UCD Medical Center

Updated Mar 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great learning environment!

Volunteer In OR (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCD Medical Center part-time for less than a year

ProsA great learning experience with multiple opportunities to advance and further your working knowledge and career. An excellent surgical staff.

ConsSome of the employees can be whiny. Have to veer away from negative people who like to complain. However, most of the employees are amazing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is excellent! They work very hard to keep everything running smoothly and to keep their employees happy and satisfied!

A great learning experience with multiple opportunities to advance and further your working knowledge of your career

Medical Office Service Coordinator/Front Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Benefits, good working environment in most areas, support from supervisory personnel and plenty of opportunities for lateral and forward advancement as well as individual and company wide employee recognition.

ConsA bit front loaded with upper management who do not always act as one voice creating confusion during new procedure implementation. Parking is always a challenge and you have to pay for the privilege of maybe not finding a parking space. (to adapt you just learn to not move your car during the day)

Advice to Senior ManagementBoth executive and workforce employees are integral parts of what makes this hospital successful. Please let your workforce at least weigh in about changes to their daily workflow.

Clinical laboratory scientist

Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCD Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJob security, health benefits, retirement plan.

ConsWorkforce downsizing, job related stress from overload and minimal staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people! People need a vacation or they'll call in sick a lot to make up for It.

Learn basic experience, don't expect too much

Volunteer Internship: CAT SCAN Radiology Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center as an intern for less than a year

Pros-Experience a hospital environment and workspace
-Observe how radiology devices work
-Learn safety protocols and priorities in a hospital environment
-Available for transcript notation

Cons-No dedicated supervisor, relied on technicians to fill out hours sheet and evaluation forms
-Relay of information between Volunteering Services, UCDMC, and ICC is slow
-Not all proposed tasks were given during internship.
-Schedule workaround is difficult.
-Not much to do unless patients are frequent.

HUSC III E6/D6

HUSC III (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat environment to work in, people want to do genuine good for others.

ConsNight shifts are very rough.

Not a bad place to practice medicine

Professor (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCD Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood colleagues, good opportunities for professional interactions. One does not feel isolated working here. There remains a commitment to academic values (teaching and research) along with the busy clinical activity.

ConsIt was better when the University of California was a state-supported University. Now it is essentially a private, non-profit institution. Some of the connection to serving the people of California has been lost, just as the representatives of the people of California have

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement seems to be losing sight of the crucial importance of true academic values. Our ability to attract and retain the best professional staff hinges crucially on the difference between a University setting and a private setting. Don't lose sight of the fundamental importance of academic values.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Amazing opportunity for entry level employees on up to top management

Medical Office Service Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Benefits package for all employees, Unionized for non management positions, Advancement opportunities are everywhere, Management fairly responsive to most employee requests, Multiple avenues for addressing disputes. overall A- (no place is perfect)

ConsSome inconsistencies in application of policies depending on who you talk to, Departments are only as strong as their managers, A distinct lack of training in most positions with a day one responsibility for all aspects of the position you are hired for (at least in my department).

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining, for all aspects of the job you are hired for. It is nit very encouraging to have been employed for a week and be called on the carpet for something you are not aware of, (witnessed multiple episodes of this)

Very professional training and job setting

Pediatric Urgent Care Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat resources, lots of parking, and convenient work settings.

ConsNot in the best part of town, and no control over climate control in offices

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd some shade to parking, and more signs about the shuttle service!

Lab assistant II at UC Davis Department of Internal Medicine

Lab Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center part-time for less than a year

ProsEmployee benefits, insurance, flexible hours. Opportunity to work independently for those who enjoy individual work.

ConsParking is abysmal, even employees have to pay for parking. Not much social interaction. Can get lonesome.

Great place to work

Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee)

I worked at UCD Medical Center

ProsPension pension pension. this place has great benefits, I always received very fair pay and raises. Everyone seems pretty happy. Many learning experiences, interesting pathology. We had nice new machines, good equipment.

ConsThe housekeepers are terrible, always just sitting around are talking in the halls. The pencil pushers upstairs rarely graced us with their presence, we just had to hear through the grape vine that once again the answer is NO.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the people below you, not just the people above you. Although my direct manager was wonderful, they never had support from the big wigs and there is only so much on person can do. We were forced to just get mean and start telling everybody no, we were forced to not run ourselves into the ground to keep up and what did that get us? nothing. we needed another tech, we were exhausted. so now the patients suffer because they must wait over a month to get their test.

Worked for UCD Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCD Medical Center reviews and ratings in Sacramento, CA. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by UCD Medical Center employees.