U.S. Bank Reviews

1,775 Reviews
U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis
1,175 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 99 reviews)

• The work environment is conducive to open communication and does not feel micro-managed (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 45 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 52 reviews)

1. Good.

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Management is Nice.

Cons

Not enough Employees lots of Temps - High Turn over

Hire your Temps after initial 6 month contract.

2. Up and Down

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Company President committed to employees, met awesome people, worked with some great managers. Huge on giving back to the community.

Cons

Management styles can make or break the department. Which is too bad, because the bank has a lot to offer.

Provide meaningful training that can actually be used day to day...... especially if your going to micro manage your staff.

3. U.S. Bank was a great learning experience. All of the managers are usually friendly, but you have to stay on quota.

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can advance quickly by surpassing the quotas.

Cons

If you don't surpass your quota, you could get on your district manager's bad side.

Do more coaching so your bankers are always closing deals.

5. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

US Bank is great at doing the right thing financially for our customers.

Cons

Since US Bank always stays above reproach it is harder to get loans approved

Productivity and Revenue goals need to be realistic based on branch and demographic

6. Good management. Takes control of anything they do. Don't put it on anyone else. Great possibilities for future there.

Current Employee - In Store Banker I in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - In Store Banker I in Boise, ID

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people. Lots of communication. Any problems? They will let you know. Not just let it slip by without helping you out.

Cons

Must be a hard worker. And you must want to work as much as possible. If you don't want a future in banking? Don't work here.

Management treats everyone right. Possibly a tougher hr. Took 3 months to rid a negative worker. Other than that. All positive.

7. IRA Customer Service Associate

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great experience and opportunity for development

Cons

New department with lots of internal politics

Communicate with staff more

8. A company that attracts many talented people with a non biased lens toward performance

Former Employee - Senior Group Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Group Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance, self directed career growth

Cons

Technology prioritization is slow and arduous

Become more agile and less dependanr on matrix decisions

9. Advisor

Former Employee - Advisor
    Former Employee - Advisor

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great support from management and what you need to be successful. More then enough lead sources to produce revenue. Nice physical office and atmosphere.

Cons

That you do not really own your own business. The clients are the banks and not yours, so is all the income and relationships.

Make more of an ownership type of feeling. As independent you actually have something that is yours, a business that you can build.

10. Good for a bank

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with and compared to other banks, sales is not pushed down your throat as much.

Cons

We did not have enough staffing.

11. Encouraging, collaborative environment where home and work life balance is a priority.

Current Employee - Case Processor
    Current Employee - Case Processor

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

In every area I have worked with this company everyone has been friendly, encouraging and willing to help you succeed in your position. They place significant importance on home and work life balance, encouraging healthy habits and being a part of the community around you. I have always been encouraged to volunteer in the community, we constantly have fundraisers for different charitable organizations and it is an overall positive environment. Salary is competitive and there are so many opportunities for advancement in the path you are on or exploring new advancement opportunities in other areas of the company.

Cons

Any kind of customer service work can be difficult at times, however that is not necessarily the company that is at fault. As a teller overtime was discouraged so it could be stressful at times to make sure you stay at exactly 40 hours for the week. In other positions though overtime is encouraged as a normal part of the job. Learning is essential to the company which is a positive thing, every year you are required to take refresher courses in your areas of expertise, however there were never really set times to do this work so you would have to find a way to fit it in with all of your other responsibilities but still manage to get all your work done and meet the deadline. If time was specifically set aside for those kinds of things it would have been really helpful.

I think having time set aside to finish learning requirements each year would be very helpful. Incentive programs can be helpful too but sometimes they don't always seem realistic, especially for the teller side of the company. I think there are a lot of opportunities for advancement in this company but sometimes it's hard to know exactly what those opportunities are. Maybe making a point of reaching out to employees on the lower end of the scale, such as tellers or customer service representatives, and encouraging them to shadow employees in different areas would be beneficial in helping us to understand our options for advancement.

U.S. Bank Photos