U.S. Security Associates Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
282 reviews filtered by
2.3
Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • If your looking for an easy job, they don't get easier than this one (in 8 reviews)

• easy work nothing extremely difficult but it all depends on the account you are located at (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is too low for the job they want you to do, No raises, insurance is horrible (in 15 reviews)

• No advancement into supervisor/manager roles (in 9 reviews)

1. In Between Job

Current Employee - Security Officer in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Riverside, CA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Lots of overtime, easy, a paycheck. No field supervisor that actually supervises. The company has no other pros.

Cons

Low pay, bad management, favoritism, unprofessional

2. A waste of time!

Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and that's about it.

Cons

Managers and supervisors are horrible, unorganized, unprofessional, uneducated, & most of all useless! Worked at a site for 5 years & never received a raise. The representative for the site told employees that we got raises but the company keeps the raise for themselves. The Atlanta branch office needs to be completely restaffed with people fit to do the job! The only good thing I got out of them was a lengthy employment history! Thanks a bunch!

Hire better managers to lead the team! Stop just looking for a slot to fill to keep your pockets paid & act like you care about the people you hire!

3. Its ok

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Very easy work, most of the time you are just walking around doing your checks

Cons

Horrible communication between management, the employee turnover rate is the worst. Not enough staffing so it is impossible to request days off

Plan in your budget some overtime to allow deserving employees take some time off

5. Good income for the amount of work required.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was very easy to complete the tasks expected of you. I never had to take my work home with me. Compensation to work ratio was very good.

Cons

Management ranges wildly depending on the site. This can lead to negative reports given the strict attitudes of some captains vs others. For example some captains expected tours to be done at all times while other only required a tour an hour. Captains did not observe the rules the expected officers to abide by. Such as eating, phone use, leaving posts, paper work, etc.

Advertise positions more widely so that you can better select those who work for you. The job and compensation are at a greater tier than the employees that you hire. Keep a better relationship with onsite managers and know their expectations.

6. Good company.

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

lots of overtime if your willing.

Cons

pay is too low for there guards.

raise your pay

7. Excellent Security Company

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management is on time to answer or respond to your questions. Payroll is usually on time. Contracts are friendly and treat guards the way they want themselves to be treated.

Cons

Being a former supervisor, you're called up anytime to work long hours after working overtime.
    Some of the uniforms are used and sometimes you get ones that were worn by previous employees

Update the uniforms, patch & Give guards and supervisors the option of wearing polo shirts during the hot temperature days.

8. The work for USA was pretty easy, however the branch in Salem NH is dysfunctional and takes advantage of employees.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Salem, NH

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great for college students. I got to do homework & study. You won't find a job with minimum training and no work at all for $12hr. Not a long-term career.

Cons

Mismanaged, Poor scheduling, supervisor downtalking employees, no praise for handwork, takes advantage of harder working employees, miscommunication amongst facility & staff

I am sure not all branches are like this but Salem was hard to work for. Management was frequently changing the schedule and giving minimum notice to cover shifts. Just too much going on for me with a busy life. They also didn't take consideration of my education.

9. Nearly every aspect of operation mishandled

Former Employee - Assistant Site Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Site Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of a single upside to working for this organization: the company I had been working for was bought-out by them. I left within a year of that, and would've left sooner had the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

After buying-out the previous company, USSA changed little to nothing other than reducing wages which was accompanied by constant pay problems (e.g. employees receiving much less in their checks vs. the amount of hours they worked); even almost a year after the buy-out our Account Manager was clueless about USSA and came out & said he's just trying to maintain the status quo; unmatched 401k

Take a more active role in communicating with both USSA corporate and the employees with "boots on the ground," and share the information you learn through that communication.

10. easy job to get into if you are looking for quick work. easy money, not alot all be it. slightly above minimum wage

Current Employee - Security Officer in Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Redlands, CA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

easy to get into, easy money, some overtime opportunities

Cons

pay is near minimum wage, hours and days off subject to change without notice, Management is more of a pain than anything else

Give officers more freedom, we are security yet get treated as if we were regular employees. also provide more opportunities for advancement into higher positions without having to be in the "in" crowd or suck up to upper management.

11. Good company to work for a high school student.

Current Employee - Security Guard in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Oakland, CA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Lots of over time pay if you are willing to work.

Cons

Management, time off, schedule change, other facility needs.

Please pay more attention to employees and their needs.

U.S. Security Associates Photos