U.S. Security Associates

U.S. Security Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

U.S. Security Associates President Charles Schneider

Charles Schneider

Pros
  • If your looking for an easy job, they don't get easier than this one(in 6 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very inconsistent, NO opportunity for advancement(in 8 reviews)

• No raises for the past three years(in 9 reviews)

I acted as the floater or "go to person"

Security Officer (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsHonest, Integrity, excellent management, great work ethic

ConsEqual or better than any other organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdditional training as required.

Security not at its finest

Manager (Current Employee) Braintree, MA

ProsWith the right site and manager not a bad job. Not necessarily worse then other security companies. Good stepping stone into other fields like corrections or maybe an armed government security guard if your lucky..

ConsThe right site is very unlikely. Most are $10-$11 jobs yet you can do the work of guards making closer to $20 depending on what the client wants. Howeve

Advice to Senior ManagementStop low balling to get work. Your just setting everyone up for failure when you have to underpay guards for work. Also promote from within more some guards are worth it.

Committed to effective security

ProsManagement allows employees to have a great work-like balance and is supportive of employee needs and development. Company leadership is very knowledgeable about industry developments and personnel training requirements. They also display a strong commitment to ethical personnel management.

ConsThe fast-paced work environment sometimes is not matched by internal communication efficiency, as recent merges have rearranged responsibilities for some departments.

U.S. Security Associates Marketing Team responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you! We’re happy to know that you’ve found a place to develop your industry knowledge and that your values are reflected in our company management—that’s what we strive for! As our company ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company to work for.

Site Supervisor (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsHard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. I was able to advance quickly within the company.

ConsNeeds to be better communication between Operations Managers and Site Supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll sites should have updated technology as to better submit payroll, and improved accuracy in the writing of reports.

they are ok

Security Officer (Current Employee) South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

Prosthey help you 10 an hour

Consnot full time I have 26years in security they do not care

Advice to Senior Managementgive people a chance that have 26years in security

U.S. Security Associates Marketing Team responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for your review! We invite you to explore our Career page and the open posts listed there. There are many opportunities available through our Career Portal, many of which are likely great ... More

No respect for employees

Security Guard (Current Employee) Warwick, RI

ProsIt is a job for the time being while looking for a much better job some of the people are good to work with

ConsThey lie to you about everything and the checks never arrive on time Friday is payday and may not get the check until Monday or Tuesday. No sick days or holidays and the site is under manned need more people to know the site

Advice to Senior Managementthe office needs to have better communication with the worker who are out in the field

This company is a joke.

Security Officer (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsI got to meet a lot of new people.
    There is a vast amount of locations to work at.

ConsThe supervisors are clueless, the 'military professionalism' is a joke
    No opportunities to advance (I asked).
    Management cares more about clients than employees.
    This company will make you perform duties that are nowhere in the realm of security.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest to your employees, dancing around the bush of professionalism makes you look less so.

Provides a stable work environment at best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo unnecessary military style supervision and harassment by field supervisors.Management lets Security officers work at a fixed location and do not move them around to different accounts. Giving you a chance to prove themselves in their respective posts. Very flexible when it comes to taking days off.

ConsSome of management has a phobia for dealing with officers directly. HR really makes you feel like you are at the bottom of the dung heap in terms of careers and intellect if you are a security guard.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees know that there are opportunities to progress within the company.

worst security company I have ever worked for.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Manteno, IL

ProsIf you are a person of color this is the company for you. The office management team seem to be anti-white and will not hear anything you have to say.

ConsDo not be a white person and try to work for this company.

Advice to Senior Managementquit being racists.

Ok job if you have no self-respect

Unarmed Security (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsLenient on uniform regulations (probably depending on site but my tattoos can show and i can keep my beard trimmed without having to shave), ability to pick up and move to a different site if you don't like the one you're at, easy to get certified with, if you get fired from a site they just transfer you to a different one, easy with time off for the most part, easy to get hired though if you have any sort of experience.

ConsLow wages unless you're lucky (I make 10.50 and that its on the very high side for unarmed), poor management and office employees (took 6 months and multiple attempts for direct deposit to go through without the card-yes it is possible), the pay card they try to sell you is stupid and full of fees and regulations, transferring locations (from branch to branch) is basically the same as a new hire process, +all the other cons of being in a contract company (have to do whatever the site wants you to do, your site could get replaced by different company, and depending on how strict your site is the turnover rate can be very high), you pay for uniforms, training, certs, re-certs, etc..., no paid vacations until 2 years or full-time work is in, and they do it by how many hours you worked, very boring. VERY boring, terrible benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf taxes aren't taking enough of our money, you are taking more and underpaying us. This isn't McDonalds, give your employees some respect.

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!