UEC Electronics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rebecca Ufkes

Great place to work

ProsGood pay and benefits. Great place to start your career. Promotion is easily attainable in most departments. Just be sure to work hard, be consistent and set yourself apart.

ConsNot exactly a stress free environment. Needs better leadership and structure in some areas in order to handle the growth of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook internally to fill some of the management positions.

Some growing pains, but an overall good company

(Current Employee) Hanahan, SC

ProsI have worked at bad companies and this is not one. It is not perfect but there is plenty of opportunity for ambitious people to achieve success and be recognized for good work at UEC. The people who work here are generally friendly and good at what they do.

ConsMaterial shortages due to (I presume) an obsession with staying "lean". Work often stops because kits are typically only issued just enough material to cover the job. This leaves almost no room for error which is unrealistic. Admittedly, production employees could do better to aid with inventory control but most don't go above and beyond just for improvement's sake.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to motivate employees to personally invest in their work. A sense of ownership and less cynicism at the bottom levels goes a long way to improving the quality of our products and our work experience. Good people attract good people and build a culture that yields satisfaction at every step of the product life cycle.

Management has no real leadership, and creates a hostile environment

Supervision (Former Employee) Hanahan, SC

ProsGood niche company, with potential for numerous areas of growth and expansion. Good location, and well networked in the area.

ConsManagement lacks integrity, the business models changes daily. The executive team are a very closed group who belittle anyone who offers differing views, this includes customers and vendors.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to operate like a billion dollar per year business, the overhead burdens will continue to drain the business. Identify the business models and set up independent groups to run them efficiently. Get quality under control, and use standardized work processes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you love re-work and terrible leadership, this is the place to be.

Engineering Technician (Former Employee) Hanahan, SC

ProsThere is not many pros about this company, I guess the only good thing about this company is the people you work with.

ConsManagement and HR are terrible. Management and supervisors are all about the "buddy" system. Their buddies that work with them can never do no wrong, even if they are third rate technicians. This company believes in re-work, I mean every project has to be re-worked multiple times, which anyone with commen sense will tell you that's how you lose contracts, but they believe this is job security. Also if you have to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water expect dirty looks and complaining, they do not like you leaving your station.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt might be time for you to change leadership and get rid of your dead weight which means lousy technicians have to go, if you keep them they are just gonna cost you more money.

Extremely Nice, Fake, Lots of Smoak and Mirrors, Lowball Salary

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hanahan, SC

ProsJust about everyone is extremely nice, personal and easy to approach. They try to make everyone believe they are a great place to work. If you want a place to work that pays ok with marginal benefits, then this is the place so long as you do your job and keep your head down. Everyone except the management team is very friendly and welcomes you.

ConsHuman resources put on a huge front of being there for the employees but they truly only support their management staff. They make promises of promotions and raises that will never come. If promoted, there is no more money. They Require all office job personnel to be salary with mandatory overtime that you never get paid for. They directly contradict their employee handbook. There is a ton of sexual harassment and it’s a very hostile work environment from management and Human Resourses.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is to the executive team. Be more aware of what is going on in the work place. Listen to the employees and take their advice and dont only side with your management team because its them who are gaing to drive your reputation in the ground or even worse, get UEC sued.

Worked for UEC Electronics? Contribute to the Community!