Tyonek Native Corporation Reviews

1. Contract Specialist

Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Fort Belvoir, VA

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time

Pros

They look out for their employees, the go the extra mile.

Cons

The values are excellent the benefits are awesome and the training is superb.

Advice to Management

Awesome

2. Proposal Manager

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Warner Robins, GA

Pros

Great place to work...... good management. Fast paced environment with good benefits.

Cons

Really are no cons..... you have to like to work and be able to keep up the pace......

3. The company is divided

Former Employee - Anonymous in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Madison, AL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having ever other Friday off is a great and free health care insurance benefits. Plus the people are very nice and out going. The location is central to some great school systems for kids of all ages.

Cons

Under new management all perks and compensation stopped. Very high turnover rate...

Advice to Management

New management is very bias to a select group of people, all hired from the same pervious company.

Tyonek is my home village, and to work with our efforts for the future generations was an experience, to say the least.

Former Employee - Land Technician in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Land Technician in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large vision from the executive and board levels. With a growing national company, there is a real need for bringing on new capacities or build your own. Tyonek really does put an effort to build community.

Cons

With all communities, you end up dealing with politics. People from the village are mostly family some how, and others get included as part of the Tyonek Native Corp. Family. Some times family is a lot to deal with. Most of the time, they are good.

Advice to Management

Keep your good direction, but take effort to discuss the details in needs of the company.

6. I worked at Tyonek for 7 years as a full time employee.

I have been working at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If your single health insurance is very affordable ($50 a month if your single) and great coverage. Every other Friday off and a very nice week and a half break for Christmas and New Years. Flex time.

Cons

under qualified people (including no degree or private sector experience) in executive positions. Spend money on expensive equipment that they do not have contracts for. Close to one administrator for every producer. Talented employees are not rewarded for performance which has cause loss of some of the best employees.

Advice to Management

Reward performance, Hire experienced and educated people to run your company, promote from within, act like a company your size.

7. Nothing to be gained by going the extra mile...

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time

Pros

Good work hours, paid off holidays including Christmas break. Paid overtime. Clean work environment. Pay above minimum wage. Close parking. Paid health insurance.

Cons

No real appreciation for anyone going above and beyond. Work load expectations unreal. No interest in retaining talented individuals if they aren't "yes men (or women" to management.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to the workers who actually make the money for the company. Attempt to retain real talent rather than drive them into the ground and then lay them off or fire them. This company was built on the backs of some of the people that you all stabbed in the back!

8. good

Former Employee - Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great working place (nas Jacksonville, FL.) mechanics, section supervisors are good people and bend over backwards to help you with work or personnel problem, thy supply good tools and have a great support tool crib. I Really Enjoy working for tyonek loved the hours and the sometimes overtime, I did not to want to go but the my big boss took their over mine and my co-worker's my

Cons

take staff personnel over their own personnel in workmanship ,complaints, or problems, get some more foremen on floor to help your employees. If we make a crab you should not have to worry about your job security no matter how big or small. (this happen to me)

Advice to Management

take your employee side not theirs thy are out to get us fired to make them self look better

9. Great oppertunities

Pros

Good place for entry levels to gain experience and knoledge. Great Benifits. Get every other Friday off, Atleast if your not havining to work 50+ hours a week.

Cons

Dealing with sister company can get alittle rediculous.

10. Worst Job I've Ever Had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary and benefits were satisfactory. The flex schedule allows for every other Friday off. You begin to accrue paid time off from the start of your employment.

Cons

Utterly railroaded by team members and ignored by supervision, just listened to what was told to them about my job performance. Never received a performance review or any feedback from supervisor. Dishonest description of job responsibilities and not allowed to train adequately or for long enough.

Advice to Management

Take the time to evaluate employees instead of allowing others to "evaluate" according to their own desire to squash any competition.

11. Pay is good but no future!!!

Current Employee - Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits. 401K

Cons

Working as a contractor with the Navy so you treated as just body. You work "B" shift from 2pm - 10:30 pm everyday with no opportunity for advancement.

RSS Feed </> Embed