U.S. Bank

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,364 reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 80 reviews)

• There are lots of opportunities for advancement and lateral career changes (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights
1,364 Employee Reviews

Great company

Personal Banker II (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood Incentive structure. Empowers personal bankers with excellent on the job training. Good number of campaigns in a year that builds team work and interaction with peers at other branches. Good balance between work and personal life. Hard work is very well recognized.

ConsSlow underwriting process. Visibility completely depends on how your branch manager projects you to the senior management.

Teller

Teller II (Current Employee) Vista, CA

ProsFlexible hours, competitive pay, and a great learning opportunity in the finance industry.

ConsDifficult to move up within the company and you can only move up with certain guidelines the managers set up for you.

Teller

Teller II (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat training and opportunities for career growth.

ConsThe overall compensation is low vs. job requirements.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great leadership & fantastic culture

ProsSenior management believes that happy, dedicated, loyal employees will deliver outstanding customer service and as a result, shareholders will be rewarded. And the results indicate that they're right. A great place to work.

ConsNeed to invest more in technology. Need to better publicize the tremendous wealth management capabilities within Ascent Private Capital Management and The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank. We're really good at wealth management, but many people don't realize it.

Rewarding company for top performers

ProsGreat company that value employees hard work and performance. They are growing fast and sooner will be one of the top bank in the county. They are already on top when it comes to commercial banking and treasury management services.

ConsLess branches as compare to competitors..................

Just a job

Deposit Processor (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe incentive pay was good....Mgmt was very nice and understanding.

ConsSome of the co workers were horrible, immature,INSECURE women who tried to cause problems for others. The same people employed in the same monotonous position for years. No room for advancement.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more observant of how your employees interact w/one another.this will help weed out the bad apples that ruin the whole bunch.Know that work place harassment is prevalent.

Great company overall, but know your local management.

Teller Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThere are amazing resources available to employees. The bank genuinely cares about its employees and their communities. Development, education and involvement is part of the corporate culture. Some divisions have faster growth than others, but experience counts. There is plenty of movement across divisions. If you don't grow here, it's because you're actively trying not to.

ConsWork/life balance is going to be difficult in any customer-facing position. That's just the nature of the beast. There are also places in the bank where management doesn't know what their subordinates positions actually entail. This makes it difficult to do some jobs while servicing customers and dealing with increasing regulations. Be very aware of what you're getting into before you say yes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLow-level management needs more support. It's a thin, dangerous line that most Customer Service Managers, Teller Coordinators and Operations Specialists have to walk. Listen to them! These are your front line people, the ones in the trenches every day. Cross-training should be required for all members of management.

Horrible!

SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsThe price of the health insurance was good. Department manager was great. Recognition for good work.

ConsAlthough the insurance was "cheap", the pay was bad so the chunk of money it took out of every check made it that much harder to get by with basic living expenses. This company doesn't treat you like a person, they treat you like a number, a peon, like you are disposable. The work was awful. Taking calls with no breathing room in between, not even a second to take a sip of water. Every second you were not on a call went against you and God forbid you needed to use the bathroom. You needed to be a robot. Terrible place. They made me feel like a child. The training was long and it didn't cover a lot of what you encountered with callers everyday and the expectations were completely unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the BS the people on the phone have to put up with, missing important family events, etc.. they deserve to be better compensated. US Bank wants their employees to give 110% but US Bank only wants to give back a fraction of that. Look at employees as actual PEOPLE, not robots.

Ethics are Unimportant.

Accountant (Former Employee)

ProsThe only pro I would give is the number of jobs available to those inside the company. They like to hire within the company.

ConsTheir company rules only apply to non-managerial employees. Managers are allowed to tell employees to break those rules. Employees can be punished if they choose to follow company rules and disobey their managers. It's something of a "do what I say, not what I do" culture whenever management deals with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise that managers also be required to follow the Code of Ethics. I would recommend that having ideas outside of the norm be more accepted. I believe that management should be more willing to admit when they are wrong.

Branch manager

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBeing in the home market with great exposure and easily recognizable company name

ConsPay scale for experienced employees. Too many hours expected to work. No work/life balance. No value placed on employees. We are told weekly that we must learn to play the game, and accept it because we are easily replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees that actually care and want to do well and help grow revenue instead of allowing the constant demoralizing culture. Pointing out in group meetings who have not hit goals is humiliating. Others do not know of challenges we work to overcome to open our doors everyday.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!