U.S. Security Associates

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
2.2

Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • If your looking for an easy job, they don't get easier than this one (in 8 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is too low for the job they want you to do, No raises, insurance is horrible (in 15 reviews)

• No advancement into supervisor/manager roles (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

long term working relations

Former Employee - Security Officer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Charleston, SC

I worked at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

experience flexibility training opportunity reputation

Cons

lonely hrs. short contract temp. no ben. low pay

please give me good reference

US Security Associates cares about the process and performance of their employees

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a national company, US Security Associates (Advance Security in AZ) has an online application process that they use for qualified applicants. The system is monitored regularly to make sure that qualified candidates are put through the process as efficiently and timely as possible. We look for the best possible candidates to fill our open positions. The process is longer than some security companies, but it is uniform in its process through the country. This is to make sure that we get the best people to work for our clients from every angle. The application process is the best gauge in the country to make sure we hire the best candidates at the time. Candidates also have the responsibility to make sure they follow the application process and complete the applications fully. Not doing this, slows the entire process down and wastes valuable time in the hiring. This system will not allow candidates to move on to the next stage of the process without completing the current stage they are in.

Cons

The application process could be frustrating at time because this is a new system and the learning curve does take time to master. The operations managers are required to look at their applicants on a daily basis. Some of the time frames in processing applicants are beyond are control because we have o wait for other companies finish their portion of the paperwork to get applicants through the next stage. Backgrounds for US Security Associates are done by a seperate thrid-party vendor, which takes up to 3-10 days depending on where the applicant has lived in the past ten years. Motor Vehicle records can take 2-3 days to receive, and the processing of the guard license can take as much as 3 weeks. This is what slows our hiring process down. Once someone is hired, it also takes about 1-2 days to get the candidate into the system so we can schedule them to their first job site. It does take time to hire good people, but our retention rate is over 94%. That says it all in the security industry.

My experience with this company has been a little prosperous.

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

One of the best things working with U.S. security associates, i get plenty of overtime

Cons

Short notice when they need you to work overtime

Manage time better

I love working with this Company

Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They care that your Trained properly for the job your Applying for

Cons

The pay could be better being Guards are on call 24/7

If, pay was better it'd be great. Because, the dedicated worker has to suffer due to the un-dedicated workers

Great level of professionalism

Current Employee - Security Officer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It promotes discipline. Also create awareness to modern technologies in the industries. Educates officers to individual's rights and responsibilities in the community

Cons

Vulnerable to undisciplined citizens. Require high tech of human and material resources

Continues strategic study, understanding and application of the environmental factors to crisis resolution

I Disagree With All The Negativity

Current Employee - Security Officer/Rover in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer/Rover in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Depending on where you get placed, this job is pretty good and easy as an entry level into security training or as a job for supplemental income and/or soon-to-be retirees looking for some extra money. I have a full time day job and was looking for extra money so I joined USSA in early December 2014. My boss is a year younger than me (I am only 27) and he was very accommodating and ensured that I would get hours that work for me. And he fulfilled that promise. I was so happy with my situation I decided to attempt to take the job more seriously. I learned the in's and out's of the business and how the company worked and looked for opportunities. Within three weeks I became a "rover" i.e. site supervisor and went from $9.50/hour to $10.50/hour.

Any job that offers you a promotion after three weeks to eager employees are good companies. I found out my boss has to leave the company for personal reasons unrelated to the company I am put my name in for his job and was granted an interview almost immediately. I will report back when I find out.

PROS: Accommodation to schedule, over-training (you can never know too much in my opinion), good money for the amount of work you do.

Cons

Slightly disorganized because of the turnover rate, wouldn't blame that on the company. The man who was relieving me for a break on my 11PM-7AM shift would come at 1:00AM and leave at 1:15AM leaving me to sit for 5:45 hours without being able to use the bathroom. That I can deal with as well, but I know other people have issues with that.

I personally have no constructive criticism. The job has been good so far.

Next level security

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

This is a great company to work for. One of the largest security companies in the world which provides professional security personnel .

Cons

The only con would be that they don't hold many contracts in the Imperial Valley.

I would find someone to represent USSA in the Imperial Valley and bid on these contracts. Most are settling for whats available.

good company

Former Employee - Security Officer
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

good company better than a lot other security company i have worked for. better pay than many other security company. better chances for growth

Cons

You will need to write a lot of reports. Writing reports is something that all security guards must do, because it helps to log and keep track of everything suspicious that goes on while you're on duty. These reports may be used in court or to help clarify any incidents that may have occurred, so you need to know how to write well

better managment

Empty promises

Current Employee - Field Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Field Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They give you a chance even if your prior job experience isn't extensive.

Cons

Upper management only cares about the client. Employee's have no voice and are often mistreated. Upper management constantly asks for favors but never returns the favors. Poor compensation and treatment leads to a high turnover rate.

Listen to your employees and treat them better and quality might improve.

u.s security associates

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

friendly employees, nice uniform, local

Cons

administration, management, treat employees poorly

U.S. Security Associates Photos