U.S. Healthworks

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
2.8

Daniel D. Crowley

I had a wonderful seven years there, and made lasting friendships.

Former Employee - Front Office Lead in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Front Office Lead in Tukwila, WA

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location was good, the staff was excellent and knowledgeable, friendly and professional staff, respectful of patients and staff. Ongoing training easy to understand.

Cons

Biggest challenges would be the hours you work and having to work weekends.

If you work hard and share your opinion on what can be done to improve customer service and working with patients you always have a chance for advancement.

Worst experience of my career and sorry this is on my resume.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

To learn what not to do...

Cons

Management does not care about it's employees. They use you in order to advance themselves. Quality of care is poor. Customer service is poor. There is no accountability at any level of upper management. Everything is blamed on front line managers.

Fantastic place to learn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at U.S. Healthworks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone there was so nice and was always helpful.

Cons

There was often too little to do.

Better than expected

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and helps each other out. Workload is very consistent. It is nice to be able to treat patients without having to deal with scheduling, answering phones, marketing, billing, etc. Work week is Monday through Friday.

Cons

There are very limited career opportunities for providers. Merit increases barely keep pace with increases in cost of health insurance every year.

Don't even bother

Current Employee - Patient Registration in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Patient Registration in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fast paced- clinic very easy to catch on and learn occupational.

Cons

stay away from this clinic, no center manager... no one to talk to about any issue or question that you maybe ..figure it out yourself .... SUPER unorganized, no training for people that has no experience, Radiologist tech are NOT MA'S I thought you needed a certificate for this but apparently not in this clinic the will give you a simple training and if you do something wrong they make a drama about it

Care more for your employees.
    Create an action plan for training and have an actual trainer teach the new employee and not just throw them in to the incognito

Former employee

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist/Referal/Discharge in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist/Referal/Discharge in Greensboro, NC

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a learning experience. They don't mind moving you around to different daily jobs.

Cons

There is a large staffing problem. Most defiantly understaffed. Front office is trained to do both but the clinical side is not trained or expected to even answer the phones.

Do surprise visits to the clinics. Don't tell management that you are coming and just pop up to see how daily operations really work. Trust me you will be surprised. This is not a bad company. I did enjoy my stay I was highly skilled and grossly underpaid. I don't believe the employees at the Greensboro clinic are appreciated for what the do and are taken for granted. The staff is awesome. Complaints about them usually get handled but management go no further than the building. The management and Doctors need to be checked.

Great experience to work after college

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers, training, medical benefits, gaining experience in my field

Cons

Can't think of many, 30 minute lunch

Management doesn't listen to employees, even "lead"

Former Employee - Lead Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Lead Physical Therapist

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to lead a department, day to day autonomy and great relationships with the referring on site physicians.

Cons

Bottom line is always the focus by management, to the detriment of employees. Also due to the autonomy a clinic manager can wreak havoc without much oversight.

Listen to providers more. Forcing people into working situations that will not benefit the patient or employees is not good for long term stability and growth.

Great Experience

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks

Pros

The staff gives great patient care.

Cons

They don't hire female medical assistants where i externship.

A Healthcare Organization Designed to Take Care of the People at the Top

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks

Pros

Great clinical and multi-tasking experience. Many services available for those who qualify as patients. Opportunities for advancement if you kiss the right butts.

Cons

Republican operated company. Constructed on a "Trickle Down/Top Down" system. Operational employees are treated like cattle. The pay is embarrassing. The technology is virtually nonexistent. The employee benefits are better at McDonald's. The company focuses on fee-for-service and puts zero value on health outcomes. The annual pay increases are between $.30-$.50 which is just enough to put you into a higher tax bracket, much less provide more financial stability. The company has some logical goals with illogical and ill-planned implementation by people with little more than a high school diploma or GED. The organization's leaders forget this is a health care business. If you're 65 or older, or have Medicaid, don't come to USHW: you are too old and too poor to receive services.

Stop getting your business tips from Fox News and start taking care of your employees and patients. Only then will you ACTUALLY fulfill your promise of being a leader in today's health care.