U.S. Security Associates

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • Was an easy job nice people to work with (in 8 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises given unless you move to a site that pays more (in 15 reviews)

• No advancement opportunities, or room to grow (in 9 reviews)

1. Guard

Former Employee - Security Guard in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in San Diego, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule. Job location was close to home

Cons

Manager would not listen to problems had with supervisor who did not work with.They just fire you and hire someone else

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and listen to people that work under supervisors.Don't allow staff to bring sex magazines to work

2. Sgt.

Current Employee - Sgt Security Officer in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Sgt Security Officer in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule is a plus and the work load isnt to heavy

Cons

Pay and raises and frequent policy changes without being passed down

3. US Security Review

Current Employee - Security Guard in Riverdale, GA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Riverdale, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like that this company chooses what site you will work at based on where you live. I also like that the associates that were at my specific site were very helpful and friendly, an awesome learning experience for those who are just starting in the security field.

Cons

I did not like not knowing who to contact for anything: the site or US Security Associates. There should be one to two people I need to contact: the manager for both parties involved.

Advice to Management

Organization is needed!

5. Not the worst place

Former Employee - Security Officer in Hewitt, NJ
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Hewitt, NJ

I worked at U.S. Security Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Paid every week, i enjoyed the people i worked with for the few years that i was there

Cons

although we got payed, getting our checks was a nightmare 60% of the time. They would sometimes have the checks dropped off in a "general" location for the surrounding accounts but we never knew where. It was an hour manhunt to find which location they left them at.

6. Security officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Carmel, IN

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are outside most of the shift most of the people are nice to work with

Cons

Low pay crappie hr & when they mess up your hrs & they will, they don't care plus I've been through 3 directors in 8 month's its a high turnover rate oh & they are very petty.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees not just the directors

7. Okay, place to work but cheap for wages.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Stockton, CA

Pros

Operations Manager does a good job trying to finding me extra hours but not steady by any means!!

Cons

Hard to get 40 hours a week with no benefits as a bonus!!

Advice to Management

Try to get 40 hour work a week for your employees that need full time work and how about some benefits options since none are offered unless your salary vested?

8. ""

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not unemployed and i receive 40 or more hours a week

Cons

There is no work to do this is a job meant for lazy people 12 people have quit or relocated since I have worked here. My uniforms are falling apart I have been requesting new ones for 4 months still no new ones. Boss is unappreciative. This company is not a good career I am desperately trying to get another job with good benefits and a chance to advance. I have been with the company for 2 years. I can't quit because I have to pay bills.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated

9. Temp Agency For Security Position's

Pros

Interview with the potential place of Hire at Roxbury Community College The interviewer was a nice guy, However he swayed away from talking more about the position, Instead went into how bad the officer's were. This does not sit well with someone trying to work at a place with constant bashing from someone who is higher up. Telling it how it is sometimes is not the best way of going about things.

Cons

I came into the somerville,Ma office which was dirty seeing as they were in the mix of moving upstairs which was even more filthy. they have you refill out an application once again as an online application isn't enough for being in 2015, Staff is highly unprofessional one lady continue to swear up and down as she sifted through files, I eventually met with my interviewer who at first came off as a nice and helpful person, After we figured out on going with a Supervisor position. a week later i contacted her and she stated she would call me that following day no contact was made and she stated she was busy which is understandable when calling in people to interview at inconvenient hours, however stating you will make a call and not follow up is unprofessional! mind you the first contact she made was through via text message at around 10 at night it wasn't about the time but she should have called not send a text! which was also unprofessional. After running my background check a few weeks later i received my copy of document's which stated i never mention having a misdemeanor for DTP which is false because i always list this seeing as its such a minor offense. Later i received a letter from GIS declining an offer of employment. I Have worked for the Federal government whose background check's are extensive and grants you a secret security clearance which tower's over this so called security agency and i ts background check. I'm not upset about being decline a position im actually glad that i don't have to work for an unorganized place.

Advice to Management

Not sure what advice to give to management because i saw no type of management skill's in any one who works there. Leave contract work offer some kind of advancement to make more money the salaries are a joke and you wonder why you get workers who are non compliant and don't care for the work or even to excel because there is no where to excel besides moving to a new job site.

10. lpo

Current Employee - LPO in Dade (Portugal)
    Current Employee - LPO in Dade (Portugal)

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and very understanding when it comes to emergency situations. Good management good benefits.

Cons

Low pay, management is a little disorganized. Need to be.able to.work independently if not.you won't last in the job.

11. Security Officer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I give 110% to my job, never late, I am a hard worker and care about what I do.

Cons

I have no downsides of this job, I am a team player

Advice to Management

Would work hard to move up in any positions

RSS Feed </> Embed