U.S. Bank

3.2 1,325 reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

1,325 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management)"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Great work environment and they really listen to their employees"
    in 41 reviews
Cons:
  • "Worst work/life balance of my entire career while employed at US Bank"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Upper management would never tell you about change until it was already rolled out"
    in 42 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Teller

Teller II (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat training and opportunities for career growth.

ConsThe overall compensation is low vs. job requirements.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

Rewarding company for top performers

ProsGreat company that value employees hard work and performance. They are growing fast and sooner will be one of the top bank in the county. They are already on top when it comes to commercial banking and treasury management services.

ConsLess branches as compare to competitors..................

Just a job

Deposit Processor (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe incentive pay was good....Mgmt was very nice and understanding.

ConsSome of the co workers were horrible, immature,INSECURE women who tried to cause problems for others. The same people employed in the same monotonous position for years. No room for advancement.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more observant of how your employees interact w/one another.this will help weed out the bad apples that ruin the whole bunch.Know that work place harassment is prevalent.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great leadership & fantastic culture

ProsSenior management believes that happy, dedicated, loyal employees will deliver outstanding customer service and as a result, shareholders will be rewarded. And the results indicate that they're right. A great place to work.

ConsNeed to invest more in technology. Need to better publicize the tremendous wealth management capabilities within Ascent Private Capital Management and The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank. We're really good at wealth management, but many people don't realize it.

Great company overall, but know your local management.

Teller Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThere are amazing resources available to employees. The bank genuinely cares about its employees and their communities. Development, education and involvement is part of the corporate culture. Some divisions have faster growth than others, but experience counts. There is plenty of movement across divisions. If you don't grow here, it's because you're actively trying not to.

ConsWork/life balance is going to be difficult in any customer-facing position. That's just the nature of the beast. There are also places in the bank where management doesn't know what their subordinates positions actually entail. This makes it difficult to do some jobs while servicing customers and dealing with increasing regulations. Be very aware of what you're getting into before you say yes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLow-level management needs more support. It's a thin, dangerous line that most Customer Service Managers, Teller Coordinators and Operations Specialists have to walk. Listen to them! These are your front line people, the ones in the trenches every day. Cross-training should be required for all members of management.

US BAnk makes you feel like part of the team.

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

ProsYou are treated fairly and paid a good salary.

ConsLong hours in the In-Store locations

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with In-store employees on hours.

US Bank values their employees. They provide training and tools for sucess

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

Prosfair wages, good hours, friendly staff, full-service cafeteria, good benefits

ConsSometimes it doesn't matter how you say it, or how many tools you have been provided, some people don't want to hear what you have to say. Customers are in vulnerable positions while on the phone and can lash out at you personally and professionally. Its a little emotionally taxing at times. You just have to let it go.

Good place to work.

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee)
    Richfield, MN

ProsTheir IT processes are managed in a very formal way with project managers and business analysts making sure that requirements and schedules are met. I have worked other places that had very informal environments and I found that the formality can be very useful. The project I was on was very well managed.

ConsI worked their as a contractor and they do not like to keep contractors long term.

Fantastic company with endless career growth!

Personal Banker II (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsI've experienced nothing but amazing career growth out of the two years that I've been with USB. If you are motivated and treat what you do as a career, then this company will treat you as family! U.S. Bank works to develop their talent, pushes you for success and gives so much back to the communities that we live. I'm certainly proud to work for this company.

ConsI'm biased, I love where I work, I'll admit it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! We're a company that continues to grow as a business thus our management team and our front lines as well. No one is left behind in my opinion and yet another aspect of USB that makes me proud to work there.

FYI-- Richard is amazing! To hear our CEO speak and the way he engages everyone is simply inspiring. He has truly started at the bank from the front lines as a teller/banker, and now he's one of the most admired CEOs in our country. I'm most proud of his community relations pursuits and focus on diversity and inclusion. Couldn't ask for a more focused, innovative, and involved executive team!

Senior banker

In-Store Senior Banker (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsLeadership genuinely concerned about employees and development. Great products.

ConsPay raise and incentive payoff is low

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All 1,325 reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.