U.S. Polo Assn

I learned a lot

Current Employee - Retail Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Associate

I have been working at U.S. Polo Assn

Pros

I accepted a position to help during holiday season and then hired on to continue. The pay is at best decent and so are the hours.

Cons

The management team is terrible. We do not have a stock team so we have to do the fills, recovery, register, etc., this lead to longer hours then expected. Two days before Christmas, we had 2 employees working and the manager in the back doing nothing. This in turn got us done at 1:00 AM. Also, we have to clean the store, the store is a wreck and needs professional cleaners!

You need to have more people on the floor and people who want to be there. A stock team would be great, too. It's so hard to do everything inlcuding cleaning the store and get paid peanuts. If you aren't going to have extra people work, help us out, pay us more and give us a reason to want to work here.

USPA

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn

Pros

The pay was better then what other stores were offering.

Cons

Difficult customers, store always got confused for Ralph Lauren

Be nicer to employees, and put in more effort instead of leaving it to the lower ranked.

Terrible and mean

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Livermore, CA

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all. Best part was leaving. Waking out the door. Quitting. Eating lunch after being starved

Cons

Management- horrible They are the worst managers. They discriminate on disablities. They never train you all they do is bark, shout at the employees and abuse them. My manager would purpously make me flinch and would make me stand out in the 90 degree weather with no water for 8hrs every shift then make me mop the bathroom.
    Hours - too long when I was lucky to even be called in. Be prepared to never get a break
    Co workers- horrible they are allowed to bully each other and they play favorites. They have one associate that were fake and they let her pretend to run the store. They never trained me on the register even tho I worked there for over a year.
    Pay- was low they always forgot to pay me

Tasks- for everyone else they stood around and goofed off and used the registers. For me? No I folded clothes , fitting rooms , mopped the floors and cleaned the toilets and other illegal jobs. This is when I wasn't outside baking and trying to sell ugly clothes.
    Discounts- the clothes were ugly who would wear that ?

Be nicer and learn to accept people with disablities

Solid

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clean work environment, paid well above other retail positions in the mall I was working in. Decided to choose this store for the cleanliness and salary.

Cons

Stayed way too late during the closing process. Other stores have a staff for refilling, this company or at least the store I was working in, did not.

Most unprofessional employer I've ever had.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent hours (at best) & a decent wage.

Cons

Lack of professionalism. Management showed a LOT of favoritism. I even had 1 manager who refused to get off her behind during closing shift. She would literally just have everyone else on the floor cleaning up & she'd just sit at her desk playing on her phone, and once the rest of us were finished making the store spotless, she'd get up and nitpick EVERYTHING & make up stay 3-4 hours longer.

Stop acting like a bunch of schoolchildren & act like adults.

Growing pains.

Current Employee - Key Holder/Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Key Holder/Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at U.S. Polo Assn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The ability to implement your own ideas and standards for your location is appreciated. Scheduling is ok for associates as long as the management utilizes the payroll usage wisely. Most of the management within a district is open for store to store communication and advice if asked. The pay is above average for entry level from what I've seen.

Cons

Family and friend ties from associate to corporate corrupt accountability sometimes. The process for receiving shipment is outdated and takes longer than needed. Since the company is still growing there are procedures such as training new employees that need to be standardized. Some locations have too much drama (yelling, management feuds, favoritism).

Move forward with people that are making strides to improve the company and place them in the correct positions. Having "pals" in management roles doesn't always mean getting a strong employee. Update the shipment receiving process to hasten that task. To improve the image of the company it might be best to also involve yourself with the community events such as charities, fundraising, etc.

Extremely unprofessional.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is higher than your average retail wages, the music was somewhat enjoyable. Shifts pass by fast since you are constantly busy.

Cons

On my first day, I did not receive any training and was just left on the sales floor to figure everything out for myself. Being that the store was located in the middle of Times Square, the environment was hectic and often busy. You are on your feet in a limited space, constantly climbing ladders. After completing my first week, I never received a schedule for the following week so when I questioned my manager he claimed that hours were very limited and he would notify me when they could fit me in. 2 weeks went by and still nothing, when I questioned it he responded with the same answer. Weeks soon turned into a month, however, in the meanwhile there were new employees being hired and given hours. As time passed I returned to ask to be scheduled and apparently my manager did not remember who I was and had to check with HR if I was still in the system. I was, and once again told to wait to be notified for hours. After a few weeks, I gave up and called to quit. I have never witnessed such unprofessional management.

Do not hire employees if there are no hours to distribute and learn how to treat them.

Growing company; headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at U.S. Polo Assn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smaller growing company means freedom in merchandising, ability to make your own decisions, ability to share new ideas and implement them, access to many different reports to analyze store progress. It's very much like running your own business. Great opportunity for experienced managers who want to learn more and develop their management/business skills. Plus, all of the other store managers are helpful, encouraging and genuinely want to help. 2 weeks of formal training and 1 week company training annually. Not a corporate conglomerate; you literally know the names of everyone in corporate.

Cons

High workload. Receiving shipment is a long process because it comes from different warehouses and some have time consuming paperwork. Hiring new employees takes a week to get their numbers in the system. Not good for people who like to slack off or people with little/no experience.

Implement a consolidated and quicker/easier way of scanning in shipment. Hire a few more HR people to expedite hiring process. Better in store music.

I met many people.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ontario, CA

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience. I learned a lot and loved helping the customers

Cons

I wish i could have had more hours.

Disorganized

I worked at U.S. Polo Assn

Pros

Easy going environment, diverse customer base

Cons

Disorganized company--their policy handbook was clearly typed via word and handed out to the stores quickly.

Fairness.