U.S. Bank

1,572 Reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis
Richard K. Davis
1,088 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 99 reviews)

• The work environment is conducive to open communication and does not feel micro-managed (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 45 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 52 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Employer, benefits

Current Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They really care about employees. Great CEO.

Cons

Lots of red tape and too conservative sometimes.

more internal promotions

decent entry level job if you want to pursue banking....

Former Employee - Universal Banker in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Universal Banker in Mesa, AZ

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to move up,
    stability,
    very thorough training.
    401k, full benefits and time off is good
    Always room for improvement and coaching to make you more successful

Cons

Management is never on the same page, very high turnover
    Days in Phoenix az can be very slow as US bank is not very popular out here
    Extremely old teller systems
    Low compensation and incentives

upgrade systems

Great Place to Work. Great Culture and Benefits

Current Employee - Human Resources in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K match, Tuition Reimbursement, generous paid vacation and holidays. Pension plan offered, generous STD and LTD. Onsite Health Care for employees
    Some perks include discounts on services: Cell Phone, Car Rental, Hotel, etc.
    Work from home opportunity in many areas.

Cons

Salary can be a little low as you move with in the company but benefits are above and beyond. Career Growth opporutnites available but can be challenging.

Overall a positive working environment.

Current Employee - Teller I
    Current Employee - Teller I

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive working environment with a helping atmosphere. Customer interaction is usually positive.

Cons

Low compensation. Slow to hire and regularly short staffed. Building and facilities are in need of maintenance and update.

Make hiring decisions quicker and schedules completed sooner than the week before. Difficult to make weekend plans without knowing schedule in advance.

Technologically Lacking

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

- My job is great for my situation. (I'm a computer science major and I develop scripts and macros to automate mortgage servicing)
    - My work is mostly autonomous. No one watching me or looking over my shoulder everyday
    - People are friendly

Cons

- USBank is slacking in the technology dept.
    - Low Pay

Look into the software development world and use in house software to replace 1000s of salaries

Will Never Recommend anyone to work for this company!

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

I have no pros for working at US Bank!

Cons

There are to many cons to list!

Practice what you preach!

VP Northeast Region for Voyager

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Base was fair for all of the traveling.

Cons

They have no idea what they are doing. They rip you off on commissions and never give you any support or reports to track your progress. They also only give you 1 warning. Not very professional.

It takes way to long to get contracts to be approved and even longer for credit to be approved. The competition only takes 2 days to have any account approved and 3 days for contracts.

The management team you have right now handling Voyager don't understand fleet and they don't care about their sales team. One manager show no respect for his team an thinks they are all whiners and crybabies, plus he treats them like that.

I was mislead, lied to and had no support. One manager wanted us to go downsize in the fleet and if we did that we wouldn't even come close to our target numbers. He really know what he's doing.

In fact, if we were in the Army, in war time the manager I had would be the 1st Lt. who would be shot in his back by his own men because they knew he didn't know what he's doing and by shooting him in the back it would get him out of the way so their lives would be saved.

Prospect's in the northeast thought Voyager when out of business because there hadn't had anyone living in the northeast for almost 10 year. Prospects don't care that US Bank is the 5th largest bank. Their is no leasing relationship with 10 of the leading lessors & the people handling that relationship don't have a clue what they are doing.

The other bankers within US Bank would help you get into an account because there was no credit for them.

The management team within CPS doesn't live up to any of the core values that they push on you.

If US Bank were smart they would sell Voyager because US Bank hasn't been able to do anything with Voyager since 1999 and your letting a great platform die by not showing any interest.

Total Trainwreck

Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing in Owensboro, KY
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No pros to working here, it's terrible.

Cons

Cheap company, very disorganized, terrible management, no training,

Pay a livable wage

Wells Fargo without the pay, support, staffing, and bennefits

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Good reputation for a large bank
    -Pension
    -Annual Pinnacle

Cons

-Virtually no staffing
    -Poor salary and incentive plan
    -Book of Business
    -Health Bennefits are horrible
    -Support departments and branch partners are not held to the same standards as branches (I.e. Customer Experience, BOB, LAMP)
    -Training
    -Constant errors and "work arounds" because of changes that were planned poorly
    -Don't promote from within
    -No support from marketing and we were not even allowed to mail out flyers made by marketing without having to go through a lengthy, costly process through marketing.

1) Hold all partners and support departments to the same standard as the branches (Customer Experience and Lamp). Quit making excuses for underperforming departments like Direct Lending
    2) Stop cannibalizing branch FTE to start new positions (Small Business Specialists) who take credit for business brought in by the manager and banker
    3) The Book of Business should belong to the BBOs and Small Business Specialists. They should also be held to the same performance standards of LAMP and Customer Experience.
    4) Train and develop your own people instead of hiring people that couldn't make it at Wells Fargo. There "real" top performers get promoted and would never leave for less compensation.
    5) The Health Bennefits are too expensive for what you get which is basically just overpriced catastrophe insurance.
    6) No more "work arounds" for changes that don't go as planned. Hold people accountable for not thinking things through before the implementation of a change. Mistakes happen but not at the frequency they currently occur at and customers are less likely to be impacted.

Very Stable, Good Midwestern Culture

Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good. You never have to worry about the future of the company or the risk of losing your job. People are for the most part friendly and easy to work with - it's not cut throat. There are opportunities to move around to different groups if you're proactive in looking for them.

Cons

Many people have worked at the company for lots of years and sometimes aren't open to new ways of doing things. The conservative nature of the budget makes it hard to get new projects going even if they'd make the company better off in the long run. Bureaucracy can make things take forever!

Be open to new ideas, flexible work arrangements. Don't be afraid to spend money to get some important things done.

U.S. Bank Photos