U.S. Cellular

Kenneth R. Meyers

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

positive

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

Prosgreat training, helpful managers, room to grow, positive work environment

ConsI think that its either their way or the highway

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that if they were able to get better equipment, sales would go a long way

Customers and Employee are not happy with recent changes to the company

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at U.S. Cellular part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood Pay, Not too pushy leaders (some locations will have bad leaders), Health Benefits are great (full-time and part-time) and 401k Options

ConsThis was a good company when I first started five years ago. Now with recent changes for cut backs - we had a program that would pay for your schooling but they have cut the amounts that are given. We had a program that would allow for your to purchase a computer and have it deducted out of your paycheck. I was really upset when I switched positions from Service Tech to Sales years of service - my hourly pay was lower to as if I started working for the company for the first time. I have seen good employees let go, while other employees that practice bad ethics and micro manager their employee moved up in the company. Changes that have been made in place to effect customers have made the customers unhappy with us. So much training over the last two years have ruined our allowance for vacations requests. Stupid practices like PBS (personal, business and security) sales approaches have turned off both customers and employees from actually doing a good sale. The belief Program 'no contract' idea was another wasted effort among the company.

Great place

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at U.S. Cellular

ProsGood people an great principle values to company. Adequate vacation. Good benefits. Good initial training in sales. Challenging industry. Compared to most employers, they ( upper leadership)care deeply for the company's employees.

ConsAs all senior leadership is aware, comp....but its getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are awesome. Point blank. Just know that we are all here to live the do and deliver the ice

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Cellular Videos

U.S. Cellular – Why Work for Us?

With over five million customers in 26 states, U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless service carriers in the nation. We owe every bit of success to our associates—people with a real passion for their work who are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Cellular reviews and ratings in Milwaukee, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U.S. Cellular CEO Kenneth R. Meyers. All reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Cellular employees.