U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 24, 2014

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management)(in 80 reviews)

• There are lots of opportunities for advancement and lateral career changes(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance(in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place(in 45 reviews)

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company to work for.

Investor Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood work atmosphere. Great work and life balance. Good flexible schedule.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. Average pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company's values. Stable company.

Complacent environment, complete lack of management and leadership

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsJob security would be the only pro...as long as you're okay with complacency and zero prospects for career growth.

ConsCompensation is terrible and the benefits package may be one of the worst in corporate America; no prospects for advancement/growth/promotion; no leadership or clear vision by management; computer systems used are old, out-dated, and not remotely user friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to recognize talent within the organization and improve leadership at the management level; take some risks - this is one of the most risk averse companies in the financial sector.

passion equals hard work and dedication

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI love the atmoshire that my co workers and I share. I enjoy coming to work and I love being here.

Conswork load maybe overbaring at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't work for US Bank

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNormal business hours, hardly any late nights.

ConsLow pay.
    New managers given no training.
    High turnover rates in management set-up team for failure
    Little to no management accountability for mistakes
    Pour employee benefits & flexibility leading to low moral.
    No assistance or visibility from HR.
    No career management or advancement opportunities.

they cheap

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey have decent benefits and are making an effort as a whole to try to reward employees. They give a day off to volunteer. Also being a bank there are quite a few paid holidays off!

ConsMy dept didnt get as much funding and resources. the company as a whole is conservative and cheap. they don't pay much compared to market. not much of a culture at all either. in my dept morale was very poor. made coming to work hard.

Advice to Senior Managementgive employees more and have more opportunities available

Finance Director

Finance Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat work lif balance. Family atmosphere. Focused management.

ConsA little too conservative. Not for hard chargers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore rotation of SVP and above management.

Decent place for new grads, not the place for a lasting career

Structured Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery little risk, great co-workers, great work-life balance

ConsBelow industry average, across the board, in all positions. US Bank is too conservative to pay a competitive salary to retain top talent. As such, the turnover in analyst roles is extremely high after 2 years of experience, increasing the workload to unrealistic levels for the employees that decide to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay high level employees the industry average for their services, or expect to be the bank where everyone goes to gain experience, and jump ship, after they've learned the skills valued by your competitors.

Very dependable will get the job done in record time. Have no problem coming to work always on time never late .

Data Entry (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork well with other to get it done will not stop until it has been complete. I am not afraid of hard work.

ConsDon't like working with people who are slacker and don't like to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on top of things and get the job done in record time.

Solid company, consistently positive financials, not reliant on "too big to fail" crutch, has compensation challenges

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOld school bank focused on old school lending and fee generating annuity streams. Side stepped the credit crises by not overextending itself in fancy derivatives. Relaxed workplace atmosphere with good work/life balance.

ConsMeritocracy is preached as it is at any company however compensation is not able to keep up with increasing demands of operational functions; high turnover rates not addressed by management; lateral mobility within organization is poor.

Great!!

Management (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCommunity and customer driven and oriented

ConsEverything with the company has been great

Advice to Senior ManagementAwesome Management leaders

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!