U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command

Very good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command

Pros

Highly skilled and competent workforce.

Cons

Communication flow from senior management to workforce.

I can't take it anymore

I have been working at U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and paid for my education
    Travel to interesting locations

Cons

You don't really need an education to perform the job duties
    All you do is keep track of what other people in other agencies are up to
    I feel like I am way too smart to work here, that is why I am looking for a new job

Don't hire engineers/mathematicians hire business/human resources people

Outstanding place to work couldn't ask for a better work environment.

Current Employee - Squad Leader in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Squad Leader in El Paso, TX

I have been working at U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command

Pros

It is a very influential place to work i have no gripes or complaints hey it a job right!!!
    Always have time for my family my medical expenses for me and my family are always taken care of and my job is always progressing. The possibilities are endless my educational opportunities are endless and the benefits outweigh any other job I could apply for. 4 weeks of paid vacation and retirement at the age of 38 with a full education I can't possibly beat it in any profession.

Cons

Some of the downsides include working some late nights and being out in the field well desert for a week or two at a time but we do get compensated for it most of the time.

Keep on doing what they are doing the only thing i have is certain aspects of what i have seen with outside contractors. They need to be supervised most of the time it is a big waste of time and money spent of individuals. Most of the time the jobs can be done by the individuals already working.

Make a difference in a soldier's life . . .

Current Employee - General Engineer in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - General Engineer in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command

Pros

Opportunity to work on up-and-coming weapon systems, frequent travel, freedom and flexibility in schedule, plenty of leave, work that is meaningful (as in, it prevents inferior weapon systems and equipment from reaching the American soldiers), supportive of education (pay for advanced degrees)

Cons

Work ebbs and flows; sometimes you are way too busy; other times, you seem to have nothing to do. If you're not working on a "marquee" system, it's difficult to get noticed by senior management, even if you're doing good work. Opportunity for promotion within the organization is limited because most people in senior positions are entrenched there or will move laterally, to be replaced by somebody else who is equally senior.

Management needs to recognize the people that are doing good work, even on less visible programs, and ensure that they are getting the opportunities that they need to excel.

Rewarding place to work.

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Alexandria, VA

I worked at U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command

Pros

-Great Work life balance. Senior staff is really supportive of employees' personal and family issues. Work environment is relaxed.

Very good federal job security and a many opportunities to travel around the country on some of the most interesting and important programs essential to our national security.

Cons

Pay isn't all that great, especially in the Washington, D.C. area. However, the benefits package as a federal employee is quite good and most time compensates for the lower pay compared to industry.

After a certain pay grade, career advancement slows down significantly, something inherent to any federal job.

More thorough performance reviews.

Overall, it has been positive.

I have been working at U.S. Army Test & Evalaution Command

Pros

Diverse tasks and available travel opportunities...

Cons

Government Service includes unique limitations...