U.S. Bank Reviews in Fargo, ND

1,504 Reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis
1,048 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 95 reviews)

• The work environment is conducive to open communication and does not feel micro-managed (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 50 reviews)

More Highlights

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Interesting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There was incentives to up sell things.

Cons

Lack of communication and confusion during the hiring process, training, and going live on the floor. I was told that I was going to be doing something completely different then what I ended up doing. The length and depth of training was good. I felt very confident going live but wish I would have known how to use the phone systems a little more.

Making sure that the people you bring on know what they are going to be doing specifically.

Don't Contract through Kelly services

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I worked at U.S. Bank as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, fairly decent training manual, co-workers, cafeteria, convenient parking.

Cons

Non-pay for approved hours, ongoing threats of non-payment by Kelly Services supervisor even when US Bank approved hours on time. At one point, my Kelly Services supervisor was calling or emailing me 12X in a 20-hour span, threatening to not pay me for hours my US Bank supervisor approved on time. My Kelly Services supervisor ordered me to go home (suddenly leaving my mandatory training at US Bank for 4 hours) to download forms that were not even needed.

Have US Bank liaison for contract employees if Kelly Services is chronically late pay, or continually harasses and threatens to not pay.

Alright place to work.

Current Employee - General Clerk in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - General Clerk in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement. You have to ability to learn a variety of functions and can be constantly switching departments if you need a change in pace.

Cons

You start with a minmal 2 weeks of PTO. After 5 years, this bumps up to 3 weeks. After 15 years, it goes to 4 weeks and stops at that. Bonuses are very minimal and are only once a year, based on performance and quality. Reviews are at the beginning of the year so bonuses don't appear on your paycheck until well into February, sometimes March.

Make it worth your employees to do a good job. Quarterly bonuses for good quality and going above and beyond would greatly reduce the turnover rate.

Horrible!

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The price of the health insurance was good. Department manager was great. Recognition for good work.

Cons

Although the insurance was "cheap", the pay was bad so the chunk of money it took out of every check made it that much harder to get by with basic living expenses. This company doesn't treat you like a person, they treat you like a number, a peon, like you are disposable. The work was awful. Taking calls with no breathing room in between, not even a second to take a sip of water. Every second you were not on a call went against you and God forbid you needed to use the bathroom. You needed to be a robot. Terrible place. They made me feel like a child. The training was long and it didn't cover a lot of what you encountered with callers everyday and the expectations were completely unrealistic.

For the BS the people on the phone have to put up with, missing important family events, etc.. they deserve to be better compensated. US Bank wants their employees to give 110% but US Bank only wants to give back a fraction of that. Look at employees as actual PEOPLE, not robots.

Don't waste your time here, unless you know somebody, you are nobody.

Former Employee - Business Mail Advisor in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Business Mail Advisor in Fargo, ND

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Day shift?! 9:30 to 8:00 including every Saturday. Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays off

Cons

Middle Management - Once a week you get a verbal beat down of any mistakes you may have made. We are talking even the very smallest of mistakes. Never any positive feedback. If you should ask a question they say they will get back to you and they don't. Unless you are a friend of management you are nobody. They expect you to do things they never trained you on.

Middle Management butt kissing needs to stop.

I have worked for U.S. Bank for 15 years and plan to retire with the company.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company ethics, respect and value employees, work/life balance.

Cons

May not pay the highest salary; but with benefits is very acceptable.

Keep doing what you are doing

The Power of US

Current Employee - Vice President in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Vice President in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've experienced tremendous support for furthering my career by managers and colleagues who have been great mentors.

Cons

We tend to be late adapters in advanced technology, but be patient, it's getting better every day.

Continue working toward improving collaboration across business lines, seeking strategic partnerships with external firms, and improving technological efficieinces.

Amazing, fun!

Former Employee - School Age Childcare Leader in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - School Age Childcare Leader in Fargo, ND

I worked at U.S. Bank part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to spend your whole day with kids. They will brighten every bad day. It was a new day and new experience everyday. And the staff were amazing and always helpful!

Cons

The pay wasn't the greatest but I never complained because I loved what I did and couldn't wait to go to work every day.

Great managers, very little room to move up in certain fields

Current Employee - Fraud Detection Analyst in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, managers work to make employees happy, overall great starter job, great benefits and 200 hours of vacation.

Cons

Supervisors lack vision and can be very counter intuitive to productivity, constant changes in responsibilities.

Great choice of management but the supervisor selection seems based on time of employment as opposed to actual strenth of employees which leads to a few dim bulbs in the supervisor positions.

Its not a terrible place to work...

Current Employee - Fraud Detection Analyst in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are lots of schedule options depending on your needs. Many different entry level jobs available.

Cons

Many different entry level positions should mean many opportunities for advancement, but not really.

U.S. Bank Photos

U.S. Bank offices in downtown Freeport, Illinois, USA. (Photo attributed to IvoShandor - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)
US Bank Plaza
U.S. Bank tower offices in Denver, Colorado. (Photo attributed to David Shankbone - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)

+ Add Photo