U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Reviews in Seattle, WA

Updated May 13, 2014

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management)(in 79 reviews)

• The benefits are good and the work environment is geared to work/life balance for the most part(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance(in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place(in 45 reviews)

40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company striving to be great!

Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) Mukilteo, WA

ProsGood camaraderie with the team I was on.

ConsNot enough opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more training

US Bank is a great company to work for and I look forward to many years working here.

Credit Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe company is very conservative and there is very little worry of layoffs that do occur at many of our other large competitors. Job security is great, and the people are generally easy to work with and will to help.

ConsThe internal processes/systems used are outdated and the company has not indicated that they are working to improve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the training processes. Given the con noted above that the systems are outdated, it would be beneficial to have a better training systems for new hires.

Great Philosophy, Poor Execution

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCulture of Customer Service, very traditional bank. Friendly Branch employees. Many different business lines outside of traditional branch banking in which to pursue career aspirations.

Conshorribly outdated systems, conservative lending policies, substandard health benefits, rigid and inflexible, unwilling to change and adapt, behind the times. Middle management is more focused on buzzwords and conference calls than development and results.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair. Did not end on a positive note, although I can see how it is a good company

Teller (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsA lot of room for growth
    Good incentive program

ConsVaries from branch to branch
    If operations are not under control it can be a chaotic atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementSet employees up for success by managing operations and day to day training

Good company with a lot of perks.

Personal Banker II (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThey are one of the few companies that still has a pension plan.

ConsThere is a lot of pressure as a personal banker to make sales, but that is pretty typical of any big bank.

Great place to work at!

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) Mukilteo, WA

ProsA place that truly cares about its customers and employees. Offers long term employment with constant opportunities to progress and move up- a lot of internal promotions, coaching and certifications. Place that is putting time into coaching employees to get them to their dream goal. Very pleasant environment to work at.

ConsHard work, long hours for salary employees and a lot of multi-tasking (doing job of many other job families). Low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up motivating your employees and putting your time and effort into their progress and future. Never stop on providing great customer service like we have now.

Single Handedly Worst Job I Have Ever Had

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsUnfortunately, I could not come up with a single "pro" to working at U.S. Bank.

ConsThe downtown Seattle district is continuously and severely understaffed due to poor management that goes all the way up the District Level Management. This particular district has the worst reputation in the company due to its poor treatment of staff and constant push for unrealistic sales and customer service scores. The Senior Leadership fails to realize that the reason the customer service scores are so poor is because the total lack of skilled staff. The Senior Leadership is never to be found unless they get pressure put on them for their branches having poor customer service scores then all of a sudden they are at your branch every day or you have to be on three conference calls with them throughout the day.

This district expects you to do the work of three people and if you so much as complain once, you are no longer in their good graces.

The Operation Specialists are a total joke. Their whole job is to help branches with operations yet they are appalled any time you contact them for assistance. One particular Ops Specialist is so rude and nasty that several associates have quit because of her disparaging treatment of them. But because she has been with the organization for over 12 years, so much of a mention of her poor performance to superiors and you are on a blacklist.

This district controls their staff with threats and intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore Management can expect strong customer service, they must first properly staff their branches with the appropriate people to handle the job. The whole Gallup experience in theory is a wonderful idea but it is just that, a great idea. The Senior Leadership can hardly provide an explanation themselves on how to achieve superior customer service other than to berate and belittle staff when they do not get the "top box" scores consistently.

Positive Work Culture & Learning Opportunities

Universal Banker (Current Employee) Renton, WA

ProsCompany genuinely cares about the employees and tries to find ways to help them grow/get promoted. Us Bank offers a lot of career-learning resources for employees to build management skills. They are willing to teach you if you don't know the business.

ConsManagement can be blind to your current work load. There are also communication issues between management. One manager will tell you to walk right and the other will say left.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent and empathetic to your employees. This will help your employees walk forward not sideways. Never tell your employees that you don't know how to 'do' something. It looks bad if your employees have more banker/operation knowledge than you.

Company lacks clear direction and leadership.

Mortgage-lending (Former Employee) Kent, WA

ProsThe job was lose to home

ConsIt was a terrible work place

Roller coaster

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsOpportunity to move up fast

ConsLack of training, each district feels like a different company

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training and support less politics

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!