UGIES

www.ugienergyservices.com

UGIES Reviews

4.0

John L. Walsh

Great company, growing even in slow economy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at UGIES

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The president genuinely cares about everyone who works here and knows everyone by name. The first day I started, I was introduced to everyone in the company. The first week people would come up and ask how I was doing and actually cared about my things going on in my life. Everyone that works here is really nice which makes my job a whole lot easier. I really like having a manager that cares about me as a person and employee. They take time to explain things to me and make sure things are taken care of for me. When things could be running in a more efficient manner my manager is open to my ideas and I can see the changes made in a timely manner. There is no micromanaging here! Our HR guy is great. He communicates well with everyone in our company and takes his job seriously. UGIES has great benefits for the employees and I dont just mean health benefits. We have summer picnics, they send us and our families to Hershey Park every year and have free health exams that we can participate in. This is definitely a company that cares for its employees and definitely one you want to work for!

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to get funding for certain projects or departments. You might have to remember a lot of passwords because each system that is used by the company requires a different log in. There are a lot of forms involved when requesting access to programs or software.

Keep up the good work. Never lose that small company "we are a family" feel to the work place. Everything you do for us is greatly appreciated.

okay overall

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at UGIES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some good people, decent base for sales position

Cons

company has a talent for promoting the wrong people into management. Sales people had different plans, managers favored some sales people over others by supplying deals or leads or were in competition and kept for themselves.

Need to either hire sales management from the outside or train, a good sales person isn't always a good manager.

Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Manager of Supply, Marketing and Risk Management in Reading, PA

I worked at UGIES

Pros

Integrity of management.
    Creative employees encouraged.
    Actively open to ideas of how to provide better service.
    Appreciate their customers.
    Treated employees fairly.
    Expanding into new energy businesses each year creating new opportunities for employees.

Cons

Owned by large parent which limits some freedom of decision
    The parent company puts lots of pressure to increase performance each year.

Doing great job.

Chasing Rabbits

I have been working at UGIES

Pros

- Very opportunistic leadership who know a good idea when they see it.
    - Good corporate cash flow that allows investment in new ventures.
    - Quality employees who are dedicated to their jobs.

Cons

- Lack of unified strategy; chasing every rabbit that they come across.
    - Leadership team lacks focus; too many diverse businesses.
    - Reading, PA.