UBS

UBS Reviews in Stamford, CT

Updated Jul 25, 2014

UBS CEO Sergio P. Ermotti

Sergio P. Ermotti

Pros
  • work-life balance; office culture; staff education (in 133 reviews)

• Decent work-life balance, relaxed work environment, corporate perks (in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is appalling if one wishes to get promoted (in 29 reviews)

• Lack of clear strategy due to too many senior management changes (in 53 reviews)

More Highlights
110 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good opportunity to rotate through jobs every few years

Associate Director Project Manager (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe firm has really good benefits, now that they moved to Windows 7 - it is really easy to get the software to make your job easier. The people are fun even when working their butts off. Fun to work with people globally.

ConsThere are less promotions available, lots of change currently due to restructuring, many roles are being downsized, outsourced or near shored to TN. I have found that the managers just expect you to get the work done no matter the hours you need to put in for the day..

Great work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe people who work at this office are fantastic. It is a beautiful building and right across the street from the Stamford train station. Some of the smartest people in the business work at this office.

ConsNot a great office location if you are young and looking for a fun city to work in. However, the location makes for an easy commute via the train.

Not going well at the moment

Financial Analyst, Investment Banking (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

Prosrelaxed working environment. people can be friendly.. but not always

Conseverything else..low career opportunities. Low upper management guidance

Advice to Senior Management...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fulfilling

Trader (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsAssociate camaraderie, above average benefits

ConsPay, hours, demanding culture required

Transparent as mud

Support Analyst (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGreat people to work with, across the globe. Incidents get solved; I've experienced real teamwork when it matters.

ConsPromotion and advancement don't seem to be based on merit. Management announces some "new improvement in process" but then it's back to the same old same old. Knowledge is not valued as much as it used to be (too expensive?). No training. No advancement. People in Stamford beginning the exit, now that the jobs are moving to Nashville. Depressing overall culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us like adults and inform us of the plan for our area.

Could be better

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsIf you have the right manager behind you, then your opportunities will be good when it comes to career growth.

ConsWork life balance is very good. Depending on the department you can work from home when necessary. Laid back attitude in the office.

There is not much room for growth but allowed me to utilize my skills.

Records Administrator (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe ability to utilize all of my skills and knowledge about various computer programs. Also the pay rate & raises were decent.

ConsThere was not much room for growth within the business

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Summar Analyst

Summer Analyst (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsSteep learning curve, largest trading floor in the world makes it a good place to understand what a sell side trader and salespeople do

ConsObviously comes with the usual cons associated with a trading floor - adrenaline pumped, filled with bros

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let talent slip

Opportunity if you can reinvent yourself

Director (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGood work life balance, opportunity to work remotely as long as you do your work, pay is improving, generally good people. Worst days are behind UBS.

ConsTurns a blind eye to blatant slackers which affects morale

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the latest key principles are not just words.

UBS is a good place to work if you are a new employee, but not so much for a long term employee.

Director (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGood benefits, but they are being scaled back.

ConsBad work life balance, decreasing compensation levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen will all the lay offs stop?

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!