UDig

Updated October 8, 2014
4.9

UDig CEO Susan Frank
Susan Frank

Pros
  • A few months after I was hired up full time & never looked back (in 7 reviews)

• His approach made me feel if I was the only person that he worked with from 9 to 5 each day (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Paid time off option would be a nice perk (in 3 reviews)

• In roughly 16 months of being at UDig I can't say I've found anything I'd consider a con (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Professional interview and very fast hiring process

Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Tyler, TX

I have been working at UDig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with Wahid on getting placed with my current end client. The process was very professional and I received my offer within a few days. Udig processed my information and had me ready to work in a couple of days after the offer. Everyone at Udig has been very helpful and responsive to any questions I have.

Cons

So far I have had no issues with Udig they have been great and I feel very fortunate to have had such a wonderful hiring process and found such a great position

UDig has been a great place to get recruited through. I got placed in a great match to my skillset

Current Employee - Solution Integration Consultant/Architect in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Solution Integration Consultant/Architect in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UDig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Right from setting up the interview through sending the offer and following up with the client on the contract, UDig has done an excellent job. I could feel a sincere approach from the company and didnt feel any politics played like in some other companies.

Cons

There are no time offs as it was contract offer. So public holidays had to be forced unpaid.

UDig helped my find a fantastic job as Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UDig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I suddenly found myself looking for a new position and was contacted through my LinkedIn profile. My intake with UDig was speedy and they had a few recommendations for me quickly. The interviews were thorough and it was nice to talk to professionals who understood the technologies not just buzzwords. The questions were on point and helped them assess my skills for optimum placement. They followed through on everything they said the would and they have a great benefits package for a placement company. I would gladly recommend UDig to my peers.

Cons

I didn't want to take the placement because it was more of a commute than I wanted.

Great experience! Great people to work with!

Former Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at UDig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This was my first job since I was laid off from a job I had been at for almost 20 years. There was a huge layoff and although you always know it can happen, it kind of surprised me. The uDig team took very good care of me as I transitioned. The team has always been responsive to questions, there were no hidden surprises in my 6 months here at uDig, and what you see is what you get. Rare to find those qualities these days. I was treated extremely well by all uDig employees. I feel a solid relationship has formed and that there will always be opportunities here should I need to seek employment again. The guy that interviewed me and got me the job, Gareth Williams, handled everything and went well above and beyond. Thank you very much Gareth!!

Cons

I had no negative experiences at all.

Keep doing what you're doing. You have a great team!

Apr 30, 2014Director of Recruiting

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear your experience with UDig during your career transition was seamless!

Great Placement Experience

I have been working at UDig full-time

Pros

uDig was great to work with. I was interested in a position they were working on filling. I met with George, who was in my corner every step of the way, from emails, meet and greet, interview and salary/benefits negotiation. I ended up with a great company, and felt like I had an ally the entire way.

You really got the feeling uDig wants to connect the right people with the right job. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for or considering looking into a new job in the tech space.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Apr 23, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback and you are in great hands with George Sirris.. We take a great deal of pride in taking the time to connect the right people with right careers and we are pleased to hear ... More

Honesty, friendliness and professionalism without the bombardment of unnecessary spam job offers.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UDig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with Jeff Bonniwell at UDig has been a truly delightful experience. Jeff took the time to understand my desires in an employer and only contacted me when he found the right fit. I appreciated the reserved constraint not to bombard me with every opportunity he came across. Other consultant firms that contacted me seemed less interested in finding a perfect fit and more interested in hastily moving me in a position without really understanding my current and future needs.
    More importantly I appreciated his honesty when talking about potential employers. I always felt he was giving me good advice and honest feedback when sharing his thoughts on potential employers. Moving jobs can be very stressful and nerve-racking. This made the transition so much easier.

Cons

Thus far, I’ve yet to identify any real cons. The online test UDig gives prior to submitting your resume to potential employers can be a bit disjointed from your actual experience. But I imagine trying to find a test that only questions everyone’s individual experience would be impossible.
    Additionally I’ve worked with other consultant firms that encouraged certifications and continued education with reimbursements, etc… UDig doesn’t offer (to my knowledge) any related perks. This would have been nice.

You’ve done a wonderful job finding employees who truly take the time to understand the desires of candidates. I would continue to encourage this behavior. Developers often get calls from consultant firms that don’t understand their needs. This normally results in spamming developers with unwanted job postings and at times forcing potential employers who are not the right match.

Apr 23, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback and we understand the online test can be a bit disjointed at times.

We hire very carefully internally and Jeff Bonniwell is a great example of someone who knows how to
    ... More

They will find a placement for you.

Current Employee - Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UDig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with Rob Brinkley and he worked tirelessly to get me a placement. One particular opportunity looked very positive but I was not accepted. However, Rob and the UDig team continued to stay in touch and keep searching and didn't give up on me. Each subsequent placement seemed to come closer and closer to what I was looking for. UDig will find your position, the rest is up to you.

Cons

Initially started with lower position on salary.

Apr 30, 2014Director of Recruiting

We are excited to hear Rob Brinkley found the right career opportunity for you. He takes a great deal of pride in staying in touch often and I'm delighted to hear your experience reflects that. We ... More

Great Clients, quick placement

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UDig as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Udig found new project quickly for me after my previous assignment was over. They have great clients that are using latest technologies, great to improve your skillsets and stay up to date. Company provides 401k with impressive match. Whenever I had concerns Udig team was very helpful, they worked with me and always made sure that I am satisfied.

Cons

Wish Udig provided with MSDN subscription and certification reimbursements.

Keep up the good work, like to see Udig expanding other parts of country.

Great Personal Connections For This Contractor BSA

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UDig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience working with the Rob Brinkley and the others in the Richmond team. I felt very connected to the company and appreciated the open communication and the attention they provided. I also very much appreciated the access healthcare benefits at a reasonable cost that was available to me as a contractor/employee. Having this from day 1 was a great benefit. I very much hope to stay with the UDig team for my next contract position.

Cons

Client budget cuts resulted in my contract ending sooner than expected, but Rob has been very diligent in looking for my next career adventure!

Great Opportunities when working with UDig!!

Current Employee - Network Voice Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Network Voice Engineer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at UDig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Udig helped me find not only a job but a career/position I enjoy. The communication between myself and Udig during my contract period was remarkable. I enjoyed working with Jeff Bonniwell and would refer Udig to anyone looking for help in an IT career path.

Cons

Strongly agree with the need for some paid time off as some contracts are longer than expected.

No advice just keep doing what your doing!!