U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Updated November 17, 2014
2.9

Marvin Kagan

Up and Coming Company to Work For

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A extremely warm, and positive place to work. The company has grown in the short time I have been here and is continuing to do so. The Management team is professional and appreciative of your hard work with positive acknowledgement.

Cons

Could use more team players And less team leaders.

Review employee benefit package

Go USN!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NY

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I must say USN is a great place where you would want to prove yourself. This is a place to display and use your knowledge, experience and show potential where as other companies you may not get that opportunity. Whether you have experience in the past or not, the management at USN helps you grow and gets you to where you want to be. The company allows for GROWTH, lets you learn from your inexperience’s and become SUCCESSFUL! I Everyone who wants to TRY can SUCCEED. You get to work with many groups within the company so you get to learn other fields of work too, which is always good! Co Workers are understanding when you may not know something and helps you to learn. People are nice here!

Cons

USN needs a better benefits plan for employees…

Continue to help and reward employees who are hard-working and wanting to work to become successful here.

Great place to work for Self Driven Professionals

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, earning potential, co-workers

Cons

Can't be afraid of hard work, hectic environment

Like any growing company there are bumps in the road, but if you are a self-driven, persistent, and motivated individual you can make a lasting stamp at this company. The company has great personal career growth potential. Typical working hours are 8-5pm with some flexibility. I have been employed here for about 3 months and I enjoy coming to work every day. I am looking forward to a successful career.

Opportunities Galore!!

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time

Pros

If you're intelligent, driven, and hardworking, there are really good opportunities at USN!!

The company is growing fairly nicely. If you believe in the cliché, “the cream always rises to the top”, this is the place for you!! I saw that on an earlier post and it rang well with me too!

The continued growth of the company, combined with your high skill-set means that the opportunities are there for personal growth! The company is going to need more sharp people due to the breath and quality of their products. I love what I do because it's NOT MUNDANE and I work with nice people.

Cons

Comparative to other organizations, I think the benefit plans can be improved. But, I see new plans being worked on.

There are GREAT people who work at the company. I see you adding training programs. I think more of that will be great to have.

Find the best recruiter that you can and filter to bring in the can-do non-complainers.

Great Company to Grow Professionally

Current Employee - Sales in Brentwood, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Brentwood, NY

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a current employee of USN and have been working here for about a year. I am very happy and proud to be a part of a team like this. The environment is fast paced and challenging, but if you are intelligent and a hard worker you will excel here. A job well done is congratulated and rewarded. There is a lot of opportunity for professional growth and the owners and managers really care about their employees. As long as you do your job and do it well you will be incredibly happy here. I can personally say that management has offered me an incredible amount of training and opportunity and is passionate about this company.

Cons

There are two types of employees here. There are hard-working people who are very happy and enjoy coming to work every day and working together to get the job done. Then there are the people who just want to collect a paycheck and have a negative attitude.

Continue to reward a job well done.

Great place to learn and grow!

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Brentwood, NY
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Brentwood, NY

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great and growing company to be a part of, with a professional and friendly staff.
    The managers are excellent and easy to work with.
    U.S. Nonwovens has plenty of room for advancement within.

Cons

U.S. Nonwovens is a very busy company with tons of work.
    You will learn and improve as an employee to work more efficiently and effectively, in which you'll be greatly rewarded.

To seek out those excellent working employees within the company and reward them for their hard work.
    Also, its best to hire an individual with great characteristics to train their skills and promote, instead of an employee with a "great background" with no work ethic or efficiency.

Good Environment

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My department is friendly and productive. I have a good support system and have enjoyed my time here so far.

Cons

Not working long enough to find cons.

Rapidly Growing Company With Lots of Professional Growth

I worked at U.S. Nonwovens Corp full-time

Pros

Enjoyed my time here very much. Ton of professional growth. From my brief experience with the organization, the owners have a passion for what they do and their vision of where they want to be and they expect their employees to have that same passion. If you demonstrate that to them, they will reciprocate in kind and nurture your growth within the organization.

Cons

Days are long and tedious, but this is corporate America. Prove yourself and you will be rewarded.

- Need to trust in the experience of the professionals who were hired to take the organization to the next level.
    - Needs to be a clear description of the companies mission statement and have definitive communication channels throughout all departments.

It will put a blemish on your resume

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Pros

You get a paycheck every week, not much more to say after that

Cons

The don't care about the employees, they only care about putting money in THERE pocket. If you knew what the product was that they make baby wipes from you would never use them on your children. They don't do due diligence when hiring employees, they take any form of ID. It is a OSHA nightmare.

Start treating the employees better and you will get more in return

Like working for a totalitarian dictatorship

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at U.S. Nonwovens Corp

Pros

Good salary if you fight for it during interview process. Some very nice people to work with.

Cons

Manditory overtime daily which is expected with no excuses. Half-hour unpaid lunchtime with no additional breaks in the day. There is a culture of mistrust from upper management all the way down, everything you do and say is monitored on camera and through emails and internet use (even when used for work purposes), you are constantly criticized and managers fight amongst themselves and then berate workers in front of others. There is no sense of teamwork as workers and management throw each other under the bus at any time to cover their own butt or to promote their own agendas. The owners are brothers who insist on personally reviewing and approving every small aspect of operations instead of allowing management to handle their own, and they are feared for their short temper, impatience and loud outbursts of beratement and humiliation either in-person, on the phone or through company wide emails. Normal pleasantries like thank you emails between workers is not allowed due to it being viewed as unprofessional and considered a waste of time, which in turn encourages a sense of disconnect from one another. However a great deal of time is wasted on endless procedural tasks that exist more for covering your butt against other workers than it is for efficiency. Monitoring other co-workers' actions is encouraged and rewarded with cash bonuses if you report them to upper management. Everyone is overworked and over stressed which leads to a sense of working in a sweatshop. You will feel like a worker drone no matter what position you hold and even qualified, trained professionals are treated like factory workers. You may be paid well (if you held your ground during the interview) but they will own your soul and sanity for it. Forget about having a happy work environment here.

Allow managers to manage their departments instead of insisting on approving every tiny thing. Stop nuturing an atmosphere of fear and stress and embrace an environment of teamwork and building relationships. Have managers be trained in worker relations and sensitivity and openly discourage bad behavior between managers and manager/workers. Reach out and be more open to suggestions and opinions than just dictating. Your workers are not happy no matter what you think. Make them happier with hour-long lunches, breaks, no more mandatory overtime, company wide team building exercises and in-house purchasing options. Make them feel like family and they will be devoted to you.