U.S. Cellular

www.uscellular.com

U.S. Cellular Reviews in Des Moines, IA

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Kenneth R. Meyers

Pros
  • It also depends on your own manager if there is any sort of understanding for a work/life balance(in 43 reviews)

• Employees have great benefits even if you are part time(in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is difficult in retail stores, especially with somewhat high turnover(in 34 reviews)

• The new billing system has caused a conflict in so many areas it is really sad(in 15 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Was great at first, then everything changed.

Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsIf you were in a secluded area that your ASM doesn't get to often, the culture is great. You can have great managers who shield you from what's really going on. The pay is excellent and the benefits are great. They really reward high performers. They have a dynamic organizational model and used to actually believe in it.

ConsThey don't listen to employees when they scream for help. If you're in a hostile environment, HR will tell you that you're making up stories in your head. If you are working too much and getting burnt out, they don't care. Also, they fire people for no reason. I was not fired, but I saw many people go for things that were completely unexplained. "Your work is no longer needed here" is wrongful termination. From everyone you've fired in the Des Moines area, I can't believe you don't have a law suit on your hands. You can't just fire people because they make more than what you could pay some shmuck. They bring in management from T-Mobile that believes in winning and winning alone, even if it requires you to be unethical. USC used to care about it's customers, now they only care about money. Terrible hostility from management and too much pressure to do more than humanly possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Everyone deserves to have a voice, and you can't write of harassment and hostile work environment as fictional. DO NOT LET MANAGERS BE BEST BUDS WITH HR. That is a disaster! You need to get back to the DD and truly believe in it. You are letting your best people walk away from you after you give them all the tools and apply themselves at a company that cares about them. You have so much potential that you are wasting away for cheap labor.

terrible

Aasm (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

Prosthe culture was what attracted me

Consthe environment is what drove me away

Backstabbing crooks only concerned about the bottom line

Service Technician (Former Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsLooking back there is only one pro to working there: The people I worked with "in the trenches" were some of the best people I have ever met.

ConsNO work/life balance, poor merit increases even though you get an exceeds expectations review. Are more concerned with getting rid of the employees who have been there for awhile and replacing them with part time employees who get lower wages and less benefits

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue, you will end up getting sued for wrongful dismissal eventually if this continues

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always changing, though I feel it's negatively it may just be my pessimism

Service Technician (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsGood pay, easy job, OT not required, vacation/sick/personal time provided.

ConsAlmost required to participate in sales. Upper management seems too money driven and less employee satisfaction driven

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember one of the core selling points of becoming an associate of USCC, WORK/LIFE BALANCE. It's almost non existent and it's only getting worse.

Great learning opportunities & growth as a leader

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsCare about customers, our network, company cares about the associates, we do the right things for our customers. Our Benefit package, vacation time, work life balance

Conscan work a lot of weekends if short staffed but overall, very happy

FRONTLINE has so much to deal with. GREAT IDEAS, OVerall great company!

Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsGreat pay, 43,500 last year and great benefits. co pays are nothing. Every doc visit is 10-15 and hospital visits are 100. Management is awesome.

Conspeople lose their jobs over MISTAKEs. lost some great people. US Cellular's loss

Advice to Senior ManagementTheir has to be a happy median with fire people. Not everyone that gets fired had to be fired. the zero tolerance is hard on us emotional!!!! We can't handle it and it hurts the morale bad.

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!