U.S. Bank Reviews

3.3
1,407 Reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 80 reviews)

• There are lots of opportunities for advancement and lateral career changes (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Compliance Rep

Former Employee - Compliance Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Compliance Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent workload, co workers were nice

Cons

tight deadlines, lots of stress

bib

"It's Ok"

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

home by 6 everyday. great people to work with

Cons

Like any job there are always pros and cons.

Branch Manager III

Former Employee - Branch Manager III  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Branch Manager III in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, poor executive management. Great company potential, but obscured by senior management leadership.

Cons

Poor senior management expertise with lack of interpersonal employee relations. Inclined to dictate performance without recognition. Sales performance often overlooked when promotion opportunities become available.

Senior Management must look at their compensation and bonus structure PRIOR to adjusting (reducing) the producers salaries and branch employees incentive plan.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible!

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR  in  Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The price of the health insurance was good. Department manager was great. Recognition for good work.

Cons

Although the insurance was "cheap", the pay was bad so the chunk of money it took out of every check made it that much harder to get by with basic living expenses. This company doesn't treat you like a person, they treat you like a number, a peon, like you are disposable. The work was awful. Taking calls with no breathing room in between, not even a second to take a sip of water. Every second you were not on a call went against you and God forbid you needed to use the bathroom. You needed to be a robot. Terrible place. They made me feel like a child. The training was long and it didn't cover a lot of what you encountered with callers everyday and the expectations were completely unrealistic.

For the BS the people on the phone have to put up with, missing important family events, etc.. they deserve to be better compensated. US Bank wants their employees to give 110% but US Bank only wants to give back a fraction of that. Look at employees as actual PEOPLE, not robots.

Ethics are Unimportant.

Former Employee - Accountant
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only pro I would give is the number of jobs available to those inside the company. They like to hire within the company.

Cons

Their company rules only apply to non-managerial employees. Managers are allowed to tell employees to break those rules. Employees can be punished if they choose to follow company rules and disobey their managers. It's something of a "do what I say, not what I do" culture whenever management deals with employees.

I would advise that managers also be required to follow the Code of Ethics. I would recommend that having ideas outside of the norm be more accepted. I believe that management should be more willing to admit when they are wrong.

Branch manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at U.S. Bank for more than 5 years

Pros

Being in the home market with great exposure and easily recognizable company name

Cons

Pay scale for experienced employees. Too many hours expected to work. No work/life balance. No value placed on employees. We are told weekly that we must learn to play the game, and accept it because we are easily replaceable.

Value your employees that actually care and want to do well and help grow revenue instead of allowing the constant demoralizing culture. Pointing out in group meetings who have not hit goals is humiliating. Others do not know of challenges we work to overcome to open our doors everyday.

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager II  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Branch Manager II in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank for more than 8 years

Pros

Long term employee with investment in pension and retirement. Richard Davis is incredible role model.

Cons

Senior leaders need to absolutely define this role. A different priority every couple days not only confuses managers but also the teams they try to lead. It needs to be clear. Constant berating for not selling products to customers that do not need or want them in public forums continues to be humiliating for those trying to be responsible lenders. Come up with incentive plans that reward retail employees for doing the right things for the right reasons for the right customers. Reward them for service that does not always include a sale. Stop demoralizing us by telling our assistant managers that if their they don't see their BM's working at least 60 hours a week, we are not dedicated. Find a way to appreciate branch employees and make them want to stay working with company instead of us training them for another bank.

Senior leaders need to pay retail employees more base salary to be competitive since incentive is not achievable. I have had two offers of employment in the last month, from banks in community, both almost 35% more, including cheaper benefits with better coverage.

Bad experience and training.

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

National Bank with good benefits.

Cons

Training is horrible and some of the upper management have little or no experience.

Communicate with your employees.

Complacent environment, complete lack of management and leadership

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job security would be the only pro...as long as you're okay with complacency and zero prospects for career growth.

Cons

Compensation is terrible and the benefits package may be one of the worst in corporate America; no prospects for advancement/growth/promotion; no leadership or clear vision by management; computer systems used are old, out-dated, and not remotely user friendly.

Attempt to recognize talent within the organization and improve leadership at the management level; take some risks - this is one of the most risk averse companies in the financial sector.

Go Somewhere Else.....

Current Employee - Universal Banker  in  Cameron Park, CA
    Current Employee - Universal Banker in Cameron Park, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many pros to this job

Cons

Long Hours, Racism, No room for personal growth, No work-life balance, Bad Pay, Horrible benefits

Management needs more improvemant

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!