U.S. Security Associates

Reset

1. security officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

they are nationwide, you decide or have to relocate, you will have a job. and your branch office is there to help. no jobs are minimum wage. their benefits are fair. their training is very good. they are a very highly respected company. they have very good sites.

Cons

need to hire more females

Advice to Management

na

2. ""

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not unemployed and i receive 40 or more hours a week

Cons

There is no work to do this is a job meant for lazy people 12 people have quit or relocated since I have worked here. My uniforms are falling apart I have been requesting new ones for 4 months still no new ones. Boss is unappreciative. This company is not a good career I am desperately trying to get another job with good benefits and a chance to advance. I have been with the company for 2 years. I can't quit because I have to pay bills.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated

3. Temp Agency For Security Position's

Pros

Interview with the potential place of Hire at Roxbury Community College The interviewer was a nice guy, However he swayed away from talking more about the position, Instead went into how bad the officer's were. This does not sit well with someone trying to work at a place with constant bashing from someone who is higher up. Telling it how it is sometimes is not the best way of going about things.

Cons

I came into the somerville,Ma office which was dirty seeing as they were in the mix of moving upstairs which was even more filthy. they have you refill out an application once again as an online application isn't enough for being in 2015, Staff is highly unprofessional one lady continue to swear up and down as she sifted through files, I eventually met with my interviewer who at first came off as a nice and helpful person, After we figured out on going with a Supervisor position. a week later i contacted her and she stated she would call me that following day no contact was made and she stated she was busy which is understandable when calling in people to interview at inconvenient hours, however stating you will make a call and not follow up is unprofessional! mind you the first contact she made was through via text message at around 10 at night it wasn't about the time but she should have called not send a text! which was also unprofessional. After running my background check a few weeks later i received my copy of document's which stated i never mention having a misdemeanor for DTP which is false because i always list this seeing as its such a minor offense. Later i received a letter from GIS declining an offer of employment. I Have worked for the Federal government whose background check's are extensive and grants you a secret security clearance which tower's over this so called security agency and i ts background check. I'm not upset about being decline a position im actually glad that i don't have to work for an unorganized place.

Advice to Management

Not sure what advice to give to management because i saw no type of management skill's in any one who works there. Leave contract work offer some kind of advancement to make more money the salaries are a joke and you wonder why you get workers who are non compliant and don't care for the work or even to excel because there is no where to excel besides moving to a new job site.

5. The company has neat uniforms not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Security Supervisor, Security Guards in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor, Security Guards in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at U.S. Security Associates (More than 10 years)

Pros

decent pay benefits package is average.

Cons

not much on recognition for the work officers do.

Advice to Management

Take care of your officers and they'll take care of you!

6. guard

Current Employee - Security Guard in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours and you can grow within the comapny

Cons

you have to travel far to get a decent pay rate. high turnover rate

7. as long as you don't ever want a raise...

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, starting pay, good coworkers for the most part

Cons

Being lied to and blamed for things that were the fault of the office personnel. Too much drama and childish behavior.

8. Security officer

Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The post site they assign me to.

Cons

No comment in these particular areas.

Advice to Management

Be more caring for the officers that's much loyal and truthful to you and the company.

9. Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers. at site. No dislikes.

Cons

None to list here at this time

Advice to Management

No advise at this time

10. It was ok.

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

The hours were steady as a full timer and we got paid on a weekly bases.

Cons

No raises in salary and the benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and try and get better contracts with clients. Also provide more training to have better qualified guards for large corporations.

Us security associates.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can leave sites and go home early. Especially on overnight construction sites. No one really checks to see if your there. A supervisor showed up once to check on me and he was drunk. That was the only time someone checked on me.

Cons

Your checks are usually wrong. Your missing hours. You have to deal with site supervisors who think they're better than you even though your all security guards making chump change. No advancement opportunities. Management is incompetent. Pay is low. No raises given. If you are hard up for a job you can work here until you find something better. I mean it is security so you can't expect to much. Average pay is 10hr.

Advice to Management

Be professional. When employees see you're incompetent and lazy and don't want to do your job. They will act the same way. Learn communication skills. Speak to people like you would want them to speak to you.

U.S. Security Associates Response

Jul 30, 2015 – Marketing Team

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the compensation offered you during your time here at USA. Our compensation and benefits package is competitive within the ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed