U.S. Army Healthcare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gross Misconduct

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsAt least I was getting a paycheck.

ConsSexual harassment daily from the time you get to work to the time you leave post. You would think that the soldiers have never seen a female before and if they have they would know how to talk to and around one.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just preach it, practice it.

Really good; a nice bunch of folks ...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsGood values, concern for people, and pretty good working conditions

ConsWell, it is after all the Army. Bureaucratic and sometimes maddening, "two steps forward, one step backward."
    Current budget conditions mean -- things are in limbo for a while

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to do so many things at once; pace of work is too fast.

Army Medical Department is a global enterprise that works hard for the patient and has many opportunities.

Staff Officer (Former Employee)

ProsWide spectrum of jobs.
    High-caliber, dedicated employees.
    A sacred mission that is practiced every day, in peace and in war.

ConsLarge bureaucracy; a bit clumsy on the corporate side.
    Too reactive to political pressures.
    Too many 'good ideas' which are sometimes implemented without appropriate resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlim down the corporate headquarters; avoid making too many '1st priorities'. Pace mission execution; challenge organizations, but remain mindful of their limitations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsFocused on delivering the best patient care for the best patients in the world. Many cutting edge capabilities and resources, especially in terms of electronic health records and associated technologies. Great benefits.

ConsBureaucratic, sometimes can be inflexible. Some jobs require very long hours, especially for military personnel, not so much for civilian and contract employees. Good communications and many opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on collaboration with the other Services and with the VA. The Nationwide Health Information Network (NwHIN) is a strategic opportunity that the AMEDD has been presented with, but has not engaged on. We are ceding this effort to MHS without taking any sort of leadership role.

Worked for U.S. Army Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!