U.S. Legal Support

www.uslegalsupport.com

U.S. Legal Support Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Charles Schugart

Great Company to work for!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLaid back working athmosphere-Great bosses- Celebrates birthdays once a month-Occasional company lunches- Fair salary-Room to grow

ConsVery fast paced and challenging. You really need to have great management skills to have your job done in 8 hrs; If not, you'll be doing overtime everyday. Very little camaraderie among co workers. A lot of negative gossiping in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is working fine

The stresses and demands of an Expediter

Expediter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI can not really find too many pros for this job aside from the people who work there. The people are great. If you can get a fast grip on the duties, it will be possible to meet the quota within 3 months, but it will be stressful every day regardless of the handle you have on job duties.

ConsI was a temp working through an agency. I had a 3 month assignment. The minimum requirements for the Expediter position is make 100 "calls" a day, and process 30 "sets." These are for subpoena requests for records. Calls can count as actual phone calls, emails, faxes, mail, etc. Sets are receiving records or setting copy/ pick up appointments for agents to obtain records. Noting everything done in the system that tracks orders, scanning invoices or letters as needed, forwarding invoices and letters for approval or action needed to the supervisor. Requesting orders to be resent or faxed to the locations can take time, getting a bunch of invoices and letters in your incoming that has to be scanned in and assigned to supervisors takes time also, processing checks for mail and bringing them to the receptionist for mailing takes time, faxing anything takes time. Processing records received takes time, you have to ensure the records you are receiving are the records requested, and for the right person, and that they are not duplicates for records that may have already been received if a location sends more records, or match up records that include duplicate and additional records to pick out what was missing. Not to mention that if an invoice doesn't follow a specific format for copy charges, you have to call and call and call and argue with locations that don't itemize charges and charge what they want which almost never gets supervisor approval. But sometimes, after you argue with a location, trying to get an itemized invoice, you end up paying the incorrect invoice regardless and all the time wasted was for nothing. And usually it's a location that you will have to deal with again, they have a bad taste in their mouth and will always give you a hard time. All of this and you still have to call each order you have, usually between 350-500 orders, once a week.

I came into the position with the work load already half a month behind. After 2 weeks of training it still took a while to get familiar with the whole process altogether. Getting backed up doesn't go away, and to add on top of that, the other functions that are mentioned above, time flies by and you wonder what took so long that I couldn't call 60 locations in one day. There are restrictions on what you can note for a call also, example, if you have to call a location to argue an invoice 3-5 times in a week, you can't count that as a call, multiply that with a few location a day, that's time wasted on calls that don't count toward your goals. Calls can take up to 6-10 min each, and while you are trying to process other orders, you have to keep in mind you have a task manager that you have to keep updating that can flood in over 100 new orders a day that you have to date and status while on hold. Sometimes you can get checks done, sometimes you can process records while on hold.. but most of the time you have to either date and status orders that are flooding in or you're not on hold and in conversation with someone who takes a while or is arguing with you or transfers you to a completely wrong department/ gives you the wrong number to call and you are wasting 10-20 min going back and forth with locations that do this for one order. And not to mention when other offices email you for an order that, if you yourself aren't aware that the order isn't with your office (as one who is new wouldn't be), you look for it so you can sent it to them, and it ends up it's not even in your office, or it might, in fact, be with them! Someone like me, who sees that sometimes your supervisor doesn't check orders in, will double check regardless in case something like that happens, knowing that it should be somewhere else, but trying to be thorough.

It is a super stressful job! ..to say the least. The stress of this job affects you after work also, you are mentally drained. Until you get "used to" the massive mental load processing everything you do in one day at this job, you will be stressed every day, and sleep habits may be affected also. Working there, I've heard that a lot of people have trouble with their first few months there, and the stress never goes away. (Actual words from actual employees!)

It is honestly a mess of a job. If you can master organizing it in a way that works without overlooking any aspect of the job, which I am not even doing it justice with how many things need to be done in a day, then you will be golden.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more of a chance to speed up to the required goals. With all of the stresses they are dealing with, it takes a while for you to develop a way to cut down time that works without missing information that is needed. Because if you miss something, it takes a ridiculous amount of time, and time is money, to follow up, make more calls, argue with more people who are reluctant to complete missing requests/ follow ups, than it would have been to just make sure things were done right the first time around if a little more time was taken to review things. I have had orders sent back to me because the supervisor didn't read the notes I left in the order explaining the situation we just had a 20 min email conversation about because they just skim the order in a huge rush, as is the US Legal way, rush rush rush, not realizing what the issue was, told me to follow up again, and everything I just followed up with was already there in the order, explained.

I guess I just like to do a thorough job and this job requires a speed that cuts that idea out of the process.
    (even though I was through a temp agency, the compensation was horrible for the amount of work load it was. I was told it was more for permanent employees, but it would have had to have been a lot more considering what I was paid)

The Company

ProsLarge National Player in a very fragmented space

ConsMust do acquisitions to grow

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent opportunity

ProsExcellent corporate office. Friendly support staff. Fun work environment. Great perks. Direct management very good.

ConsFixed salary with no room for growth. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize dedicated employees. Reward loyalty.

Bureaucracy without benefit, US Legal merged with, and then took over, the boutique recruiting firm The Dine Group.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat corporate offices, competitive salaries and job opportunities.

ConsVery little office camaraderie, uptight supervision without excellence in customer service, and evasion of providing company benefits to hardworking employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInject some warmth back into your service business!

Good but limited room for growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsManagement is very accomodating and coworkers are helpful.
    Environment is clean and safe. Flexible environment and workers given autonomy (no mico management).

ConsLimited room for growth and rapid turnover of staff.
    Salary fixed with no increases to even take into account inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat with human resource issues to enhance employee morale and reduce turnover.
    Pay a competitive salary to attract and retain good talent.

so fortunate to work for this professional, excellent organization

Court Reporter (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

Proscompetent and talented management. generous community involvement for important causes
    great networking skills. appreciation towards employees. Excellent comradery & family atmostphere. good clients. *I have been with this company from the onset and watched it grow into the finest infrastructure in my field; the support staff provided to do my occupation is top caliber/state of the art. Best of all, we have been having important meetings that happen to be at some great happy hour sites!

ConsAs in may companies with growing pains along with the economy challenges of this day and age, communication can be an issue. Sometimes it's hard for people to determine who to get an answer from or how to make a suggestion, as we have many people in different positions here and in other states. But I do believe everyone is settling in and resolving these issues and must say they do their best considering so many employees/independent contractors chim in on so many issues.
    BUT the worst offense is providing delicious cookies in all our offices because we working there eat a few too many

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sales reps must work better with the reporters; this is a must. We have had two meetings, but only with one of the reps. the new rep needs his own info sharing time with us

Worked for U.S. Legal Support? Contribute to the Community!