UDig
www.udig.com Richmond, VA 50 to 149 Employees

UDig Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Susan Frank

Pros:
  • "A few months after I was hired up full time & never looked back"
    in 7 reviews
  • "His approach made me feel if I was the only person that he worked with from 9 to 5 each day"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "In roughly 16 months of being at UDig I can't say I've found anything I'd consider a con"
    in 2 reviews
  • "The online test UDig gives prior to submitting your resume to potential employers can be a bit disjointed from your actual experience"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Placement Experience

I have been working at UDig full-time

ProsuDig was great to work with. I was interested in a position they were working on filling. I met with George, who was in my corner every step of the way, from emails, meet and greet, interview and salary/benefits negotiation. I ended up with a great company, and felt like I had an ally the entire way.

You really got the feeling uDig wants to connect the right people with the right job. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for or considering looking into a new job in the tech space.

ConsI do not have any cons.

Honesty, friendliness and professionalism without the bombardment of unnecessary spam job offers.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at UDig full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking with Jeff Bonniwell at UDig has been a truly delightful experience. Jeff took the time to understand my desires in an employer and only contacted me when he found the right fit. I appreciated the reserved constraint not to bombard me with every opportunity he came across. Other consultant firms that contacted me seemed less interested in finding a perfect fit and more interested in hastily moving me in a position without really understanding my current and future needs.
More importantly I appreciated his honesty when talking about potential employers. I always felt he was giving me good advice and honest feedback when sharing his thoughts on potential employers. Moving jobs can be very stressful and nerve-racking. This made the transition so much easier.

ConsThus far, I’ve yet to identify any real cons. The online test UDig gives prior to submitting your resume to potential employers can be a bit disjointed from your actual experience. But I imagine trying to find a test that only questions everyone’s individual experience would be impossible.
Additionally I’ve worked with other consultant firms that encouraged certifications and continued education with reimbursements, etc… UDig doesn’t offer (to my knowledge) any related perks. This would have been nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou’ve done a wonderful job finding employees who truly take the time to understand the desires of candidates. I would continue to encourage this behavior. Developers often get calls from consultant firms that don’t understand their needs. This normally results in spamming developers with unwanted job postings and at times forcing potential employers who are not the right match.

They will find a placement for you.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at UDig as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI had the pleasure of working with Rob Brinkley and he worked tirelessly to get me a placement. One particular opportunity looked very positive but I was not accepted. However, Rob and the UDig team continued to stay in touch and keep searching and didn't give up on me. Each subsequent placement seemed to come closer and closer to what I was looking for. UDig will find your position, the rest is up to you.

ConsInitially started with lower position on salary.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Clients, quick placement

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at UDig as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsUdig found new project quickly for me after my previous assignment was over. They have great clients that are using latest technologies, great to improve your skillsets and stay up to date. Company provides 401k with impressive match. Whenever I had concerns Udig team was very helpful, they worked with me and always made sure that I am satisfied.

ConsWish Udig provided with MSDN subscription and certification reimbursements.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, like to see Udig expanding other parts of country.

Great Personal Connections For This Contractor BSA

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at UDig full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat experience working with the Rob Brinkley and the others in the Richmond team. I felt very connected to the company and appreciated the open communication and the attention they provided. I also very much appreciated the access healthcare benefits at a reasonable cost that was available to me as a contractor/employee. Having this from day 1 was a great benefit. I very much hope to stay with the UDig team for my next contract position.

ConsClient budget cuts resulted in my contract ending sooner than expected, but Rob has been very diligent in looking for my next career adventure!

Phenomenal Experience

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at UDig full-time for less than a year

ProsOverall just a great experience from the get go; from the recruiters, to their HR. As a consultant who has been with several staffing firms in the past, I have yet to find another resembling the business model of UDig. Though they have a relaxed informal approach, which helps differentiate them from other firm, they are in no way lacking in their professionalism and experience. While most recruiters treat the hiring process as an assembly line, UDig take the time to hand pick their candidates. They also take they time to get to know them a bit more intimately, they find out what moves their potential candidates. They even add a touch of permeability by conducting a skype preliminary with a potential candidate, prior to ever positioning you towards a specific job. Overall Awesome experience

ConsMy end clients hour log-in system and UDigs are not n sync, it makes the billable period a bit weird. Additionally, submission deadlines for hours are not are different between the end client and UDig. Asides that I have yet to find any con with UDig.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis may already exists, but some kind of an incentive program for referrals (new candidate for other jobs). I wish I would receive notifications for available jobs, for which I can send referral, to potentially get a referral fee for. Being that I have been in the consulting field for a while, I know a lot of potential candidates I have in my Rolodex, which I can send as referrals to UDig.

Dig what you do

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I worked at UDig full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat experience, people and culture. UDig helped me land a job quickly, while effectively keeping my best interest in line with the business requirements of their client. Their team of recruiters was experience, knowledgeable and worked with me to find the best fit. This is very important today as many companies are only focused on the amount of seats they can fill, regardless of the contract duration or the client need. Specifically, I would like to thank Wahid Osmani, he was instrumental in finding a position that fit my requirements, coaching me through the interview process, as well as helping me with any additional requests I may have had. Full-cycle recruiting! You just don't see it anymore. Good to know someone out there still understands how to manage relationships and can find the right talent for the job. Many thanks UDig

ConsOnly that I wish I found UDig sooner. I would upgrade the time-sheet tool, but perhaps that has been updated.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, continue to develop your talent from within and keep growing

Quick Placement and a Great Fit

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at UDig as a contractor for less than a year

ProsUDig has extensive contacts with the companies that need technology and leadership skills. The recruiters, relationship leads, and staff work well together throughout the selection process and onboarding to be sure the role is a great one for all involved. Communication during the engagement is very good and follow through after the engagement completes is very supportive.

ConsFrom the view of a contract consultant, UDig's challenges are similar to many in this field where job requirements change quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the environment active for the staff. It was great to call in and hear the activities the recruiters, leads, and staff are involved in to keep the energy up and the ideas flowing!

Great experience working as a contractor for UDig.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at UDig full-time for less than a year

ProsUDig helped me get on board quickly and efficiently. I enjoyed working for them on a 6 month to hire contract. Following my term at UDig, they helped me transition to my new position.

ConsI did not have any issues with them. I was an hourly employee and as expected I did not have PTO.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, I look forward to working with UDig in the future.

Works well with people

Process Consultant (Current Employee)
Frederick, MD

I have been working at UDig as a contractor for less than a year

ProsUdig helps to get a job as soon as possible and tries to make sure that you are comfortable where ever you are placed.
Quick to respond to any queries. Helpful people to work with.

ConsNo challenges faced while working with UDig. However can work with employees to provide time off options

Advice to Senior ManagementCan work with hourly employees on time offs

Worked for UDig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UDig reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UDig CEO Susan Frank . All 55 reviews posted anonymously by UDig employees.