U-Haul Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
3.2

U-Haul CEO Joe Shoen
Joe Shoen

Pros
  • Ability to work from home, free turkey for Thanksgiving, great work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• some of the other reviews say that part time doesn't get benefits but you do (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • I never heard a co-worker speak of upper management and differently either (in 14 reviews)

• part time positions only making it hard to find full time employement (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience at UHAUL so far.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at U-Haul part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for this company is fun and educational.

Cons

At my store we don't have reliable team co-workers.

Need more rock solid, grade A people, to make all shifts great.

Its ok

I have been working at U-Haul part-time

Pros

Management is pretty good and they can have ok benefits for employees. Good opportunities to invest back into the company.

Cons

Customers can be rude and the job can be a little demanding.

Reservations Manager

Former Employee - Reservation Manager  in  Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Reservation Manager in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at U-Haul part-time for less than a year

Pros

easy job. getting their reservations and learning how to is simple. the hours are good , pay is okay, relaxed environment, generally good clients

Cons

the worst part was dealing with the managers who dont care at all about customer service and talk bad about clients when they hang up

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very political.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at U-Haul full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy. Takes no effort to work there.

Cons

Management chases numbers. Unrealistic expectations.

Share the monthly bonus with employees.

Good for a job, but not for a career.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashua, NH

I worked at U-Haul part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's not bad work. I learned a lot about vehicle maintenance in my time with U-Haul. There is a lot of training available online.

Cons

Limited opportunity for growth. Working in at one of the smaller location offer less flexibility, long hours, and usually requires you to manage the store alone . My location would require 12 and 13 hour shifts a couple times a month. Our Marketing Company President would often not allow my General Manager to purchase things that we needed to run our store efficiently.

Just OK

I have been working at U-Haul

Pros

I had great mangers at my store.

Cons

Short Hours, Low pay

Organized, forward thinking company, work from home!

Former Employee - E-Sales & Reservation Agent  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - E-Sales & Reservation Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at U-Haul part-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, easy bonuses paid, great training. great pay for the work. Fun to talk to people from all over the states and Canada. Legit work from home job, with appropriate training and pay.

Cons

only con was having to work long weekend shifts. Some of the software was redundant and made for a messy screen of open windows.

Be more "available"

I enjoy working at UHaul, they have an excellent training program.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waco, TX

I have been working at U-Haul part-time for less than a year

Pros

UHaul has one of the best training programs around, they stay update on what each employee needs as far as training programs almost on a daily basis so no one falls behind. They offer a good benefits package to full time employees medical, dental and 401k.

Cons

Some of the work can be very physical, cleaning storage units and moving trucks and when its 100 degrees outside it proves to be very challenging. But if you have another employee helping you it makes the work go alot faster.

I feel there always needs to be two employees working if the location is open for when it gets busy and for security reasons. There is plenty of work to keep two people busy all the time.

adult children was running the u-haul on grapevine highway family members working at the same store acting adolescent

I have been working at U-Haul

Pros

customer service to the people that you were helping were needing your help with rentals in truck since where to go and how to get there rewarding

Cons

challenges was just the people working there throwin dollies around in acting very unsafe

I believe they need to start drug testing the people that work there because I think attitudes fly too fast and the young men are coming and going and smoking outside of the building doing terrible thingslike throwing their equipment around and not taking care of the machinery

Disappointed E-Center CSR

Current Employee - E- Center Customer Service Representative Agent  in  Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - E- Center Customer Service Representative Agent in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at U-Haul part-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to work from home. Fair pay for a part time position. Co-workers are nice and will help you if they can.

Cons

Training was insufficient and we(my class) were thrown on the phones without full knowledge of how either the system worked or how to truly help customers. Management is hard to get a hold of when you need them. Also, they seem to "haze" you after week 2. You are told you will work a part time schedule, but they list you at full time hours for part time benefits. Highly stressful job with 90% of the job dealing with angry customers being transferred from other departments seemingly at random.

Fully train your reps before putting them on the phone lines. Be available and able to answer questions when needed and please work within the availability of your employees instead of overworking your employees with full time hours with part time benefits.

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!