UC Davis Reviews

Reset
4.1
UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi
Linda Katehi

Pros
  • Work-life balance is amazing - my supervisor is very flexible and I am able to honor my family commitments (in 12 reviews)

• People are friendly and helpful (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Budget cuts are resulting in layoffs and general downsizing (in 8 reviews)

• Low pay and unorganized at times (in 7 reviews)

1. Nice Campus

Current Employee - California in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - California in Davis, CA

I have been working at UC Davis

Pros

The University of California, Davis, is a major public research university located in Davis, California, just west of Sacramento.

Cons

The UC Davis Aggies athletic teams compete in the NCAA Division I level, primarily in the Big West Conference as well as the Big Sky Conference (Football only) and the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. In its first year of full Division I status, 11 UC Davis teams qualified for NCAA post-season competition.

2. Working as a TA

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant

I worked at UC Davis part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TA work allowed me to support myself during my graduate studies without taking up a large amount of time. The more efficient you are with some tasks (like grading) the more quickly you can finish. Leading discussion sections is a joy if you like teaching.

Cons

Grading work often comes in bursts (like after a test) that can take up most of your time in the short term. It is also very repetitive.

Advice to Management

More feedback from students about discussion sections would be helpful for adjusting teaching style.

3. Junior Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at UC Davis part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment, great benefits, wonderful people. I learned so much here. I would definitely work for UC Davis again

Cons

Some of the cons at UC Davis were based around salary for part time employees, even though it was a great learning environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep on bringing in amazing people into the system. I really enjoyed working with all the professors here and highly recommended it.

5. Review of Member Service Attendent at ARC

Current Employee - Member Service Attendant in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Member Service Attendant in Davis, CA

I have been working at UC Davis part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get shifts traded. Good community of people that I work with. Pretty laid back work enviroment

Cons

Early mornings and late nights. Does not give you a huge amount of specific work experience. Rude patrons

Advice to Management

Do as they said they will and help us through mock interviews. Continue to ask for our input.

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Staff Research Associate
    Current Employee - Staff Research Associate

I have been working at UC Davis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful benefits, job security, safe and clean campus, ample parking, paid vacation time accrued at a decent rate, plenty of sick time separate from vacation hours

Cons

Low pay compared to comparable job descriptions outside of academia or UC for that matter. Not too many perks offered other than health benefits and retirement. Only an annual staff function campus wide and others offered vary department.

7. research assistant

I have been working at UC Davis

Pros

UC davis provides great health insurance.
    The culture and environment is a good fit for me.

Cons

There is really no compliant.
    The reason i want to leave is my team will move to another location.

8. ARC Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I worked at UC Davis

Pros

I worked for CRU for two years as an undergraduate. I loved it because the management staff was always considerate of a student's needs, and because all your coworkers were also students, everyone understood when you needed a shift covered or traded in order to study. You also got a discount at the bookstore, on cap and gown, and on one CRU program package. I wish I hadn't worked off campus as a sophomore because CRU was a much better fit and much better at working around my schedule. It was always a positive environment and I almost always had a great time working.

Cons

The management changed in my second year which resulted in a complete shift of job responsibilities for all levels of employees. The end result was that I was responsible for much less than I had originally been charged with. I think for someone who came in after the change, it wouldn't be an issue. But because I had to relinquish a lot of the tasks I had been trained to do, it felt like a step backwards.

9. teaching assistant

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at UC Davis

Pros

this is a very good work environment, and faculty are very nice . so i think it can prepare people to corporate with other people

Cons

the cons is that sometime workload is very little

10. Supervisor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arbuckle, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arbuckle, CA

I worked at UC Davis part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours that worked with other jobs or time commitments. The staff and management were kind and accepting and fostered a healthy working environment.

Cons

Very busy, taxing work. Work was very fast paced and repetitive. Work often left no time for breaks due to the constant flow of customers.

Advice to Management

Management was always open and willing to hear your perspective on ways of improvement as well as giving advice on how to solve situations and conflicts.

11. lab assistant

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Davis, CA

I have been working at UC Davis

Pros

I am working as a volunteer from June 2014 in U,C Davis, It is friendly place to working .with educated people ,I improve my experience and made my resume over there,

Cons

It is not any downside ,

Advice to Management

Thanke and appreciaate

RSS Feed </> Embed