U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
2.4
U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading

1. Physical Therapist

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company, more organized HR dept than private practices

Cons

Lower salary, no 401k match, no profit sharing, no bonus

2. We all work for them.

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company in a dominate field. Stable growth due to acquisitions and management.

Cons

Upper management design to reward only partnership holders and the top levels are typical of the corporate greed in many companies. No match for the 401k unless you are in the right group. The low salary would be ok in exchange for steady employment. Arrogance creates a divide between management and the worker bees. Makes a person feel less hopeful and valuable. Not worthy of the club. The dishonesty is the biggest insult.

Advice to Management

We know when you make up stories to keep everyone working working working.

3. Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone seemed to be friendly and cared.

Cons

No sense of direction as where the company was going.

5. Was great, room for improvement

Pros

Was a very productive corporate employee. Got the job done! I was let go based on I don't know what....

Cons

Benefits were ok, not great. Leadership was biased

Great Company but there's room for Improvement!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the reasons that I have stuck around is that my boss allows us to have a flexible schedule as long as your work gets done and on time. We are also extremely lucky to still have a company Holiday party in December and a Fun day at Moody Gardens in Galveston as a thank you for all the hard work.

Cons

The benefits are a little lacking, especially as they don’t match your 401k. Pay is under most of the industries standards in all departments and they have lost a lot of great employees because of this. They also don’t really promote from within, if they do the pay really isn't worth the additional work and headaches. There aren't really an advancement opportunities unless you are in the Operations side of it.

Advice to Management

Upper management does a great job of running the company and directing it in a way to keep this company growing. However, this comes with a down side, each time they add clinics it creates a huge amount additional work for us. They forget that we are the force behind them; most departments are understaffed and have been for a while. They have recently starting hiring in certain departments but there needs to be more.

Amazing Culture at USPh!

Pros

I've been in healthcare for many years and worked for all of the big guys. Never before have I seen a company that was run by therapists, for healthcare professionals. The CEO is a t PT, the COO is a manually trained PT. The legal counsel is an OT, the compliance officer is a nurse. There are so many more throughout the corporate company. Patient care and supporting the therapist comes first. They know what we go through in the clinic because they all have been there. A great company to be a part of.

Cons

I can't think of one...

Stay away from this company!

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL

Pros

They occasionally pay their bills on time.

Cons

The group that I was a part of was taken over by USPh. After that, it was all downhill. No leadership. No accountability. It's all about the bottom line. They imposed a minimum visits per day requirement without any attempt to understand how the group had previously been successful. It lead to the inevitable decline in quality of care, poor morale and worse performance. So then they cut staffing which further worsened matters. It gotten to the point where I had to leave because I had grown to hate a job I had once loved.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management. They're doing great. The stock price is up. They're rolling in the dough. My advice is for investors and potential employees. For investors, stay away from this company. It is being built on a house of cards. They are rapidly acquiring new groups and clinics without the infrastructure to support it. Most of the leadership is former HealthSouth guys. You would think they would have learned their lesson. For potential employees, stay away from this company...unless you like the life and passion sucked from you by a bunch of bean counters who only care about volume. Actually, I do have some advice for management... Don't think you are fooling anyone by posting fake positive reviews on this page. Only corporate monkeys talk about "culture".

9. Physical Therapist Recruiter

Pros

This is a great company to work for. A great support network from the clinic all the way to upper management. I have been with the company over 2 years and could not be happier. Great benefits, PTO and continuing Ed. Exceptional co-workers make it fun to go to work everyday.

Cons

I have not found a con to this point.

Advice to Management

I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great opportunity. I have been recruiting Therapist for many years and the reason I came on with them was there ethical practices, the way they take care of there employees and there company vision for long term growth and stability.

10. Great, growing company where ethical standards, employees and patient care are the key's to success.

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

work-life balance, ethical company, growing company, challenging experiences

Cons

no 401k matching is available

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, but never settle when it come to benefits that can not only keep, but attract good employees to USPH, like 401k Matching...

From a clinic employee, corporate gets what?

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

I love the patients we see, but that could be said for any clinic in our area. The staff that we have remaining is friendly. Several have left to work elsewhere.

Cons

Corporate greed. Our clinic was acquired by USPH. Patient care doesn't matter at all and the quality has decreased based on corporate directives. It sounds like corporate employees aren't treated that well, but they are treated better than those in the clinics. In reading the earlier reviews, at least you all get fun things like parties throughout the year. Of course I'd rather receive a matching 401k than a yearly party. The IT systems are horrible. We had a good system in place and were forced by the IT director to change systems. Now we don't have a decent scheduler and none of our notes are electronic. We were told by IT that we were going electronic and that still hasn't happened. Accounting is just as bad. We have had services shut off due to our bills not being paid.

Advice to Management

Zero advice to offer as they don't care. Those in charge only care about pumping up the stock price so they can cash our the massive amounts of options they have acquired. Fat cat stock options while those doing the work have poor medical benefits and zero retirement options.

RSS Feed </> Embed