U.S. Bank

3.2 1,186 reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

1,186 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Relaxed workplace atmosphere with good work/life balance"
    in 68 reviews
  • "I liked their data management systems, and friendly work environment"
    in 38 reviews
Cons:
  • "Worst work/life balance of my entire career while employed at US Bank"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Upper management would never tell you about change until it was already rolled out"
    in 39 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Corporate, sales enviroment

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Rose City, AR

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Prosworking with the customers and your banking staff

ConsToo much selling, corporate world, selling products just to win a contest

Advice to Senior ManagementNot so much pressure to sell- you end up trying to sell things to customers just to win a contest, not ethical

good

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

Proswork place is flexible for most

Conscompensation is not the best

Teller surpervisor

Teller Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood training. Nice people. Good work-life balance.

ConsThis position is focus on operation & sales. Have to meet same sales criteria teller even though you are also responsible for operations task, audit, coaching tellers, fix errors ,customer's issues, and scheduling. Yet pay is maybe only one dollar more than tellers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince this is a management position give us more respect, lower sales criteria, and more pay.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Personal Banker And financial Sales

24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, Vacation, Advancement opportunities, dynamic atmosphere, perks time off,

ConsMicromanagement, Tiered compensation, better incentives and maybe a venue to discuss new ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter incentives

Working for the Evil Galactic Empire!!

Loss Mitigation (Current Employee)
Owensboro, KY

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros2 weeks of vacation time and 1 week available to purchase and an additional week after 5 years, weekends and holidays off. 401k with a great company match. Health and dental benefits are available but could be better.

Consinsufficient pay, no respect for employees, corrupt management and buddy promotion system prevent fair advancement opportunities. I believe the company on the higher level is a great company, but locally it is an abomination.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees are better employees! Erradicate the corrupt members of management and correct all of the issues I have mentioned.

Universal Banker

Universal Banker (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company has numerous training opportunities as well as opportunities to move up within the company. Management was easy to work with and was maintained at a local level.

ConsThe branch had very limited resources. Although located in a very low income neighborhood the goals were the same as other branches and made difficult to achieve goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide necessary supplies to each branch and adjust team goals.

Underpaid Overworked

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsBranch staff is phenomenal, lots of wonderful benefits for someone without a family, paid holidays off, weekends off, great schedule, potential to move up (if you have a degree it's faster).

ConsTRAINING SUCKS (does not prepare you for job), potential to move up (if you have a degree it's faster), Managers hire than Branch Managers are awful and disengaged, MORE MORE MORE with this company. Overworked and underpaid. KDS is a joke (Provide exceptional customer service and often times not good enough)

Advice to Senior ManagementTry actually training and giving your employees knowledge. Also, managers that aren't in branch try caring.

OK

Teller (Former Employee)
Madison, WI

I worked at U.S. Bank part-time for more than a year

ProsCool co-workers
Free services and discounts

ConsMicromanaging
Not enough resources
Schedule not flexible

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible

Positive experience with management, but compensation is unfair and does not account for experience or education.

I have been working at U.S. Bank

ProsGreat company culture and benefits
Good work/life balance
Valuable experience

ConsCompensation is not fair, especially when promoted from within.
They do not account for experience or education.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal employees should be paid MORE, not less than external employees. U.S. Bank says they are a great company to work for because they promote from within, however, their employees are short-changed.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A good company if you get in the right department.

Digital Project Manager/Tester (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay and benefits, including a a very generous bonus program, 401K and pension (you don't see that too often anymore). Fully vested in 3 years. Decent vacation time. Managers do listen and it is a very racially diverse company with many opportunities for minorities and women.

ConsDepartments can't seem to cooperate or get along with each other. It is a big company and ofter hard to get the things you need to get your work done. For example I was moved into the testing department and it is nearly impossible to get the documents you needed to actually do the testing. I worked long hours and weekends because other departments couldn't deliver their content on time and then refused to extend the testing time.

Bait and switch jobs! Hired me as a web marketing person, then moved me into software testing, which I wasn't remotely interested in. Promised me training for the job and never delivered. A Friend of mine was hired for public relations writer and they tried to make him be a graphic designer even though he had no design experience. It takes a long time to get someone hired there, so when managers have an important spot to fill they just move over the last guy hired to fill it and hope they can learn it. I quite out of frustration, without even having another job to go to.

I worked it in the Internet and Mobile Channel Group, other departments aren't this messed up. I would also stay away from there IT department (they call it TOS), unless you are ready to work a lot of late nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication and cooperation between departments needs improvement, as it virtually nonexistent today. Better procedures for delivering content, etc and make people follow the procedures. Stop outsourcing work overseas. Don't you see what a risk this is to let foreign nationals have access to customer accounts and web development? They could be programming in backdoors, planting spyware, etc. This is a accident waiting to happen.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All 1,186 reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.