U.S. Physical Therapy

U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
Updated October 18, 2014
2.2

U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading

Great company culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, no micro managing, and co-workers are fun to work with.

Cons

Pay and benefits, no room for personal growth

Worst company I've ever worked for...

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was competitive, should have asked for more.

Cons

Everything. Documentation, billing, marketing, management all terrible. I second the opinion of another poster, it's a good ole boys club. They tell you one thing and do another only looking out for themselves. Couldn't care less about pt care. All about the $$$. Disappointed..

Try listening to your therapists..

I was a full time employee for 15+yrs

Former Employee - PTA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I had a very supportive boss but she had little support from upper mgmt. Paid time off is accrued according to yrs of work with the company and must be used each calendar yr and doesn't carry over. Good benefits with regards to cont ed.

Cons

Poor pay levels with very few raises. Bonus program is a joke; almost impossible to attain. Two of the five areas of your annual evaluation you have NO control over and shouldn't even be considered.

Share the love with the lower level employees who are actually doing the work. It's not always about the numbers.

Great people to work with but no room for advancement

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

really enjoy people in my department, everyone is friendly. No issue with leaving early or taking time off if needed for family or personal issues.

Cons

low pay, no room for advancement, unless you are in operations, your voice isn't heard; don't increase staff to keep up with increased workload so the same people do twice as much work and are expected to get same results

listen to the ideas and requests for help from your staff

Keep your head down and do not try to ask questions

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Easy, boring, repetitive work, no surprises

Cons

Management - Good old boys club, no loyalty to the employees, no room for growth

Restructure and listen to those in the field

Marketing rep

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy

Pros

Work independently, healthcare training, c-level interaction, sales training. Adding more words adding more words adding more words

Cons

Low salary, upward advancement opportunities, challenging clinic directors, unfocused admins

Can't Believe the Reviews on Here...

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Worked at the company for over 5 years and just came across this site and searched my company. I wish I would have come across it sooner with this poor representation of what the company is all about. When I have wanted more responsibility in my position and challenges to avoid a boredom rut- I've asked for it. When I've needed support- I've received it. When people in the clinics or even at the corporate level have personal things going on- I've seen people rally to assist and support them. Partners and other therapists that excel get positively mentioned all the time.

Cons

There's a small management team which some people may not understand. We're conservative, but that means upper management isn't flying privately, first class or business class. Nor are there company cars, and expensive off site meetings aka vacation writeoffs, and the corporate office certainly didn't look cushy...

These reviews say it all- maybe there needs to be more positive feedback, maybe a surveys so people feel that they're being heard? So many of these seem, well, unjustified and a bit angry.

Nothing but another face.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open bar at company functions. Management doesn't know what is happening most of the time so you never hear from them. The people actually doing the work are great to work with and can be trusted.

Cons

Executives don't care about employees. Shady business practices are common. Employees in the clinics are treated like slaves. The top level execs will do anything to make the stock go higher even when the company isn't moving in the right direction. Bonus structure is actual stock shares but most of the employees are lied to and told a bonus program doesn't exist.

Management is aware of the issues and they don't plan to change.

Horrible Experience!

Former Employee - PTA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No Pros! Company Sucks except for few co workers:)

Cons

Treat patients as numbers, the more the better not caring about quality of care! Numbers it's all about numbers! The company insurance sucks, raises non exsistant, vacations maybe if your lucky! Shady! Lies, Lies, Lies!

Someone needs to go to all the smaller clinics to see exactly how the business is being ran on the inside! Some shady stuff going on!

Message from a former employee

Former Employee - Therapist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Therapist in Houston, TX

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to gain experience.
    The company is on all the major insurance contracts to be an in-network provider. This is helpful to market to potential referral sources.

Cons

It makes little to no sense to partner with a company that is going to take the majority of the profits (and that makes you sign a 10 mile noncompete). Opening up your own practice is not as hard as you think nor does it take that much of a capital investment. There are plenty of books and courses on how you can go solo. Additionally, there are companies that will help you get insurance credentialed that will take a lot of the headaches to become an in-network provider.

Do not let the numbers dictate the way that you want your therapists to treat. Profits will come from superior service and patient outcomes.