U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Manager of Retail Bank

Branch Manager II (Former Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsFinally getting updated technology, many resources to find answers to problems, etc. Excellent training process. Large bank with small bank feel.

ConsHuman Resources tends to have more say in matters than management. Bonus structure has many caveats, if you miss one category, you may not be paid incentive. If you are not in a city where there is a large presence, there is little room for advancement, or other opportunities.

Bad manager, decent job

Universal Banker (Current Employee)
    Iowa City, IA

Prosgood training, large company, interesting culture

Conspoor management, bad pay, don't encourage individual ideas, incentives not good

Advice to Senior Managementrelax and let the employees do the work

US Bank is a wonderful company to work for but is notoriously conservative

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsUS Bank is a quality organization that supports the growth and development of its employee. It is a bank that has quality products that make themselves very easy to stand behind.

ConsRetail banking, by nature, is a very time consuming and frustrating line of business that often offers very little compensation or thanks for the job performed.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more employee engagement to those employees on the organization's front lines--i.e. tellers, bankers, etc. These jobs are too easy to burn out on.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, but nothing to make a career out of

Universal Banker (Former Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsLearn great lending practices for your future

ConsDo not do your own underwriting, so deals are lost due to centralized underwriting.

Great first bank gig

Teller (Former Employee)
    Council Bluffs, IA

ProsNot much experience is needed
    Awesome bank hours

ConsCoworkers were high on themselves

What a great company!

Teller (Current Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Prosroom to advance in career, motivated co-workers and managers, strong community banking bonds, great customer service.

Conspoor pay for responsibilities of tellers, minimal bonus'

Horrible

Teller (Current Employee)
    Waterloo, IA

ProsI get to network with professionals on a daily basis.

ConsManagers treat you like dirt. I've been told I was replaceable and that is just unacceptable and degrading. Everyone talks about each other behind their back and there is no workplace culture. This is the only job where I have cried multiple times because of my manager yelling at me over a simple mistake.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the managers that are running your branches. Maybe they are the reason so many people are unsatisfied!

US Bank is no shooting 5 stars

In-Store Banker (Current Employee)
    Dubuque, IA

ProsGreat benefits and opportunities to move within the company. Most employees are great to work with and have a willingness to learn the banking industry and help customers. US Bank does have a great training program for incoming employees not yet accustomed to the banking world or that are fresh out of college. There are plenty of opportunities to move within the company so if you are completely unhappy with your current position you have the opportunity to move. Not only positions but other branches. I started out at a branch and became very unhappy with my immediate management and moved to a similar position at another branch.

ConsVery poor hourly pay and sales bonuses are on a points system. Don't expect to make it big with US Bank or pile up the savings account working here. This bank pays so crappy it creates a terrible turnover rate for employees that are willing to learn then move on to a similar position with a competing bank for better pay. That creates an atmosphere with a lot of talent, unfortunately most employees at US Bank are far from seasoned. Most customers are going to need to speak with a manager if they want to talk with an employee with some history. US Bank has incredible amounts of fees for everything and it only seems to be getting worse. Before moving locations it almost got to the point where I was getting so accustomed to the customer complaints I had automatic responses.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee compensation and employees may put forth effort. You can't expect other banks in the same market to pay nearly $2 more per hour per position and have employees feel they are being treated well.

Overall, a solid bank to work for in this volatile environment.

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Davenport, IA

ProsIt is a large company that still believes in family first. They compensate well compared to other banks in the region. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for advancement. The company is always coming up with more innovative ways to serve the customer and make their banking easier and better for them. Although we have shareholders and are required to meet certain criteria, the customer's needs are always #1.

ConsThere are a number of different departments throughout the country that deal with different aspects of banking. Sometimes even an employee has to make a number of phone calls on behalf of a customer in order to get something corrected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making advancements in the way we provide services to our customers.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings in Iowa — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.