Tyson Foods-Arkansas
www.tysonfoods.com Springdale, AR 5000+ Employees

Tyson Foods-Arkansas Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Tyson Foods-Arkansas – Springdale – “Main Campus: Tower 3”

Tyson Foods-Arkansas CEO Donnie Smith

Donnie Smith

Pros:
  • "Giving real work, that effects company, Great work life balance, Everyone is nice, Great place to work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Steady work and good pay to start to start for new team members"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Great company, great benefits

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    Springdale, AR

ProsTyson Foods has great benefits, competitive pay and mostly competent management. The new CEO is growing the company and still seems to care about all the employees.

ConsSome roles seem to lack a defined career path and some promotions seemed to be more about who you know rather than what you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementA program was started for employees to submit their ideas for the company to save money. This program was a great idea and encourages employee to feel like they are heard and make a difference.

production in front packer/stacker in back liked working there in production warehouse work.

Packer/Stacker (Former Employee)
    Flowers, Warren, MS

Prosbenefits were not good,work environment you had get used to but the HR Department at night was horrible

Consi just like working there hopefully will get to go back soon

Is a dependable job there always hiring

Mdm Blender Operator (Current Employee)
    Green Forest, AR

ProsPlenty of departments to work in if one first work transfer to something better. Are opportunity for those willing to move up in job.

ConsIt's not the best paying job but it's a job. Sometimes overtime is heavy in certain departments it's hard to get time from work for doctor appointments etc

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Executive Leadership, especially at the CEO level with Donnie Smith!

Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Springfield, AR

ProsGreat pay since Wal-Mart is located nearby, helps drive salaries up
    Quality of living in Northwest Arkansas is relatively cheap, get a lot for less!

ConsSomewhat of a "good ole boy network" that makes you wonder how some individuals ever managed to achieve certain leadership levels. For instance, if they were to apply for their own position they would not be able to meet some of the minimum requirements. Certain groups say they like MBA's but very hard to get the organization to change its focus.

Tyson's for me was an interesting place to work, because I was able to become a valuable asset to the company.

Forklift Operator (Former Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsI was able to grow by applying to be trained as a billing clerk and a freezer cleaner.

ConsFreezing cold, The labor management new system, 12 hours shifts and pressing to meet a percentage rate of 95%

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Tyson Foods Review

Maintenance Planner (Current Employee)
    Sedalia, MO

ProsBennifits & pay are the best Pros for this company

Consdont have any cons for this company

Advice to Senior Managementneeds more communication for hourly team memebers

Intern

Intern (Current Employee)
    Fayetteville, AR

ProsGiving real work, that effects company, Great work life balance, Everyone is nice, Great place to work

ConsSometimes rules are not clearly giving

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, If we all work as team there are endless possibles with this company

Most of my time at Tyson I felt I was treated kindly, fairly, and well paid.

OTR Driver (Former Employee)
    Springdale, AR

ProsGood pay for an OTR driver. Many paid holidays. Pretty good equipment and mechanics usually did good jobs. Tyson was good at reimbursing out-of-pocket expenses and keeping on top of any issues I had.

ConsDrivers only received 1 day off for every 6 days out. Most would stay out about 2 weeks, but I would stay out 6 weeks so I could have a week off. I wouldn't advise doing that. Tyson has many plants in multiple states and the rules and S.O.P.'s are different at each. That can get frustrating. Probably the most annoying thing are all the idiot security and gate guards that are on little power trips, although there are just as many good ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise giving 2 days off for every 7 spent on the road. Also, when a truck breaks down and Tyson sends you another truck, they need to make sure that that truck is cleaned out of property from last driver. This happened to me twice while I worked there and It made that time on the road quite miserable with my belongings and another drivers' belongings packed into the truck cab.

"OK"

Environmental, Health & Safety (Current Employee)

ProsWhile there is a sharp learning curve in this train-yourself environment, it eventually serves as a good learning experience for motivated candidates.

ConsReactive vs. proactive. Resistance to invest in infrastructure and equipment. Poor work/life balance.

A positive experience

Program Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Fayetteville, AR

ProsPeople are wonderful to work with.

ConsGrowth in some areas not very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Tyson Foods-Arkansas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tyson Foods-Arkansas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tyson Foods-Arkansas CEO Donnie Smith. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Tyson Foods-Arkansas employees.