Tyson Foods Reviews

1. Operations Clerk IV-Management Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tyson Foods

Pros

Great working environment, friendly people, customer service, exports, excellent benefits.

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

2. They don't follow through on what they promise.

Former Employee - Management Support in Logansport, IN
    Former Employee - Management Support in Logansport, IN

I worked at Tyson Foods

Pros

The only perk for Management Support was being allowed to park close to the building.

Cons

Misrepresented hours, pay, and ability to advance. Always short-handed. Unsanitary office conditions. Unsecure parking facilities.

Don't misrepresent the job, the pay or the company's values. Get rid of the Christmas food coupons and give your employees at least a $50.00 gift card. Stop giving free food to upper management! (When a trailer 'accidentally' delivers steaks...)

3. Production Lead

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sedalia, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sedalia, MO

I worked at Tyson Foods

Pros

Very interesting place to work and process to be a part of. Everyone has heard of Tyson Foods. The pay is reasonable and benefits are fine.

Cons

Not much in regards to cons. The workforce at the production plants is huge too so you don't feel like your going to make a big difference for the company. But for a place that provides a steady paycheck and steady pay I liked it.

Production numbers are everything but give the people and equipment reasonable time to get the job done.

5. Convicted Felons that continues to think they are above the law!!

Current Employee - Complex Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Complex Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very few unless you are one of the good old boys.

Cons

Convicted of numerous felonies for Environmental issues and just continues to dump toxic substances into the water supply. Numerous states including Missouri and Oklahoma are prosecuting them as I write this. Google Tyson and bribery of USDA inspectors. They just plead guilty and paid 4.5 million in fines, yet allowed Greg Huett, the executive overseeing the payments, to retire with full company benefits including use of the corporate jet, golf club membership and millions of dollars in payoffs to keep his mouth shut.. There are numerous other instances. The Shelbyville, Tennessee facility is as corrupt as any. Numbers lie and the people who manipulate them LIE!!!!

Quit lying to the consumer and to the government contractors that buy and distribute a product that is not produced as advertised. Quit trying to convince us that our Core Values are paramount to our business when your demonstrated and well documented criminal acts are conducted behind closed doors by your henchmen on a daily basis.

6. Former Supervisor- Don't do it!!

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Independence, IA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Independence, IA

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you have good people to be around. Always busy so you can make a good living

Cons

As management you have a target on your back, set by your team members and your colleagues. No life outside of work because of long hours and weekend work.

No matter what I say they won't change. I'd suggest not to work for Tyson period

7. Don't expect Tyson to be a great place to work based on the stock growth.

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Northwest Arkansas is a great area to live.

Cons

The standards for employment, development and communication are too new too recommend this as a career company.

The culture turn around championed by CEO Donnie Smith is not championed by his growing leadership team .The majority of Senior and middle managers are typically Arkansas born, Tyson experienced only and locally educated. Do not expect consistency in career path this decade .

8. Great Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Very engaging, family friendly and plenty of room for growth.

Cons

Upper management is very friendly, but can tend to forget others, such as direct reports.

Don't forget those under you! Sometimes I see upper management not giving other reports the credit they deserve, or attention they need for their growth.

9. Life at Tyson foods

Current Employee - Team Member in Broken Bow, OK
    Current Employee - Team Member in Broken Bow, OK

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hands on training for me was easy to learn in this way, I have had various supervisors and most of them were great. I lost my mom a few years back and they were wonderful giving me the time off I needed.

Cons

The main problem I have is that to me they have an unfair pay rate..I make as much hourly as people that have been there for 20 years and people that have been there just a few years make almost as much as I do..I think they should take loyalty in to account and pay extra for the people that actually stick with them...another major problem is all the repetitive movements after awhile effects your hands, shoulders and other various parts

Think about the loyal people that stick with the company, tell people when they do a good job, don't just tell them when they are doing wrong.

10. Employment History

Former Employee - Scaler in Wilkesboro, NC
    Former Employee - Scaler in Wilkesboro, NC

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good, loving people, and a easy job.

Cons

The new supervisor was racist.

11. OTR DRIVER

Current Employee - OTR Driver in North Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in North Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benefits, Very Organized & Home Time... Communicate On The PeopleNet Is Great..

Cons

Safety Can Be Annoying... Need Newer Trucks... Try To Answer & Speak To Drivers Calling. 5 Minutes Out Here Alone Waiting Isn't Cool..

Nothing. They're Ok For Now..

Tyson Foods Photos