U.S. Security Associates

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • Was an easy job nice people to work with (in 8 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises given unless you move to a site that pays more (in 15 reviews)

• No advancement opportunities, or room to grow (in 9 reviews)

1. Suprisingly Stable Despite Questionable Management

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate employees like myself were treated fairly well.
    Structure is generally efficient within a single department.
    Sales team seems well coordinated, number of contracts grows consistently.
    Little interference with personal life for employees outside the guard hierarchy.

Cons

Very low respect for the employees who form the backbone of the organization: security guards. These employees are often treated as an expendable and infinite resource. To a lesser extent, the same applies to newer branch corporate employees.
    Conflicting official and unofficial policies resulted in questionable decisions on a weekly (if not daily) basis. Ethical reviews are coached for and treated as a test to pass rather than a standard to follow.
    Little motivation among employees to perform above and beyond with a culture that worships the status quo.
    Extremely poor compensation when compared position to position with other companies (sometimes 3-4 TIMES lower salaries in addition to poor benefits).

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the importance of guard relations and developing good employees rather than trying to find them. Emphasize this until turnover is at least half current numbers. The branch I worked at had nearly 90% yearly turnover, which is unquestionably inefficient and potentially harmful in the long run. Treat guards as full members of the company, offering them the same benefits as you do others.

Make reporting ethical issues safer and easier for employees by spreading contact information and making it clear that it is a focus for the company, with no exceptions for management.

Offer bonuses to entire branches for retention and growth, not just to sales and branch managers. Everyone, from HR to Accounting, to Operations, and even security guards, contributes to the success of a branch. If bonuses are out of the question (despite them existing for the aforementioned managers), pay office workers a reasonable, if not competitive, wage.

2. U.S. Security Officer

Current Employee - U S Security Officer in Woodbury, NJ
    Current Employee - U S Security Officer in Woodbury, NJ

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This job helped me stay afloat until something better came my way.

Cons

I never received any pay raises while I was working for them.

3. Security officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates (More than 3 years)

Pros

The site and duties, dealing with customers is my speciality. I enjoy what I do in helping others.

Cons

The management is not the greatest. They don't really look after they employees.

Advice to Management

They needs to really take care of the situations or problems that the officer may in counter with the other officers (immediately)

5. okay not bad

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice company better than Allied Barton

Cons

Very little nice sites no hassle

Advice to Management

Need to.hire experience

6. Great

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Great place to work something new everyday and new people everyday. F fvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Cons

Can't say anything bad about the company

Advice to Management

Great

Us security associates.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can leave sites and go home early. Especially on overnight construction sites. No one really checks to see if your there. A supervisor showed up once to check on me and he was drunk. That was the only time someone checked on me.

Cons

Your checks are usually wrong. Your missing hours. You have to deal with site supervisors who think they're better than you even though your all security guards making chump change. No advancement opportunities. Management is incompetent. Pay is low. No raises given. If you are hard up for a job you can work here until you find something better. I mean it is security so you can't expect to much. Average pay is 10hr.

Advice to Management

Be professional. When employees see you're incompetent and lazy and don't want to do your job. They will act the same way. Learn communication skills. Speak to people like you would want them to speak to you.

8. Worse than my former employer

I worked at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

its a paycheck, that's about it

Cons

Man oh man, its been a few years since I worked for these jokers, but I still remember my negative experience with them. It wasn't too hard to get on with them; they seem to take anyone. The only real training they give you is an 8 hour video where the narrator doesn't seem to know how to read a sentence. When it's done they send you all over the place just to get everything you need to start working. I had to go to the KCPD crime lab to be fingerprint, and then drive clear out to Lenexa, KS to get the security license. The officers at the Lenexa PD said they were having problems with USSA. I lived in Pleasant Hill, MO at the time and I had to drive clear to Lenexa, KS to the jobsite.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, im going into brief detail as to WHY I thought this company was a joke. When your not checking peoples bags, your constantly starring at the security monitor going through the cameras. There really was no challenge to the job, it was actually mind-numbingly boring. The officer that I worked with most of the time, I can't say I liked him too well; no personality and kind of a jerk. After 14 days, I ended up getting laid off because they "over hired" and they had to redo their Management. I didn't want to wait for them to get their act together so I just mailed my uniforms back to them and called it a job.

Overall, they really don't tell you nothing and their not very specific on anything. Long story short; I sit through all that training, get all my credentials, just to be laid off 14 days later. Wow, wonderful company aren't they?

Advice to Management

I have no advice to offer since I wasn't even there for a month.

9. Refuse To Pay Employees

Current Employee - Security Officer in Glasgow, KY
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Glasgow, KY

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Easy work
    overtime constantly available
    Choose your shift
    8 and 12 hour shifts

Cons

I highly recommend avoiding anything to do with U.S. Security Associates at all costs to anyone. I am still working to get paid from over 2 months ago. I worked 70 hours per week, there was nothing but drama from the supervisors and staff. Very immature all together. All legal paperwork, employee files, etc was stored on a public drive and in a desk without a lock; easily available to anyone and everyone to do as they please with anyone's personal info. Worst place I've ever worked and zero respect or gratitude shown. The company has already been sued for millions in 2015. Stay far away from @USAOfficer

Advice to Management

listen to employee suggestions

10. Don't work for them

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Memphis, TN

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy money to be made

Cons

Low paying, unfair, always has their favorites, very basis to everything, expects you to he a workhorse

Advice to Management

Pay more, treat everybody equally

11. Excellent company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked for very organized and a very well respected company.

Cons

Could improve on answering the phones, and returning calls in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Please make sure calls are returned.

RSS Feed </> Embed