U.S. Security Associates

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
2.2

Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • If your looking for an easy job, they don't get easier than this one (in 7 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very inconsistent, NO opportunity for advancement (in 8 reviews)

• There are no raises or cost of living increases (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Primarily a 'Give What You Get' Job.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job is not labor intensive
    For beginners or a fall back
    Really hard to get fired once you have a decent schdule

Cons

Hard to get a schedule
    They tend give you horrible hours.
    No benefits
    No good leadership
    If there's a problem don't expect it to be fixed
    Vacation hard to take (from my experience).

Advance Security

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have nothing good to say

Cons

Insurance suck; supervisors who don't listen when they need to

Would have been better if you don't rehire individuals that pull no-call no shows, and then promote them

Reported racially motivated comments against my race, name calling, company did nothing in fear of loosing the account

Current Employee - Security Officer, Concierge  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer, Concierge in Plano, TX

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highest pay rate starting at $11.00 within the security industry

Cons

Most contract companies like this one threaten to fire you indiscriminately. Contract companies like US Security Associates are not considerate of their employees due to fear of losing their contract account particularly with JCPENNY, Plano TX where I was posted. If the client, i.e. JCPenny account, did not like the way an officer look they would ask to have you transferred to another post. And US Security Associates would transferred based on availability if you were a good officer or fire you

Don't sweep serious issues under the carpet. "Equal employee employment" means Equal employee employment and should be taken seriously even if it means loosing an account

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Branch Office staff, Corporate staff are unrealistic and not consistent.

Current Employee - Site Supervisor  in  Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our branch office runs very smoothly and operates efficiently. Great manager to work for. She will bend over backwards to help every employee. Sometimes sacrificing her own health just to make sure we the officers are taken care of. Most of the Supervisors follow her lead and do this as well.

Cons

The people above the Branch Office level at the Business Unit are a bunch of morons that cannot lead a horse to water. They cannot figure out why we can't keep employees when they only pay officers $9.50/hr and right next door to our branch office is a fast food burger joint that openly advertises they start their employees at $11. It's all about putting profits in their pockets at Corporate and not caring about the employees actually working in the field. There are no raises or cost of living increases. In 5 years the only raises I received were from Promotion. "Hourly wage is all based on the contract with that client." Well, they need to approve better contracts and allow our branch office to raise wages by giving a bigger percentage of the Bill Rate to the officer. The Business Unit has also turned a blind eye when we have provided proof that a Regional Manager knowingly broke the law and continued to do so with no consequences.

Don't worry about your DL, Profit Margin per account, etc. By under paying your officers, the good ones leave and the ones that do stay will most likely end up either costing you to lose the account or leave after a couple pay checks and stick you with the bill for their training time and initial employee costs such as background checks and licensing. Pay your Supervisors more than a $1/hr more than their employees.

terrible company to work for

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if you are trying to gain some work experience then you can get that out of this company.

Cons

after three years we got our pay lowered. no one cares about the workers. they will throw you under the bus the first chance they get.

management should really take a minute to listen to what the everyday guards have to say. it would save them from having to hire and fire so many people. and they may save some accounts in the process.

No raises; no shift difference pay (overnight); no appreciation long hours schedule sucks

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Do the job and no problem..... There until you decide to leave

Cons

Worst hours and hard to get a fixed set schedule.... You're just a number to them

Pay attention to your good reliable employees..... Appreciation and better management every sector if company. Thanks

One of the top four security companies.

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company offers fair compensation for the industry and gives good direction for staff

Cons

Promotion potential is limited to your willingness to re-locate

Chill job

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a patrol driver you spend most of your time on your own without supervision. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Long shifts, not a lot of interaction with other people if you are a patrol driver. Not a lot of opportunity for career advancement.

Major Company,Lack Of Communication

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a big company,pay better than some other companies in Atlanta.Interesting Online Class.

Cons

There is a severe lack of communication.Unless you go to the office you can't get in contact with people there.Can't leave messages cause their mailboxes are always full. And they don't return calls or e-mails.This seems to be the hammond office,For a major company i am disappointed.

Stay in touch with your officers when they need things.

Pretty boring but

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Grayson, KY
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Grayson, KY

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours are not bad. Great for people wanting to work part-time, starts out a little over minimum wage. Management wasn't bad. Always by yourself

Cons

No benefits, fairly low pay

U.S. Security Associates Photos

Worked for U.S. Security Associates? Contribute to the Community!