UC Health

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James A. Kingsbury

HA was great, until it became UC Health.

Alliance Partners (Former Employee)

ProsGreat insurance, team focused, some work/life balance (depended on manager and department), great short term disability/maternity leave.

ConsLow salaries compared to competitors, promotions were political/paybacks, raises never covered insurance increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees feel appreciated - lower your bonuses to ensure decent raises for the rest of your teams.

Neutral

Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe people. I love my department.

ConsNot many opportunities to advance. It's just been my job while in school but for someone who is making it a career there is a long wait if ever of any advancement. Compensation for all that is expected is also not very competitive with other health networks in the area. Restructuring all the time causes confusion and is worrisome.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees from the bottom up, not from the top down.

Good Environment, Great staff-that's as far as it goes

Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsUC Health is a great health system. I've worked at other competitors in the area and UC is the better place to work at. The benefits are great. The PTO is awesome-I'm an entry level manager and will receive 27 days PTO (7 Holidays & 20 Days off). Fortunately, I work with a great staff that is focusing on becoming a leader in the area & state.

ConsPay-Absolutely terrible compared to competitors and similar positions in the area. Annual raises are never guaranteed. If there are raises, they are only between 0.5-3%. The raises are not based on performance-they're hospital wide.
    HR-They are disorganized. Lie about raises after being hired 90 days-They don't happen. It's just a way for you to be brought in at the lowest amount possible (Sadly, this is a common issue).
    Upper management always trying to cut positions and then wonder why tasks cannot be completed.
    Upper management is out of date with the direction of the hospital.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of marveling at Children's advancements or bringing in the Cleveland Clinic to see how they run their hospital-how about initiating the change in a positive direction yourself. Stop being content on being average. Let's also axe the excuses that they system does not have enough money & then turn around and spend on unnecessary items or hire consultants being paid top-dollar. Consider listening to your internal employees. Still individuals on the board from the Health Alliance...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most stressful environment I've ever worked in.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPeople are friendly and helpful. Great place to learn.

ConsFrequent turn around of staff. Under staffed. Extremely stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo many people in management positions. Managers to manage the manager is not necessary.

One of the best employers in Cincy in this economy

Environmental Services (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay, nice HR, good benefits, 401k, they really try to implement the RITE core values and make it a good work environment. You get discounts on a bunch of things just from working there like movie tickets, zoo tickets, hotel discounts and car insurance. They use direct deposit. There's decent and good employee parking areas too.

ConsReally none because the more hours you work you gain PTO time for when u need it.

This organization has been very good to me over the years. I feel appreciated and valued.

Access (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPay is pretty good. Time off is accrued fairly rapidly.

ConsCommute is an 45 min to an hour for anyone outside of Hamilton county.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of staff who are lazy, rude, and incompetent. Years on the job do not justify allowing unacceptable behavior.

Securtiy Officer

Secuirty Officer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsLots of PTO. Good pay. Great benefits. Meet new people.

ConsNo OT. Shift work. Chance of getting hurt on the job.

Wonderful, professional job!

Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsWonderful benefits, great family values, a wonderful way to add in helping the healthcare system

ConsVERY PROFESSIONAL, it you prefer a more laid back environment this is not for you. Even on brief moments when they try to be slightly more personal, it feels forced. That is saying nothing of the people who work their, who are all wonderful very nice great people to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel upper management is excellent where it is. Communication could be a little better but, in all honesty what company could not?

It was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood expierence for the field of social work

ConsManagement dont care about the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement dont care about you

Director of Accounts Payable and Payroll

Director of Accounts Payable and Payroll (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat co-workers
    Awesome Boss
    Great PTO policy

ConsNo 401K match
    too far from Fort Wayne, IN
    Benefits could use some work

Worked for UC Health? Contribute to the Community!