U-Freight

CEO

Not recommended

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U-Freight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, telecommute, international travel

Cons

This is a review for U-Freight America, not the parent company in Hong Kong. Top management in San Francisco has no idea what is going on at individual stations. I had a station manager (also sales manager) who tried to hide sales incentive from me and when I landed some big airfreight shipment for a Fortune 500 company, he tried to take credit for it. I had to call HR and Payroll to find out that I am not event listed as a sales executive! They rectified the situation eventually but needless to say I was not able trust my manager anymore and any business development I did, I had to hide it from him. Also went for some training at the New York station and stayed there for a month. Some of the folks there are very friendly but some are not, including a manager visiting from HK headquarters. Can't put my finger on it, but sometimes the attitude is condescending. Also as a non smoker, I couldn't bear the daily meeting there in the New York office. Is it even legal to smoke in a closed conference room in an office environment? Almost all of the male workers including the station manager smoked during the meetings. I am the only non-smoking male worker. That is unacceptable.

They have already closed a bunch of stations in the US. Not much else to do.

Challenging Sales

I have been working at U-Freight

Pros

- Great Opportunity to Work for Asian Base Forwarder
    - Thin layer of management

Cons

- Lack of sales support
    - Service is medicore

Take constructive criticism it only helps to improve upon service.