U.S. Security Associates

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
2.0

Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • If your looking for an easy job, they don't get easier than this one (in 8 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises given unless you move to a site that pays more (in 12 reviews)

• Low pay & account managers that leave you waiting for your check (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

It's a paycheck until you find your next real job/career

Current Employee - Security Guard in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Miami, FL

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

8 hour shifts that includes about a 15 minute break. Not 8.5 or 9 hours (30 min-1 hour lunch break). You get a check every two weeks. It all depends at the post they put you at. Some supervisors are terrible and make life on the job hell, others are great. I had a bad supervisor which made it terrible at first, asked the operations manager to put me at another post in which they did and this supervisor has been good so can't complain. Job gets the bills paid.

Cons

They take $200 from you at the beginning for background check, uniforms, etc without even telling you during the interview process! ($50 per pay check for the 1st four checks). They pay a measly $10/hr with absolutely no raises (pay even less in other posts)! Someone at my post been there for 3 years and is still at $10/hr! No advancement into supervisor/manager roles. They had me do some online courses about 6 months ago through their company in which if I passed all the tests I could be a supervisor/manager when a "position opened up." Well I passed all the tests and still nothing.

Some supervisors and even managers are very unprofessional.

Working here in this specific location was not a bad start, however with time things were getting worse.

Current Employee - Security Guard in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Ventura, CA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay for the area.
    Great work experience.

Cons

Lots of favoritism, it was hard to approach management about particular issues.
    No communication was ever established between immediate supervisors and general managers.

Security Officer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, pay is a little higher than other security companies in the area, co-workers have excellent personalities and work well with others.

Cons

Trust of leadership is lacking at this location. Leadership plays favorites, letting those who they like get away with big screw-ups, while giving write-ups to those they do not like for silly things such as "shoelaces not tied in military fashion" and "tie clip is not perfectly aligned." Leadership makes many mistakes which they then shift blame onto subordinates instead of taking responsibility. Absolutely no opportunities for advancement.

New leadership is needed at Gaithersburg contract.

Fun work, emotionally driven managment

Current Employee - Security Captain in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Security Captain in Columbus, OH

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you work for a good client the work can be fun and you can experience a lot of variety

Cons

Managment is always trying to look for a reason to be upset. If it isn't perfect you might lose your job.

Yelling at your people shows a lack of class and highlights lack of managment ability.

Not a career and no hope of going anywhere within the company

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The easiest job you can find as a security guard.

Cons

No structure to how things are run between corporate, your site manager, and the client. No communication of how things SHOULD be ran between the client and the security guards working the job site. Must drive your own vehicle while on duty but you get NO reimbursement for gas and U.S. Security Associates will tell you they are not liable for your vehicle (in case you get a nail in your tire). Provides a uniform that is two sizes too big and NO reimbursement to get the pants hemmed (pants come un-hemmed). No chance to move-up, no raise will be given, NO HEALTH INSURANCE even though they are supposed to provide it.

Reimbursement for gas while on the job because some job sites have the security booth a 1/4 mile away from the building. Reimbursement for gas because while on duty, the job site has multiple buildings that can only be reached by vehicle and I have to use my own. It costs $10 to get pants hemmed, I make $10 an hour, there is no reason why I should have to pay for a uniform to be fixed that you provided in the first place.

U.S. Security Associates Response

Oct 14, 2014Marketing Team

As a result of our targeted hiring and promotion practices, we have low turnover within our workforce—great for career development, but less than ideal when you’re awaiting promotion. But our growth ... More

Primarily a 'Give What You Get' Job.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job is not labor intensive
    For beginners or a fall back
    Really hard to get fired once you have a decent schdule

Cons

Hard to get a schedule
    They tend give you horrible hours.
    No benefits
    No good leadership
    If there's a problem don't expect it to be fixed
    Vacation hard to take (from my experience).

U.S. Security Associates Response

Oct 14, 2014Marketing Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience. We value our employees, and we would like to help you find a schedule and position that meets your needs and allows you to ... More

I regret working for this company.

I worked at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

If you are desperate for a job.

Cons

Corporate nor immediate supervisor care about their staff. Payroll is always screwed up and always had to wait 2 weeks later to get your money on your next check. You never receive an evaluation for a raise or promotion. They don't care if you are sick, in pain, needing surgery, just work until you can't take any longer. The insurance sux because it's an off brand insurance and more expensive than insurance you (ie....United Health, Cigna, BCBS) There isn't any dental or vision insurance. Staff do not receive breaks/lunch. This company needs to be put out of business because the Manager are rude, unprofessional, and selfish. I will NEVER apply back there again because they don't appreciate their staff and how hard they work.

Management need to be retrained or get rid of the old and begin with the new. They need training on professionalism, being sympathetic, and understanding.

"If it doesnt affect you, who cares what the Policy is!! hahaha"

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy job to get, they will hire anyone with a clean record, even if you cant do your job well, or if you ate paint chips as a child, They have a Job for YOU!!!

Cons

They will try to break the law every chance they get, then make jokes about it like the title of this Review. No lie a REGIONAL MANAGER Said this to me while he laughed about an attendence policy that breaks NH State Law.

"Ohh just dont be Late and you dont have to worry about the attendence policy". This left me speachless. The Policy was later changed to be more in-line with NH law, but still in a very grey area.

Nothing gets done, and the Managers Brick wall you. until you mention the NH Department of Labor Inspectors name.
    then all of a sudden things get done. It shouldnt take threats of legal action to fix things that are blatantly illegal

Oh yea the Pay is crap, Pay raise? Forget about,
    Getting your own 9-5, Monday through Friday? not before another guard dies or quits.
    Promotion to Supervisor? a dollar more. 100% more workload, with a dollar extra for your trouble. ya no thanks.
    Getting Vacation time? forget about it, you better Plan your vacation a year out or it will be denied. that is if you even still work for this crap company.

Jobs in this Company are for Retired Folk, Overweight Folk and kids fresh out of highschool.

If you are in your 20s or 30s, its time to stop wasting your life away in a dead end job, and get a Job with some hope of advancement.

Pay Raise, 90day Raise. 180 Day Raise, 360 Day Raise.

Attendence Policy's that arnt illegal. with Regional Managers making Jokes about them.

Security company for first timers.

Former Employee - Security Guard in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at U.S. Security Associates part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They employ you without any working experience.

Cons

They pay minimum wage for most of their sites. Pay check is inconsistent. Change your site without any prior notice. No union and benefits. Often loosening sites. No room for growth.

Get a union, provide benefits and pay increase.

it was not goo

Current Employee - Security Guard in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they were nice and good

Cons

a lot of work they had you do

none they never talk with you or anyone

U.S. Security Associates Photos