U.S. Healthworks

Add Photos

Daniel D. Crowley

Fantastic place to learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsEveryone there was so nice and was always helpful.

ConsThere was often too little to do.

Better than expected

ProsEveryone is super friendly and helps each other out. Workload is very consistent. It is nice to be able to treat patients without having to deal with scheduling, answering phones, marketing, billing, etc. Work week is Monday through Friday.

ConsThere are very limited career opportunities for providers. Merit increases barely keep pace with increases in cost of health insurance every year.

Don't even bother

Patient Registration (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prosfast paced- clinic very easy to catch on and learn occupational.

Consstay away from this clinic, no center manager... no one to talk to about any issue or question that you maybe ..figure it out yourself .... SUPER unorganized, no training for people that has no experience, Radiologist tech are NOT MA'S I thought you needed a certificate for this but apparently not in this clinic the will give you a simple training and if you do something wrong they make a drama about it

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more for your employees.
    Create an action plan for training and have an actual trainer teach the new employee and not just throw them in to the incognito

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience to work after college

Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers, training, medical benefits, gaining experience in my field

ConsCan't think of many, 30 minute lunch

Management doesn't listen to employees, even "lead"

Lead Physical Therapist (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity to lead a department, day to day autonomy and great relationships with the referring on site physicians.

ConsBottom line is always the focus by management, to the detriment of employees. Also due to the autonomy a clinic manager can wreak havoc without much oversight.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to providers more. Forcing people into working situations that will not benefit the patient or employees is not good for long term stability and growth.

Great Experience

ProsThe staff gives great patient care.

ConsThey don't hire female medical assistants where i externship.

Former employee

Front Desk Receptionist/Referal/Discharge (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsIt is a learning experience. They don't mind moving you around to different daily jobs.

ConsThere is a large staffing problem. Most defiantly understaffed. Front office is trained to do both but the clinical side is not trained or expected to even answer the phones.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo surprise visits to the clinics. Don't tell management that you are coming and just pop up to see how daily operations really work. Trust me you will be surprised. This is not a bad company. I did enjoy my stay I was highly skilled and grossly underpaid. I don't believe the employees at the Greensboro clinic are appreciated for what the do and are taken for granted. The staff is awesome. Complaints about them usually get handled but management go no further than the building. The management and Doctors need to be checked.

A Healthcare Organization Designed to Take Care of the People at the Top

ProsGreat clinical and multi-tasking experience. Many services available for those who qualify as patients. Opportunities for advancement if you kiss the right butts.

ConsRepublican operated company. Constructed on a "Trickle Down/Top Down" system. Operational employees are treated like cattle. The pay is embarrassing. The technology is virtually nonexistent. The employee benefits are better at McDonald's. The company focuses on fee-for-service and puts zero value on health outcomes. The annual pay increases are between $.30-$.50 which is just enough to put you into a higher tax bracket, much less provide more financial stability. The company has some logical goals with illogical and ill-planned implementation by people with little more than a high school diploma or GED. The organization's leaders forget this is a health care business. If you're 65 or older, or have Medicaid, don't come to USHW: you are too old and too poor to receive services.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop getting your business tips from Fox News and start taking care of your employees and patients. Only then will you ACTUALLY fulfill your promise of being a leader in today's health care.

I did my Medical Assistant externship here

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI love the works comp experience. you experience a little of everything

ConsI didn't experience any cons I loved the fast pace work here time goes by fast

....going nowhere....

ProsGood place to gain experience and training. After working for US HealthWorks you can go anywhere since you will do it all here.

ConsGet your experience and leave. Management and corporate believe you are a dime a dozen and will work you to the bone for lower pay and minimal raises annual if any at all. There is no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop buying so many clinics and respect and value your current employees.

Worked for U.S. Healthworks? Contribute to the Community!