U.S. Bank

3.2 1,325 reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

1,325 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management)"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Great work environment and they really listen to their employees"
    in 41 reviews
Cons:
  • "Worst work/life balance of my entire career while employed at US Bank"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Upper management would never tell you about change until it was already rolled out"
    in 42 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good, but dated technology

Quality Analyst (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe company culture was good, just seemed to work at a slower conservative pace compared to other banks.

ConsThe benefits were good, but the salary was awful compared to the market rate for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be quicker to update the technology used. Using Windows XP and Microsoft 98 in 2014 is not acceptable when you are a large financial institution.

It pays well and has great benefits

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsThe Pay is decent, vacation and sick time are good, Opportunities to advance are present. Dress code is relaxed. You have your own work space that is not shared, there are no shift bids.

Conscall center environment is micromanaged to a miserable degree. The environment is unpleasant. The attendance policy is bs and managers are quick to write you up. No tolerance policy is at the managers discretion and on a case to case basis. Reporting an ethics violation is a joke. Managers seem to not have any rules to follow. The metrics they want you to meet are at some points impossible and the recognition for meeting or exceeding goals is an -email congratulations... They have removed all opportunities for bonus in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one is happy in the call center. You treat us like grunts. no recognition and the ethics are extremely lakcking. Micro management is not going to work.

Used to be great. Poor support for well being of employees. No longer best place to work.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsSenior leadership values customers and valuable employees that have successfully transported company to rise as leader in industry and weather the storm.

ConsCustomers and employees no longer valued. Recruiters and head hunters out in droves looking to hired well trained retail bank leaders for little compensation increase, but due to poor HR support with poor consistent policies and ethics, and extremely poor pay and incentive and support, are making headway with successful offers.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate how the home market is being managed. During this time of public exposure, the negative is growing similar to a virus. Long time employees in retail settings looking to flee to competitors by the dozens. Talk to the employees and really listen. Value them, or you will no longer have them.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding experience, customers and community came first.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, products, ethics and growth.

ConsCross department communication, typical issues that plague large corporations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

It's a good place to start

Teller I (Current Employee)
    Des Plaines, IL

ProsSchedule Flexibility, Bonuses, Networking, Grow within the company.

ConsThere is alot of "favoritism".

Interesting.

Fargo, ND

ProsThere was incentives to up sell things.

ConsLack of communication and confusion during the hiring process, training, and going live on the floor. I was told that I was going to be doing something completely different then what I ended up doing. The length and depth of training was good. I felt very confident going live but wish I would have known how to use the phone systems a little more.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking sure that the people you bring on know what they are going to be doing specifically.

Good place to work...

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat benefits. Great staff. Lots of good upper-level female leaders. Conservative in their risk-taking, which is good in a bank. Liberal in their culture, which is good in an employer.

ConsAs is typical in large organizations, some departments were so dysfunctional and the people so Machiavellian that it made working with them unbearable.

Advice to Senior ManagementRichard Davis is an inspirational leader.

Great company

Personal Banker II (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood Incentive structure. Empowers personal bankers with excellent on the job training. Good number of campaigns in a year that builds team work and interaction with peers at other branches. Good balance between work and personal life. Hard work is very well recognized.

ConsSlow underwriting process. Visibility completely depends on how your branch manager projects you to the senior management.

Fantastic place to work for!

Credit Analyst Manager (Current Employee)
    Brookfield, WI

ProsCEO is the best leader to work for.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Teller

Teller II (Current Employee)
    Vista, CA

ProsFlexible hours, competitive pay, and a great learning opportunity in the finance industry.

ConsDifficult to move up within the company and you can only move up with certain guidelines the managers set up for you.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All 1,325 reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.