Promotion given sometimes without announcement

Some are very experienced but some office have people who have never been managers before. So it can get a little petty at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TYLER-EDEN IS A COMPANY I AM PROUD TO CALL MY EMPLOYER!

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies

Pros

Eden Division - Flat out a decent group of people to work for, where leadership guides and does not control. You feel your management has "got your back" and they shoulder responsibility as well give you credit for success. Coworkers have excellent comradarie. Respect exists among employees even if values are quite opposing. I think much of this stems from everyone respecting their own management which trickles down this behavior to employees respecting each other.

Cons

I really have not had any problems working here. I greatly enjoy my position here compared to most of my previous technical positions.

I really cannot give any at this time. They all have open door policies. They respond in timely manners to your requests or issues.

Best work environment

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist  in  Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Renton, WA

I worked at Tyler Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work community, Enjoyable customer interaction, Solid product (Eden)

Working for Tyler was one of the best work experiences I've ever had. It's very low stress and all the employees are fun and helpful. From Support we had direct access to Development which cut all the BS out of getting things done.

Cons

Compensation about 3/4ths of what it should be.

I left Tyler for the reason of compensation only. There is not enough good that can be said about this team; however, I couldn't justify the tradeoff of work/life balance over taking care of my family.

No advice. Management on all levels at Tyler is awesome.

Limited career opportunities for writers in Dynamics

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Renton, WA

I worked at Tyler Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A mostly pleasant workplace and friendly co-workers. An opportunity to work remotely one day per week. If you enjoy the finer points of accounting, the subject matter can be interesting.

Cons

Very limited to no opportunities for career advancement for technical writers working on the Dynamics project. This position is a limited vendor engagement with Microsoft. Salary is below average for the region (greater Seattle area). Some managers did not provide adequate leadership to help employees meet responsibilities. In some instances, managers withheld constructive feedback, impairing employee performance.

Managers should meet with employees for more than one hour every two weeks. A personal presence would help establish a rapport and strengthen confidence; plus, some issues can be resolved quicker in person than via email. Managers should not withhold constructive feedback from employees.

Great people to work with

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Co workers are easy to work with.

Cons

Management does not really recognize the work you do. Management is only in their role because they have been there for 15 years plus, but they do not have any management skills. You only get a promotion if you are 'friends' with management.

Recognize how the Customer/Technical Support employees are actually doing holding the company together. Give them feedback and reward them with more compensation. Customer Support people are the ones keeping Tyler's clients happy with the product - if it were not for their knowledge, nobody would like the Tyler's software.

Worked for Tyler Technologies? Contribute to the Community!