UDR

www.udr.com

UDR Reviews in Richmond, VA

UDR President & CEO Thomas W. Toomey

Thomas W. Toomey

Pros
  • Good benefits that are in line with the market(in 8 reviews)

• The people below upper management are easy to work with(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Companies like these REIT's deserve their workforce to go union to kill the upper management greed(in 10 reviews)

• I have no idea who anyone is in senior management other than who I had to send emails too or what I found out through my own online research(in 3 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work! Loved the TEAM enviroment, Great Leadership~

District Manager (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat leadership, great bonus program, super benefits!! Loved the Company!!

ConsSometimes the direction of Denver was off base

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was my pleasure working for UDR. I have been looking for another Company to call home since leaving UDR.

Dysfunctional upper management

Director (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPay and benefits good. Middle management good to work for.

ConsThe upper management are overpaid and extremely dysfunctional. Back stabbing was the norm at the Denver HQ. Outside of Denver was fine, as long as you didn't have to interact too much. Looking at Denver? Stay away!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people outside of Denver. Listen and work with each other. Get rid of the hidden agendas in upper management. Why do you have an HR director who is proud of her ability to fire people???

UDR could have potential

Director (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPay and stocks are good. Some of the mid-level managers are fantastic if they can keep them there. The problem with good employees at not so good employers is that they do not stay for long. Their morale goes way down, The benefits and time off is good, but there is no team work or communication between groups so all work stops when you are off.

ConsPoor executive management -- they seem to have a management style akin to a blind man feeling his way around a new room. There is not a single new construction project that is not massively over budget. There is no accountability for those employees above VP and they are given full rein to wreck havoc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe BOD should replace the CEO and all executive managers from the SVP level and up with competent managers who care about the stock price, the employees and the residents and not necessarily in that order.

Worked for UDR? Contribute to the Community!