U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
3.1

Marvin Kagan

GREAT COMONAY - US NONWOVENS!!!

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Pros

The management team helped my wife and I greatly by giving us a personal loan. Also they helped us with financial grants when a relative had sever health issues. We are deeply grateful for their compassion during these dark times in our lives. I never saw that in previous employers and are forever grateful.

Cons

The only con which I can see is that there needs to be more team players.

Employee Opinions Valued!

Current Employee - Production-planning Manager in Brentwood, NY
    Current Employee - Production-planning Manager in Brentwood, NY

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Managers value employee opinion as they make great strides for the future. All employees are very dedicated and are willing to help one another.

Cons

Need of a mentoring program for new employees to speed up onboarding.

As you continue to improve the business do not lose focus on the people who dedicated their time and effort for the overall success of the company. Your vision and their hard work will continue provide opportunities for growth.

Rapidly Expanding - Opportunity For Growth And Advancement

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Pros

The company is rapidly expanding, creating room for growth and advancement in all functional areas. The frenetic pace, however, is only for those who are truly passionate about their careers. The company is also actively reinvesting in equipment, infrastructure, and personnel; they are not sacrificing long term viability for short term profits.

Cons

High expectations from management (although this is not a con; they have high expectations for themselves as well).

Continue your current growth strategy and reinvestment.

Company performance

Current Employee - Plant Manager
    Current Employee - Plant Manager

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is rapidly expanding

Cons

Company continues to support a huge employee change-over

Work on stabilizing employee workforce.

Good Place to Build a Career

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is the first company that allowed me to expand and grow professionally. I started out as a mechanic and now 5 years later I am a supervisor. It took hard work, sacrifice, and dedication from all employees from the top to the bottom. Are the managers demanding? Certainly. They are managing and growing a company. This is no different than other companies trying to grow their business.

Cons

To minimize the Huddle up meetings

Go USN!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NY

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I must say USN is a great place where you would want to prove yourself. This is a place to display and use your knowledge, experience and show potential where as other companies you may not get that opportunity. Whether you have experience in the past or not, the management at USN helps you grow and gets you to where you want to be. The company allows for GROWTH, lets you learn from your inexperience’s and become SUCCESSFUL! I Everyone who wants to TRY can SUCCEED. You get to work with many groups within the company so you get to learn other fields of work too, which is always good! Co Workers are understanding when you may not know something and helps you to learn. People are nice here!

Cons

USN needs a better benefits plan for employees…

Continue to help and reward employees who are hard-working and wanting to work to become successful here.

Only a Matter of Time

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Pros

The only PRO is that we are going to get a raise.....by minimum wage only. Not because they want to give us one.

Cons

They use people for short periods of time to get a job completed. If you are in the INNER CIRCLE then you are OK, if not you will not be there very long. If you can wait on a paycheck then bypass this place. There are cuts coming.

Learn to appreciate your staff and what they can do

Great place to work for Self Driven Professionals

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, earning potential, co-workers

Cons

Can't be afraid of hard work, hectic environment

Like any growing company there are bumps in the road, but if you are a self-driven, persistent, and motivated individual you can make a lasting stamp at this company. The company has great personal career growth potential. Typical working hours are 8-5pm with some flexibility. I have been employed here for about 3 months and I enjoy coming to work every day. I am looking forward to a successful career.

Opportunities Galore!!

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time

Pros

If you're intelligent, driven, and hardworking, there are really good opportunities at USN!!

The company is growing fairly nicely. If you believe in the cliché, “the cream always rises to the top”, this is the place for you!! I saw that on an earlier post and it rang well with me too!

The continued growth of the company, combined with your high skill-set means that the opportunities are there for personal growth! The company is going to need more sharp people due to the breath and quality of their products. I love what I do because it's NOT MUNDANE and I work with nice people.

Cons

Comparative to other organizations, I think the benefit plans can be improved. But, I see new plans being worked on.

There are GREAT people who work at the company. I see you adding training programs. I think more of that will be great to have.

Find the best recruiter that you can and filter to bring in the can-do non-complainers.

Great place to learn and grow!

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Brentwood, NY
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Brentwood, NY

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great and growing company to be a part of, with a professional and friendly staff.
    The managers are excellent and easy to work with.
    U.S. Nonwovens has plenty of room for advancement within.

Cons

U.S. Nonwovens is a very busy company with tons of work.
    You will learn and improve as an employee to work more efficiently and effectively, in which you'll be greatly rewarded.

To seek out those excellent working employees within the company and reward them for their hard work.
    Also, its best to hire an individual with great characteristics to train their skills and promote, instead of an employee with a "great background" with no work ethic or efficiency.