U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
25 reviews filtered by
2.3
U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading

1. Amazing Culture at USPh!

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

I've been in healthcare for many years and worked for all of the big guys. Never before have I seen a company that was run by therapists, for healthcare professionals. The CEO is a t PT, the COO is a manually trained PT. The legal counsel is an OT, the compliance officer is a nurse. There are so many more throughout the corporate company. Patient care and supporting the therapist comes first. They know what we go through in the clinic because they all have been there. A great company to be a part of.

Cons

I can't think of one...

2. Physical Therapist Recruiter

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

This is a great company to work for. A great support network from the clinic all the way to upper management. I have been with the company over 2 years and could not be happier. Great benefits, PTO and continuing Ed. Exceptional co-workers make it fun to go to work everyday.

Cons

I have not found a con to this point.

I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great opportunity. I have been recruiting Therapist for many years and the reason I came on with them was there ethical practices, the way they take care of there employees and there company vision for long term growth and stability.

3. Great, growing company where ethical standards, employees and patient care are the key's to success.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

work-life balance, ethical company, growing company, challenging experiences

Cons

no 401k matching is available

Keep up the great work, but never settle when it come to benefits that can not only keep, but attract good employees to USPH, like 401k Matching...

5. Focused on getting paid only

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Webster, TX
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Webster, TX

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Treatment autonomy, mostly orthopedic pts and no weekends

Cons

Despite 16 yrs experience, 8 in spotts mediicine OP clinic, only paid $75,000/yr for 60+ hour week. They attempt to entice you with completely unattainable bonus program. Furthermore, have to see 3 pts/hr more concerned with pushing paper, marketing and administrative duties than building positive treatment outcome refferal base.
    Also, PTAs in upper management dictating how to properly treat and manange patient load when they do visit clinic.
    Although salaried, treat you like an hourly time clock worker uf come in a little late, sfter working 10 hours previous day, if have cancellation on the books . Truly worst work environment in my 16 years as PT.

Let positive RX outcomes drive patient refferals not cheap marketing ploys or appeasing greedy wotk comp managers. Also, back up therapist against poor upper management scrutiny. Basically, if pts are improving quickly, safely, effectively and referring doctor is pleased, do not fixate and on minor administrative concerns.

6. Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Receptionist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job and most therapists really do care about what's best for the patients

Cons

There's no room for improvement unless you go from being receptionist to doing billing and it stops there. Working alongside the physical therapists, there is such a stress on them to see enough patients to make the corporation enough money. To corporate, they aren't humans who need help, they're an account number in their system they can bill. The stress on the therapists and the stress that's put on the biller or receptionist is not worth the meager salary.

Realize the reason why patients return is because they feel they're time is valued and their needs are the highest priority, not what insurance they have and how quickly they can be swept out the door.

Uneventful, made to feel like you are invisible

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

pay was okay for job description -
    fellow co-workers good to work with

Cons

no room for growth, working 10-12 hour days some days no lunch break
    no support / recognition of extra's done
    feel like just a number to help them make money,
    lacking in overall patient quality of care

DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE.

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy (less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could think of just one pro. I'm trying...trying...trying...NOPE!

Cons

Unethical business practices.
    Micromanagement to the extreme.
    Low pay.
    Treats employees like slaves
    No training to come up to speed on their inefficient documentation system.
    USpH is a self serving company that doesn't deserve the chance to exploit people with the skill level and compassion that physical therapists have.

Find another business to exploit workers other than physical therapists. You do not deserve us!

UNETHICAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS- HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The therapist I currently work with is very professional and cares about the patient,
    The paid time off was good, insurance good

Cons

Horrible management, only concerned about the mighty dollar, micro managing to the extreme, very low morale among employees, Dishonesty from the local management up through the corporate level.. NO concern for employee ethical issues. This company operates on a very LOW ethical plain. Pay raises basically non existent, worked there 8 years, time for review comes (if you even get one) and suddenly they are barely making any money so no pay raises again!!! Current owner creates a hostile work environment.

Try taking an ethics course... stop creating a hostile work environment.

Worst company I've ever worked for...

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was competitive, should have asked for more.

Cons

Everything. Documentation, billing, marketing, management all terrible. I second the opinion of another poster, it's a good ole boys club. They tell you one thing and do another only looking out for themselves. Couldn't care less about pt care. All about the $$$. Disappointed..

Try listening to your therapists..

I was a full time employee for 15+yrs

Former Employee - PTA
    Former Employee - PTA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I had a very supportive boss but she had little support from upper mgmt. Paid time off is accrued according to yrs of work with the company and must be used each calendar yr and doesn't carry over. Good benefits with regards to cont ed.

Cons

Poor pay levels with very few raises. Bonus program is a joke; almost impossible to attain. Two of the five areas of your annual evaluation you have NO control over and shouldn't even be considered.

Share the love with the lower level employees who are actually doing the work. It's not always about the numbers.