U.S. Bank

1,739 Reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis
1,158 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 99 reviews)

• The work environment is conducive to open communication and does not feel micro-managed (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 45 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 52 reviews)

More Highlights

Toxic culture

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Sales bonuses, trips, some colleagues

Cons

Shady management in hr and top tier

Ask both sides of the story before casting someone as the bad guy.

toxic culture. Star far far away! No work life balance.

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonuses. I can't even fill the 20 word minimum because there were hardly any pros.

Cons

Terrible awful culture. Toxic management looking for reasons not to promote.

Look into why your people have left. Look into your hr person.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros

U.S. Bank's core values align with my personal values. I am supported and encouraged to develop at my own pace. Depending on the position that you have- this company is progressive in it's policies on remote and flexible work options.

Cons

Salaries are low, but the trade off is work-life balance and an inclusive, fair and positive culture.

So far it's been great

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the bank for about 7 months now and so far everything has been great. What you do at this position is helping corporate and government customers with their credit card questions, inquiries and other questions that they might have. I'm not sure if I have just been lucky but the managers that I have are really great. They are there for any questions that I may have and are always willing to help, talk to you and find out the answer if they don't know it. Benefits are good in my opinion. I got a bonus and a raise after my sixth month, I thought that was great. Also when I started I had to work every other weekend, but after five months that changed and now my schedule is M-F 8:30-5:00 which is awesome.

Cons

After some time the job can get boring. Don't get too comfy in your cube cause you might have to change it multiple times.

Give more access to the internet to the customer service people, it can get really boring on a slow days. At least to news websites.

After almost 10 years of loyal service I still love helping our clients and helping employees grow their careers.

Current Employee - Branch Manager IV in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager IV in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people I work with are my extended family. The employees and customers are what what makes it a great place to work.

Cons

Upper management does not have a clue about branch life. They are to far removed. The branches are under staffed for the type of business they want to run. The intentions are good, just not well planned.

Get in the branches and work as a teller, banker, Manager for a week once a year to keep you humble to what your employees go through on a daily basis. This may change the way we look at the bottom line.

Very high ethical standards for a bank which is nice to be a part of.

Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great management, opportunities for cash bonuses based on referrals, management really focuses on employee development and feels like you are really being supported and looked out for, hire within first so its nice that employees looking to advance have a better chance, best banking package given to employees

Cons

somewhat archaic way of doing things, operations is a pain in the butt and they really focus in on making sure you are doing everything procedurally correct and its a big issue if your not, audit season is a headache and huge stress factor, customer service is rated and can be a pain in the butt because of the all or nothing mentality of scoring, referrals get annoying, can be high stress due to nature of customer service industries, hard to get a promotion or raise it seems

I would advise upper management to focus on not only recognizing but REWARDING employees for their hard work; banking is a tough and demanding (mentally and emotionally) job; good employees don't get enough credit and compensation for that. Also, the bank brand is weak.

Operations Experience - 6 years

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Always Plenty of work to do, good 401K match, solid company

Cons

Poor recognition, work overload, poor advancement, friends help friends and that is all. Job postings posted even though they already know who was getting the job in house, sexist managers - hate men, unorganized

Treat employees like adults, not children
    Increase middle men...poor efficiency
    Poor hiring, high turnover

Bank Teller

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at U.S. Bank part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, excellent way of training and really cares about their employees

Cons

Focuses too much on sales

Teller

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great employee incentives with room for growth.

Cons

Do not offer training programs for advancement.

Love working for U.S. Bank.

Current Employee - Workforce Management Analyst in Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Current Employee - Workforce Management Analyst in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great personal/professional development programs. Great people, good pay, awesome vacation allowance.

Cons

Not enough advancement opportunities to grow your career.

Be up front and truthful with your employee's. Keep them in the loop with important changes. Help them learn what advancement opportunities are available to them.

U.S. Bank Photos