U.S. Bank Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
1778 reviews filtered by

1. Great company with great power.

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Very professional and compliant bank with opportunities to grow within company.

Cons

Big company causing delays in actions that are very necessary.

Better connection with younger generations and realizing how the world is and going to work not how it had worked in the past.

Great place to work, but the pay is aweful!

Current Employee - Teller I in Madisonville, KY
    Current Employee - Teller I in Madisonville, KY

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees were great to work with, and management was mindful of growth and answering any questions or fixing any problems that may arise.

Cons

The pay is horrible, did I say that already.......they don't pay enough!

Pay more to the people who run your banks, and do ALOT of the legwork!

toxic culture. Star far far away! No work life balance.

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonuses. I can't even fill the 20 word minimum because there were hardly any pros.

Cons

Terrible awful culture. Toxic management looking for reasons not to promote.

Look into why your people have left. Look into your hr person.

5. Nothing too bad to say

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Good work environment, fun people, great attitudes

Cons

growth highly limited, some favortism

check the politics art the door

If you always wanted to be a robot...in a sweat shop..

Former Employee - Vice President in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

National bank, wide product range, very financially stable.

Cons

Upper mngt does not trust those beneath them even if they are competent and experienced. All decisions are top down. It is as if they want to train people not to think.

The excellent credit porolio is great but it could be achieved by the many intelligent, capable lenders without absolutely every little thing having to be decided or approved by those way removed. Evaluate the groups on the credit quality and profitability rather than strangling talented people by over control of minute decisions. Expectations about people influence the performance. Treat them like you know they are good at their jobs and as if you trust them to do a good job. Having to get approval for every nickel change or inconsequential covenant change I'd not necessary. If they do not perform, then fire them. But do not assume, or treat corporate lenders as if they are unintelligent and incapable and then expect them to represent themselves and USB to corporate customers in the best way. With a lending relationship that is somewhat involved, the customer is bound to become aware that upper mngt does not relinquish any control, i.e. they don't trust or value the relationship manager. As a customer, that would be very unattractive to me. A lot of talent is wasted because of excessive control and distrust from the top down.

7. US Bank Review

Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Less pressure on sales than Wells Fargo or Bank of America

Cons

Outdated computer systems, poor lead lists

8. A great start to a career in finance

Current Employee - In Store Personal Banker II
    Current Employee - In Store Personal Banker II

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Culture: The culture is generally phenomenal. My peers are, in large part, a group of people who are just as competitive as they are kind. Great care seems to have gone into those who are selected for employment with U.S. Bank, which I appreciate.

- Motivation: I have been earnestly motivated by U.S. Bank. I love being able to see where I stand in comparison to my fellow peers. It allows me to see what my efforts have earned me concerning accumulated points, and pushes me to greater personal achievement.

- Initial Training: The training I received in the beginning of my employment was meaningful and lasting. Having come in with no prior banking experience, I felt competent at a very complex job by my third month.

Cons

- Coaching: Coaching is encouraged but not always meaningful. Insight is difficult to impart, so those who are entrusted with this task should employ two important qualities. They should have led by example in order to earn their position (which U.S. Bank generally ensures from upper management), and should also be good teachers who are able to impart their successes onto others.

- Unstructured Promotions: It has been suggested by many of my peers that promotions don't always make sense. Some are well deserved, and take a long time to go through, others are less than deserved and go through fairly quickly.

- Behind the times: U.S. Bank has a lot of things going right, but there are some problems which can make day to day tasks more difficult.

- Awards: Given slowly or not at all. Recognition is sometimes difficult to come by. Morale is sometimes low because of this.

- Conservative: U.S. Bank has a great reputation for giving away very few loans or other credit products. Generally this method works very well, but sometimes it's too stringent. At times, customers walk away from great products mid process. Other times, turn down reasons don't always make sense.

9. This company had you wearing several hats for 1 position.

Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Benefits are good, only the medical insurance is a bit high

Cons

Management didn'tcareabouttheemployees and they have poor communication

Need to listen to your employees more and not just say you will.

10. US Bank CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, they attempted to make a good place to work,

Cons

constantly changing, management only cares about sales, they say its about Customer service but its not its all about sales.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros

U.S. Bank's core values align with my personal values. I am supported and encouraged to develop at my own pace. Depending on the position that you have- this company is progressive in it's policies on remote and flexible work options.

Cons

Salaries are low, but the trade off is work-life balance and an inclusive, fair and positive culture.

U.S. Bank Photos