U.S. Residential Group Reviews

1. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at U.S. Residential Group

Pros

Upper Management- very positive attitude.Great benefits for employees.

Cons

More staff meetings & better communications.

Advice to Management

To be more responsive to all employees. Regular Staff meetings between regional & all staff.

Less than one star rating

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Westminster, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Westminster, CA

I worked at U.S. Residential Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not easy to find something positive to say about this company. The 401k plan is ok and there isn't a waiting period for it. You will be automatically enrolled if you dont happen, by pure chance or luck, to get the memo that this is the case.

Cons

This company is operating like it's 1990, at best. They are so behind the times with technology, benefits, training, policies, processes, thinking, treatment of employees, legal compliance - you name it. Its almost unbelievable. They hire and fire on a whim, favoritism is rampant and decisions are made based on personal preference or emotion. Its a really backward place where class , fairness, and integrity have no place.

Advice to Management

Where to begin. Treat people like human beings instead of numbers and get with the times. Starts over with all "executives" and get some real leadership. Stop allowing managers to conduct illegal activity, hire family, treat employees poorly. Or, just shut down.

3. Love my job and the flexibility with it

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open door atmosphere- if it works, they will try it! My ideas matter and my supervisor appreciates me!! It's not so black and white that you are restricted in making decisions, which I love. No weekend work, unlike other organizations. 401K matching is nice.

Cons

Sometimes a little more structure would be great, but then again I love a blank canvas and that my input matters. Benefits are So-So like all companies now-adays. Cultures and values aren't really defined so it may be region specific.

Advice to Management

A work flow chart for hiring, compliance, HR processes would be great. Also, a file management system where you can save, task, revise, would be great.

5. Okay place to work

I worked at U.S. Residential Group

Pros

Good listeners; open to new ideas

Cons

Do not receive much feedback on work product

6. Let this be your final option.

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group

Pros

Lots of free training, but you'll get in trouble,even fired if you don't complete it

Cons

Extremely dishonest company. It's very corporate, political & large so they don't care about their employees or the people on site. PLEASE DO NOT work here unless you have to.

Advice to Management

Stop being so political.

7. Unfair and dishonest company

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group full-time

Pros

None. No pros at all

Cons

To many to count... Just don't work there unless it's a must

Advice to Management

Back your employees because they are the back bone of your company

8. Worst management company ever come across

Current Employee - Community Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good I can say about this company

Cons

This company is a joke three days in and I already want to quit. I have been in the business for 10 years and this is the worst company I have ever worked for. When I filled out paperwork my district manager had no shoes on and complained the whole time totally unprofessional. Being new yes I need some help but after several calls and e-mails no one responded to help. There idea of training is giving you a stack of papers. My assistant has been on the property for three months but every time I asked a question I got a I don't know I just answer the phones around here. I feel bad for the owners who hire this company. Bills don't get paid, vendors calling saying we haven't been paid since March, employees saying I haven't been paid my correct amount in months is just a sign that this company is horrible. I need a job but not this bad!!!!

Advice to Management

Train your new hires better, don't just throw them on the property with no resources.

9. Big on Educating Employees and Promoting Within!

Current Employee - Property Manager in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Property Manager in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with the company has been great. I have had the opportunity to grow in my field and have been promoted 4 times in 6 years. I love the challenges that come with managing a property, especially love my staff, we are a strong team. I feel I have had the support needed to help me do well, not only from my superiors, my peers are always eager to help out any way they can. I will continue to educate myself through USRG University, grow in my career and look to the future for more doors to open for me.

Cons

Sometimes the needs of the resident's are overwhelming. I feel we do an excellent job in customer service with prospects as well as new and seasoned residents. The biggest complaint I get from staff besides compensation is company moral. It would be nice to do something as a company to feel more united, like a family.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the wonderful job you're doing and stay positive. It is nice to feel appreciated at all levels. Than you for your dedication!

10. Offers Great Opportunities to grow in this industry

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy learning and being challenged, this is the company for you. I love that they prefer to promote from within. As USRG is constantly growing, there are lots of opportunities to grow within the company if you want to. As with all things, you'll get out of it what you put into it.

Cons

Because the growth has been so swift over the last couple years, I think it has been difficult to establish a sense of continuity in training. There is also a great deal of room for improvement in communication between Corporate and the sites.

Advice to Management

More frequent interactions between sites; especially when you bring on new managers. Encourage managers to confir with one another. A very strong marketer may need help with his/her reports while the manager that always dots their "i's" and crosses their "t's" may be struggling getting occupancy up.

11. Endless Opportunities!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at U.S. Residential Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management is very friendly. This company is very in tune with work/life balance, which is great if you have a family and need a flexible schedule. Great opportunities and perks if you further your education. This company gives you all the tools to succeed.

Cons

401(K) match percentage is average, but you can contribute additional.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed