U.S. Bank Reviews in California

1,466 Reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis
1,021 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 89 reviews)

• The work environment is conducive to open communication and does not feel micro-managed (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 49 reviews)

More Highlights

140 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large company. Many different opportunities to grow from within. Good communication within the company. Very consumer friendly, and offers something for everyone. Employees are great and work together.

Cons

New training program makes it difficult to complete while in the office, unlike other banks that send bankers to training at a facility.

Teller

Current Employee - Teller  in  Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Corona, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a really good job to start up with in finance. Everything is really basic and easy to do. Just need to follow the procedure and different steps to prevent frauds and all the good stuff. Many regulations to follow. Start Early, This is an entry level job. It is not hard.

Cons

It takes time to move up.

Worst Health Insurance I've Ever Had - Employees Generally Under-Appreciated

Current Employee - Loan Processor  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company values are sound, and it's nice working for a company who isn't entirely focused on gouging their customers for every dollar they can get. Depending on which department you work, I believe U.S. Bank gives a fair shot at maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

Compensation is lower than other banks (annual raises average about 1% - seriously), and the "benefits" are a joke. Seriously, if you can get a job at Citi Bank or Wells Fargo - do it.

God forbid I have to ever get an x-ray or something, because I'd go bankrupt. My own manager told me his medical bills are already $7K in - and it's only September. Another supervisor had to go to the E.R. one day where they did a MRI - she came back with a $3K medical bill.

I chose the best health insurance policy they offered and I'm literally paying $300 per month in premiums, yetI can't even go to the doctor for a routine wellness check and blood test without getting billed for $80 (they only covered cholesterol and blood sugar testing; who cares about early detection?). I'm literally scared. The co-payment just to get inside the E.R. to see a doctor is $150 - isn't that the same as if you don't have health insurance? I never had a co-payment higher than $50 for the E.R. I've never had to pay a dollar more than $20 for any of my doctor's visits - regardless of the type.

Every time I go to the doctor, I'm advised of all the things that are NOT covered by my health insurance. Did I mention this was the best plan they offered? I live in fear that me or my family will get sick or injured, because I'll have to file bankruptcy. Considering how little they pay me, the least U.S. Bank could do is offer a decent health insurance plan.

Realize your future is your employees and invest wisely. Read the university studies - happy employees are more productive, and so are healthy employees so give us some better and more affordable insurance choices.

And by the way, the "employee survey" was a pathetic show. I haven't heard an action plan yet and it's obvious nobody really cares what we said. Why don't you stop pretending to care about your employees? It's really offensive you think we're that blind that we can't tell you think of us as little more than cattle.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short N Snappy

Current Employee - In-Store Banker  in  Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - In-Store Banker in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work as a 30 hour Full time in-store banker. It's extremely flexible as I am current still attending school. It's a great place to start. If you have no banking experience, skipping the whole teller position and starting as a banker is always a plus. They offer tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision, and match 401k up to 4% I believe.

Cons

Advancement: This is a pro and a con. I believe it is easier to move up in an in-store environment, but it's still not easy. It really depends on your manager and how eager they want to help advance you. There's a lack of communication between upper management and yourself.

Now I'm not saying you need to brown nose, but you need to get your numbers up and continue. You will need to get commitment from your management. Being consistent with higher than average sales, may not get you anywhere.

very laid back work environment

Current Employee - In -store Personal Banker II  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - In -store Personal Banker II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back work envionment, I have worked for the big four banks previously and they have been nothing close to the work culture here, on top of that competitive pay, perks and benefits. I would definitely recoomend this job to someone who wants to stay in the banking industry long term wise.

Cons

IT tech needs improvement. part of the hardware/software that USbank has are couple years behind it competetors.

keep up the good work!

Good bank to work for. Easy to get an entry-level banker job.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Orange, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great products and services. Good opportunities to grow. Easy systems and tools to do the job. Great training and management.

Cons

Small wages and poor benefits. Poor work / life balance since some instore branches open 7 days a wek

Increase pay. If you dont pay your best talent higher wages, someone else will.

Growth in a career

Former Employee - Universal Banker  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Universal Banker in San Diego, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am a universal banker at US Bank in San Diego CA, with this company its kind of a hit or miss if you want to build a career and grow within the company. In other states and other counties I have herd great stories about the opportunity for growth and how employees have build a wonderful career with the company. San Diego is still kind of a new market for the company so if you are lucky you can end up with the right district manager actually grow quickly.

Cons

Because San Diego is a new market you are not valued the way you should with the company, San Diego is one of the most expensive places to live and they under pay hourly telling you that you can make it up in commission, but the commission structure is like a slap in the face and goes by a point system vs product sold. Also you may be one of the unlucky ones to end up in southern San Diego district where the distric manager really does not know what she is doing and does not value you as a person, she also likes to take credit for any success you do have, for the past two years I have tried to get a promotion and have not had success, I always exceed my goals, i participate and volunteer in district trainings, conversations and have even lead many of them. instead I have seen managers be demoted to bankers (yes, this is real), people that I trained have got positions I have worked hard for (and the district manager's reson is because they stand out more, and no her perfomance is not better than mine, we are always among the top bankers), over all the company is good but the people the bank hires as your leaders makes a difference in your future, this distric manager in particular is already retired from union bank, she is now working again and dont think she will be here long, she cares only about numbers even if its not entirely ethical, I imagine this is because she wants a fat bonus and re-retire with a great pay, every one else ( like me ) doesnt matter to her.

Branch managers are doing great, district manager: your methods are old school, i respect that but please let the young teach you how it should be done in the modern world.

Business Banking Officer

Former Employee - Business Banking Officer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Banking Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1.Good Company with very straight forward vision.
    2.Good upper management.
    3.well balanced life/work cycle.

Cons

1.salary is less than any other bank about 10%-30%.
    2.No credit training. actually I doubt if your manager understands how to write up a deal.
    3. very old system .
    4.cheap comp. Plan. with average production you should be making at least $5000 at any other bank.

1. pump up your BBO base salary so you can stop the employee attrition.
    2.revise your comp plane to keep your good employees longer.
    3.actual credit training for managers so they know the meaning of the Commercial/business deals.

Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - In*store Banker I  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - In*store Banker I in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program, Many Locations that offer training. Great products make it easier to sell to customers.

Cons

Instore world isnt the greatest. Weird Hours. Work Sundays. (Instores are open Sundays)

Teller

Current Employee - Teller II  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Teller II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training and opportunities for career growth.

Cons

The overall compensation is low vs. job requirements.

none.

U.S. Bank Photos

U.S. Bank offices in downtown Freeport, Illinois, USA. (Photo attributed to IvoShandor - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)
US Bank Plaza
U.S. Bank tower offices in Denver, Colorado. (Photo attributed to David Shankbone - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)

+ Add Photo

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!