U.S. Bank Reviews

Reset
3.4
U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Good flexibility in terms of work-life balance (in 99 reviews)

• Good work environment with modest benefits (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough sometimes (in 45 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't care about the little guy (in 52 reviews)

Great experience to become accustomed to customer service.

Former Employee - Inbound Fraud Specialist in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Inbound Fraud Specialist in Fargo, ND

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours when once get the shift you want. Coworkers were really helpful and gave a lot of insight to how to be extremely effective at your position. Management/direct manager were very quick to assist complicated issues and willing to sit with you while you do your work to make sure you are not only doing it right but also break down each situation.

Cons

Unable to hang up on rude or nasty customers. After learning all the skills the job can become very mundane and repetitive.

So far it's been great

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the bank for about 7 months now and so far everything has been great. What you do at this position is helping corporate and government customers with their credit card questions, inquiries and other questions that they might have. I'm not sure if I have just been lucky but the managers that I have are really great. They are there for any questions that I may have and are always willing to help, talk to you and find out the answer if they don't know it. Benefits are good in my opinion. I got a bonus and a raise after my sixth month, I thought that was great. Also when I started I had to work every other weekend, but after five months that changed and now my schedule is M-F 8:30-5:00 which is awesome.

Cons

After some time the job can get boring. Don't get too comfy in your cube cause you might have to change it multiple times.

Advice to Management

Give more access to the internet to the customer service people, it can get really boring on a slow days. At least to news websites.

3. not a bad place, lower salary range relative to industry

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Fargo, ND

Pros

good corporate culture and senior management

Cons

lower salary than industry avg, slightly shoddy facilities, behind the curve on tech

Advice to Management

pay us more!

Very Cliquey

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Pros

Pay is ok that is about it

Cons

Management is cliquey very high school in behavior. Employees aren't treated like human beings. If you are unfortunate enough to have to be on the phone all day they will watch you like a hawk everything will be scheduled for you like you are a prisoner. Benefits are awful. Do not trust HR they are there for management not employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like human beings. We all have lives to live we don't live to work for you. Don't claim to have whistleblower protections in place when they do nothing or go straight to the source and out the person for coming forward. Until you start seeing your employees as fellow human beings you wont be able to keep anyone.

Don't Contract through Kelly services

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Fargo, ND
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Fargo, ND

I worked at U.S. Bank as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, fairly decent training manual, co-workers, cafeteria, convenient parking.

Cons

Non-pay for approved hours, ongoing threats of non-payment by Kelly Services supervisor even when US Bank approved hours on time. At one point, my Kelly Services supervisor was calling or emailing me 12X in a 20-hour span, threatening to not pay me for hours my US Bank supervisor approved on time. My Kelly Services supervisor ordered me to go home (suddenly leaving my mandatory training at US Bank for 4 hours) to download forms that were not even needed.

Advice to Management

Have US Bank liaison for contract employees if Kelly Services is chronically late pay, or continually harasses and threatens to not pay.

7. Alright place to work.

Current Employee - General Clerk in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - General Clerk in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement. You have to ability to learn a variety of functions and can be constantly switching departments if you need a change in pace.

Cons

You start with a minmal 2 weeks of PTO. After 5 years, this bumps up to 3 weeks. After 15 years, it goes to 4 weeks and stops at that. Bonuses are very minimal and are only once a year, based on performance and quality. Reviews are at the beginning of the year so bonuses don't appear on your paycheck until well into February, sometimes March.

Advice to Management

Make it worth your employees to do a good job. Quarterly bonuses for good quality and going above and beyond would greatly reduce the turnover rate.

Horrible!

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The price of the health insurance was good. Department manager was great. Recognition for good work.

Cons

Although the insurance was "cheap", the pay was bad so the chunk of money it took out of every check made it that much harder to get by with basic living expenses. This company doesn't treat you like a person, they treat you like a number, a peon, like you are disposable. The work was awful. Taking calls with no breathing room in between, not even a second to take a sip of water. Every second you were not on a call went against you and God forbid you needed to use the bathroom. You needed to be a robot. Terrible place. They made me feel like a child. The training was long and it didn't cover a lot of what you encountered with callers everyday and the expectations were completely unrealistic.

Advice to Management

For the BS the people on the phone have to put up with, missing important family events, etc.. they deserve to be better compensated. US Bank wants their employees to give 110% but US Bank only wants to give back a fraction of that. Look at employees as actual PEOPLE, not robots.

9. Interesting.

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was incentives to up sell things.

Cons

Lack of communication and confusion during the hiring process, training, and going live on the floor. I was told that I was going to be doing something completely different then what I ended up doing. The length and depth of training was good. I felt very confident going live but wish I would have known how to use the phone systems a little more.

Advice to Management

Making sure that the people you bring on know what they are going to be doing specifically.

Don't waste your time here, unless you know somebody, you are nobody.

Former Employee - Business Mail Advisor in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Business Mail Advisor in Fargo, ND

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Day shift?! 9:30 to 8:00 including every Saturday. Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays off

Cons

Middle Management - Once a week you get a verbal beat down of any mistakes you may have made. We are talking even the very smallest of mistakes. Never any positive feedback. If you should ask a question they say they will get back to you and they don't. Unless you are a friend of management you are nobody. They expect you to do things they never trained you on.

Advice to Management

Middle Management butt kissing needs to stop.

11. I have worked for U.S. Bank for 15 years and plan to retire with the company.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company ethics, respect and value employees, work/life balance.

Cons

May not pay the highest salary; but with benefits is very acceptable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Showing 22 of 2,203 reviews