U.S. Cellular Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

3.2

Kenneth R. Meyers

Pros
  • It also depends on your own manager if there is any sort of understanding for a work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Employees have great benefits even if you are part time (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is difficult in retail stores, especially with somewhat high turnover (in 34 reviews)

• The new billing system has caused a conflict in so many areas it is really sad (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

I STILL consider this one of the best Corp. cultures I have worked in.

Former Employee - Resolutions Specialist  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Resolutions Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, fast paced but still fun. I got recognition and a decent promotion after a year as a call rep. MOST of the coaches were awesome. I had always been personable and good in any service job but they invest in their peeps and you improve and get the recognition you deserve. I had great trainers also. I kinda miss them sometimes! My work life balance was never any problem in the call center in Tulsa. The Corp events are awesome too.

Cons

I experienced a case of REVERSE discrimination from my Sup. and the upper bosses were too intimidated to address it. The CEO takes open door policy VERY seriously and walks his talk but you know, once you make that wave there's no going back with managers. I was treated by middle management like I was the problem for speaking up. If it wasn't for such a drastic situation I still feel I would be there. I was very happy before that. No idea what it's like since Jay & Jack retired but THEY ROCKED

I have been gone long enough that I have no comment. I imagine the comments from workers has changed since the changing of the guard. I'd look for commonalities and disparities after 2009/2010. The top 2 had our undying loyalty every day all day. Emulate them.

U.S. Cellular give me the opportunity to grow and achieve my goals

Former Employee - Payment Control Analyst  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Payment Control Analyst in Madison, WI

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

U.S. Cellular is a fun and challenging company to work for. Giving you the opportunity go excel and move up in the company. Monthly and annual bonus are a gift from the company to show profit and customer satisfaction.

Cons

Any challenges are the ones you create for yourself. U.S. Cellular gives you the opportunity to achieve these challenges by offering online training courses, coaching and job shadowing with other departments to better understand every ones job functions.

Your work-life schedule is awesome for employees that have children. Keep sharing the company benefits like your 401K and health and dental.

Great company culture

Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant  in  Onalaska, WI
    Former Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Onalaska, WI

I worked at U.S. Cellular part-time for more than a year

Pros

This company compensated me well while I was there. I worked as a Retail Wireless Consultant from 2009 through 2011. I loved working there, management was typical but they always backed up their RWCs and cashiers which was great. I had freedom to make the right choices for my customers.

Cons

It's retail and you deal with the general public, so theres that. But otherwise there was the cold-calling customers to check up on them, but really you were just trying to get them in the store to renew their contracts.

Keep giving freedom to your RWCs to make the right decisions. Continue to improve company culture by motivating employees with good compensation and benefits as well as a supportive work environment. Encourage personal growth.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, really cares about their employees and customers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than a year

Pros

US Cellular offers a great work environment, knowledgable and willing training and support staff. Excellent incentives and insurance really make working in a call center more bearable, and there's always something fun going on around the center.

Cons

At the end of the day, it's still a call center. You speak with customer's who will likely never talk to you again, and that gives them the bravery to say whatever they want to you. Generally they're nice, but you always live with the fear of getting the one that isn't. Also, the work gets monotonous, fast.

Remember that your employees are human. They have lives outside of work, and sometimes that effects their consistency.

review

Current Employee - RF Engineer  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at U.S. Cellular part-time for less than a year

Pros

culture, work environment,salary,benefit, working time

Cons

every work is a new challenge

its perfect

Small company mentality in a Fortune 500 company

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time

Pros

Everyone is fighting to make this company beat the big guys.

Cons

When you're smaller than your competitors you run lean. Sometimes we're working harder with less to get ahead.

Retail

Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant  in  Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Wireless Consultant in Wilson, NC

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provides adequate training and a positive culture.

Cons

Retail is not consistent at times.

Former Social Media Rep/Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Social Media Representative  in  Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Social Media Representative in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They encourage growth and opportunity, and you can move up quickly, also great benefits and lots of perks! I made a lot of lifetime friends there, and because I started working so young (21) I grew a lot as a person. They really care about development!

Cons

I helped build the social media department from the ground up and when it came time to get hired on permanently and a pay increase, it was NOT what the work was worth or what was expected. Also, the call center environment was kind of crazy dramatic, and the schedules were terrible I worked nights for over a year. Makes work life balance tough.

RWC

Current Employee - RWC
    Current Employee - RWC

I have been working at U.S. Cellular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, more honest than most companies its size

Cons

strict quota's, poor work life balance, disconnect between upper management and front line employees.

spend more time in stores and listen to associates

Not a great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Knoxville, TN

I worked at U.S. Cellular full-time

Pros

They have a café and there in no call time to meet.

Cons

There is a great deal of backstabbing and the supervisors really have no clue how to supervise.

Train your supervisors better or you will lose good employees. I voluntarily quit rather than deal with it anymore keeping in mind I got a free phone and the pay was not all that bad.

Worked for U.S. Cellular? Contribute to the Community!