U.S. Cellular Reviews in Des Moines, IA

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014

3.2

Kenneth R. Meyers

Pros
  • It also depends on your own manager if there is any sort of understanding for a work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Employees have great benefits even if you are part time (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is difficult in retail stores, especially with somewhat high turnover (in 34 reviews)

• The new billing system has caused a conflict in so many areas it is really sad (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

review

Current Employee - RF Engineer  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular part-time for less than a year

Pros

culture, work environment,salary,benefit, working time

Cons

every work is a new challenge

its perfect

Was great at first, then everything changed.

Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant  in  Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you were in a secluded area that your ASM doesn't get to often, the culture is great. You can have great managers who shield you from what's really going on. The pay is excellent and the benefits are great. They really reward high performers. They have a dynamic organizational model and used to actually believe in it.

Cons

They don't listen to employees when they scream for help. If you're in a hostile environment, HR will tell you that you're making up stories in your head. If you are working too much and getting burnt out, they don't care. Also, they fire people for no reason. I was not fired, but I saw many people go for things that were completely unexplained. "Your work is no longer needed here" is wrongful termination. From everyone you've fired in the Des Moines area, I can't believe you don't have a law suit on your hands. You can't just fire people because they make more than what you could pay some shmuck. They bring in management from T-Mobile that believes in winning and winning alone, even if it requires you to be unethical. USC used to care about it's customers, now they only care about money. Terrible hostility from management and too much pressure to do more than humanly possible.

Listen to your employees. Everyone deserves to have a voice, and you can't write of harassment and hostile work environment as fictional. DO NOT LET MANAGERS BE BEST BUDS WITH HR. That is a disaster! You need to get back to the DD and truly believe in it. You are letting your best people walk away from you after you give them all the tools and apply themselves at a company that cares about them. You have so much potential that you are wasting away for cheap labor.

terrible

Current Employee - Aasm  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Aasm in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the culture was what attracted me

Cons

the environment is what drove me away

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Backstabbing crooks only concerned about the bottom line

Former Employee - Service Technician  in  Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Des Moines, IA

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Looking back there is only one pro to working there: The people I worked with "in the trenches" were some of the best people I have ever met.

Cons

NO work/life balance, poor merit increases even though you get an exceeds expectations review. Are more concerned with getting rid of the employees who have been there for awhile and replacing them with part time employees who get lower wages and less benefits

get a clue, you will end up getting sued for wrongful dismissal eventually if this continues

Always changing, though I feel it's negatively it may just be my pessimism

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, easy job, OT not required, vacation/sick/personal time provided.

Cons

Almost required to participate in sales. Upper management seems too money driven and less employee satisfaction driven

Remember one of the core selling points of becoming an associate of USCC, WORK/LIFE BALANCE. It's almost non existent and it's only getting worse.

Great learning opportunities & growth as a leader

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Care about customers, our network, company cares about the associates, we do the right things for our customers. Our Benefit package, vacation time, work life balance

Cons

can work a lot of weekends if short staffed but overall, very happy

FRONTLINE has so much to deal with. GREAT IDEAS, OVerall great company!

Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Pros

Great pay, 43,500 last year and great benefits. co pays are nothing. Every doc visit is 10-15 and hospital visits are 100. Management is awesome.

Cons

people lose their jobs over MISTAKEs. lost some great people. US Cellular's loss

Their has to be a happy median with fire people. Not everyone that gets fired had to be fired. the zero tolerance is hard on us emotional!!!! We can't handle it and it hurts the morale bad.

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!