U-Freight Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. Good Learning Experience

I worked at U-Freight

Pros

Good opportunity to get into the freight industry and gain some experience for entry level professionals Amazing health insurance

Cons

Hard industry for sales due to saturated market Limited opportunity for growth

Advice to Management

Focus on developing employees from within through advanced training.

2. Challenging Sales

I have been working at U-Freight

Pros

- Great Opportunity to Work for Asian Base Forwarder - Thin layer of management

Cons

- Lack of sales support - Service is medicore

Advice to Management

Take constructive criticism it only helps to improve upon service.

3. Not recommended

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U-Freight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, telecommute, international travel

Cons

This is a review for U-Freight America, not the parent company in Hong Kong. Top management in San Francisco has no idea what is going on at individual stations. I had a station manager (also sales manager) who tried to hide sales incentive from me and when I landed some big airfreight shipment for a Fortune 500 company, he tried to take credit for it. I had to call HR and Payroll to find out that I am not event listed as a sales executive! They rectified the situation eventually but needless to say I was not able trust my manager anymore and any business development I did, I had to hide it from him. Also went for some training at the New York station and stayed there for a month. Some of the folks there are very friendly but some are not, including a manager visiting from HK headquarters. Can't put my finger on it, but sometimes the attitude is condescending. Also as a non smoker, I couldn't bear the daily meeting there in the New York office. Is it even legal to smoke in a closed conference room in an office environment? Almost all of the male workers including the station manager smoked during the meetings. I am the only non-smoking male worker. That is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

They have already closed a bunch of stations in the US. Not much else to do.

RSS Feed </> Embed