U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Reviews in Portland, OR

Updated Jul 14, 2014

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management)(in 79 reviews)

• The benefits are good and the work environment is geared to work/life balance for the most part(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance(in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place(in 45 reviews)

62 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Decent place to work, good people.

Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsMore stable than smaller banks I've worked for

ConsSeemed to use the economy as an excuse to reduce bonuses for credit folks who are working overtime to maintain the credit portfolio's integrity
    Very decentralized requiring phone meetings with seniors in multiple states

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your credit officers well when the economy is down (this is when you need good credit people)

Stable company, but no concern for employee satisfaction

Financial Sales Banker (Current Employee) Portland, OR

Pros-Decent benefits.
    -Decent technology, and customer focused delivery methods
    -bank holidays paid

Cons-Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place
    -Tend to fill open positions with outsiders, seem a person is more likely to be promoted by going else where and then returning to company
    -Constant decrease to commissions/incentives
    -Constant hype about great career opportunities, yet not there.
    -Employees treated like a replaceable item.
    -Pay for most positions through out the company is below industry average
    -rolling attendance policy for contact center staff, unfair
    -Outdated technology, and company is SUPER CHEAP

Advice to Senior ManagementSatisfying shareholders is important, but do not forget the employees and people through out the organization that deliver the revenue and results. Cutting salaries for hourly employees is bound to result in less qualified employees.

US Bank values their employees. They provide training and tools for sucess

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Portland, OR

Prosfair wages, good hours, friendly staff, full-service cafeteria, good benefits

ConsSometimes it doesn't matter how you say it, or how many tools you have been provided, some people don't want to hear what you have to say. Customers are in vulnerable positions while on the phone and can lash out at you personally and professionally. Its a little emotionally taxing at times. You just have to let it go.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to be able to move a career forward.

Account Specialist (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThere are various departments will can lend to finding what you enjoy doing for a career.

ConsI feel that pay grades should be higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees be their best, and utilize their strengths or ways to better improve within the company if you feel current position isn't working out.

Good company to work for, but poor pay

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsNice team to work with

ConsPoor pay, very conservative company, benefits are not very good

Great place to start or work on career development!

Software Tester (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsJob opportunities and networking was easily accessible.

ConsCompensation raises and the review process

Advice to Senior ManagementMost management that I worked for were always willing to help me grow as an individual, whether it was looking outside my job role or increasing my current job role knowledge.

I am very happy with my experience at U.S. Bank.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe people are nice, fair, and not too stressed out. I have had some great bosses, and many opportunities to participate in interesting projects.

ConsThere are some pockets of individuals who lean on policy as an excuse not to help customers, but not too many.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your people and technology. Pay is lagging and should be closer to market pay.

Overall awesome company to work for

Project Analyst II (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsPros: There are so many opportunities to advance for anyone willing to take advantage of things the company offers. There are leadership programs, online libraries/skill courses, mentor connect, tuition reimbursement, etc. The company is willing and eager to listen to employees and involve them in helping the company keep improving as a great place to work. Also, at least in my position, excellent work/life balance.

ConsThe only con I can really think of is the cost of benefits. I don't know how they compare to other companies but really I feel like I am forced to pay a lot of money out of pocket for very little return.

Good benefits, very demanding metrics

PersonalBanker, Call Center (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsBenefits, pay is competitive for work required

Consunrealistic metrics in call center

Advice to Senior Managementprovide a shift differential of different metrics for evening shift at call center

Employed for 19 years with a solid performance history and experience.

Leasing Associate (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsUS Bank has a great core value towards its employees and customers.

ConsAs with any company, there are some individuals who should never be put in positions of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some individuals who should never be put in positions of management. They should be held accountable at all times for things they do and say. Department managers should be evaluated every year by their employees in order to be able to voice their concerns and be heard without retaliation which was common in one of the Equipment Finance groups.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!