U.S. Security Associates

Updated April 22, 2015
301 reviews filtered by
2.3
Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • If your looking for an easy job, they don't get easier than this one (in 8 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is too low for the job they want you to do, No raises, insurance is horrible (in 15 reviews)

• No advancement into supervisor/manager roles (in 9 reviews)

Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Jenkintown, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Jenkintown, PA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, Good hours,

Cons

Nothing much, most of the officers are always using cellphone.

Advice to Management

Try to hire people who really want to work. Most of the time officers are using cellphone.

2. I work for us security associates one year one month, answering phones write up logbook monitor camera .

Former Employee - Full-Time in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Full-Time in New York, NY

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

It's a good company to work with but I am not getting full hours but I enjoyed working for them.

Cons

I am not getting enough hours

Advice to Management

I love to work with any company providing enough hours, because I like to work.

3. Security Officer

Former Employee - Security Officer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at U.S. Security Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

It was one of the greatest employers I had been employed with in North Carolina. We ensure that all areas of United Postal Service was a safe environment.

Cons

The only downside that I did experience was having quiet moments on the weekends. I enjoyed meeting and greeting with people doing the week. I enjoyed staying busy and helping the need of each and every individual.

Advice to Management

Continue to run a smooth and organized operation. Continue to enforce A strick environment so that no one that is unauthorized to again entry into the pub. In other words, keep up the good work.

5. administrative assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in North Charleston, SC

I worked at U.S. Security Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with good benefits

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. Good company.

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

lots of overtime if your willing.

Cons

pay is too low for there guards.

Advice to Management

raise your pay

7. Excellent Security Company

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is on time to answer or respond to your questions. Payroll is usually on time. Contracts are friendly and treat guards the way they want themselves to be treated.

Cons

Being a former supervisor, you're called up anytime to work long hours after working overtime.
    Some of the uniforms are used and sometimes you get ones that were worn by previous employees

Advice to Management

Update the uniforms, patch & Give guards and supervisors the option of wearing polo shirts during the hot temperature days.

8. Awesome company to work for, excellent in-depth training an outstanding leadership.

Current Employee - Securities Officer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Securities Officer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Comprehensive training, plenty of room in opportunity for growth. Social interaction and a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

Sometimes there are long hours, and you may find yourself staring at a gate or door for long periods of time but that's about the worst thing

Advice to Management

Touch base with your officers regularly throughout shift. Or make them do something to detour them from falling asleep.

9. I worked with this company for 7 years. I was very loyal. This company only cares about money. Forget about a raise!

Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The hours. Depending on the site you work at. Hours can be negotiated.

Cons

You will never get a raise. Manager needs a wake up call.

Advice to Management

The good officers that work for you need to be recognized, promoted, and respected.

10. Data entry..

Current Employee - Data Entry, Clerical in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Entry, Clerical in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Close to home, Great site supervisor, Great work environment.

Cons

In and out of weather.

Advice to Management

More meetings.

U.S. Security Associates Response

Feb 13, 2015Marketing Team

Thank you very much! Knowing that our employees are developing great working relationships is a key motivation for our management team. Thank you for your contribution and productivity!

US Security Associates cares about the process and performance of their employees

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being a national company, US Security Associates (Advance Security in AZ) has an online application process that they use for qualified applicants. The system is monitored regularly to make sure that qualified candidates are put through the process as efficiently and timely as possible. We look for the best possible candidates to fill our open positions. The process is longer than some security companies, but it is uniform in its process through the country. This is to make sure that we get the best people to work for our clients from every angle. The application process is the best gauge in the country to make sure we hire the best candidates at the time. Candidates also have the responsibility to make sure they follow the application process and complete the applications fully. Not doing this, slows the entire process down and wastes valuable time in the hiring. This system will not allow candidates to move on to the next stage of the process without completing the current stage they are in.

Cons

The application process could be frustrating at time because this is a new system and the learning curve does take time to master. The operations managers are required to look at their applicants on a daily basis. Some of the time frames in processing applicants are beyond are control because we have o wait for other companies finish their portion of the paperwork to get applicants through the next stage. Backgrounds for US Security Associates are done by a seperate thrid-party vendor, which takes up to 3-10 days depending on where the applicant has lived in the past ten years. Motor Vehicle records can take 2-3 days to receive, and the processing of the guard license can take as much as 3 weeks. This is what slows our hiring process down. Once someone is hired, it also takes about 1-2 days to get the candidate into the system so we can schedule them to their first job site. It does take time to hire good people, but our retention rate is over 94%. That says it all in the security industry.

U.S. Security Associates Photos