U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Reviews in Fargo, ND

Updated Jul 17, 2014

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management)(in 79 reviews)

• The benefits are good and the work environment is geared to work/life balance for the most part(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance(in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place(in 45 reviews)

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Alright place to work.

General Clerk (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsLots of room for advancement. You have to ability to learn a variety of functions and can be constantly switching departments if you need a change in pace.

ConsYou start with a minmal 2 weeks of PTO. After 5 years, this bumps up to 3 weeks. After 15 years, it goes to 4 weeks and stops at that. Bonuses are very minimal and are only once a year, based on performance and quality. Reviews are at the beginning of the year so bonuses don't appear on your paycheck until well into February, sometimes March.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it worth your employees to do a good job. Quarterly bonuses for good quality and going above and beyond would greatly reduce the turnover rate.

Interesting.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsThere was incentives to up sell things.

ConsLack of communication and confusion during the hiring process, training, and going live on the floor. I was told that I was going to be doing something completely different then what I ended up doing. The length and depth of training was good. I felt very confident going live but wish I would have known how to use the phone systems a little more.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking sure that the people you bring on know what they are going to be doing specifically.

Horrible!

SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsThe price of the health insurance was good. Department manager was great. Recognition for good work.

ConsAlthough the insurance was "cheap", the pay was bad so the chunk of money it took out of every check made it that much harder to get by with basic living expenses. This company doesn't treat you like a person, they treat you like a number, a peon, like you are disposable. The work was awful. Taking calls with no breathing room in between, not even a second to take a sip of water. Every second you were not on a call went against you and God forbid you needed to use the bathroom. You needed to be a robot. Terrible place. They made me feel like a child. The training was long and it didn't cover a lot of what you encountered with callers everyday and the expectations were completely unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the BS the people on the phone have to put up with, missing important family events, etc.. they deserve to be better compensated. US Bank wants their employees to give 110% but US Bank only wants to give back a fraction of that. Look at employees as actual PEOPLE, not robots.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your time here, unless you know somebody, you are nobody.

Business Mail Advisor (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsDay shift?! 9:30 to 8:00 including every Saturday. Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays off

ConsMiddle Management - Once a week you get a verbal beat down of any mistakes you may have made. We are talking even the very smallest of mistakes. Never any positive feedback. If you should ask a question they say they will get back to you and they don't. Unless you are a friend of management you are nobody. They expect you to do things they never trained you on.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle Management butt kissing needs to stop.

I have worked for U.S. Bank for 15 years and plan to retire with the company.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsCompany ethics, respect and value employees, work/life balance.

ConsMay not pay the highest salary; but with benefits is very acceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

The Power of US

Vice President (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsI've experienced tremendous support for furthering my career by managers and colleagues who have been great mentors.

ConsWe tend to be late adapters in advanced technology, but be patient, it's getting better every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working toward improving collaboration across business lines, seeking strategic partnerships with external firms, and improving technological efficieinces.

Amazing, fun!

School Age Childcare Leader (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsYou get to spend your whole day with kids. They will brighten every bad day. It was a new day and new experience everyday. And the staff were amazing and always helpful!

ConsThe pay wasn't the greatest but I never complained because I loved what I did and couldn't wait to go to work every day.

Great managers, very little room to move up in certain fields

Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsDecent pay, managers work to make employees happy, overall great starter job, great benefits and 200 hours of vacation.

ConsSupervisors lack vision and can be very counter intuitive to productivity, constant changes in responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat choice of management but the supervisor selection seems based on time of employment as opposed to actual strenth of employees which leads to a few dim bulbs in the supervisor positions.

Its not a terrible place to work...

Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsThere are lots of schedule options depending on your needs. Many different entry level jobs available.

ConsMany different entry level positions should mean many opportunities for advancement, but not really.

I would not recommend a career at USBank

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsCo-workers are great, working environment is friendly and casual. Time-off is granted easily and vacation is easy to obtain.

ConsHORRIBLE pay and benefits. I have worked at USbank for several years and my pay does not increase in any measurable way (it only decreases as premiums for insurance increase). The health insurance is absolutely terrible. I have tried several different ways to make the insurance work for my family, but we always end up with massive amounts of medical debt for going to the doctor for normal things. There is absolutely no accountability for management. Anytime they want to change something (to benefit themselves) they do it without regard for employees. I detest Usbank and would never recommend them to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better health insurance for your employees. Provide incentives for employees to move up or improve. Consider your employees and their families when making decisions. Be fair. Your employees will work up to the level you are compensating them for. The better you treat them, the better they will perform.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!