UGL Services

UGL Services President and Chief Executive David Montross

David Montross

Boring, Unpaid, Didn't learn much at all

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- good filler for my resume during college

Cons- UNPAID
    - job mainly consisted of cold calling

Good entry opportunity for Commercial Brokerage

Transaction Advisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery little internal competition, good training program. Great mentoring program. Solid senior brokers in the atlanta office with great experience.

ConsLots of cold calling. Few potential clients have heard of UGL Equis. Very few opportunities for inbound business. The office shrunk from 12 brokers to 5 over the past year. Unlikely to offer a draw anytime soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build brand; invest more in regional offices. Give better opportunities to involve junior brokers in more deals for experience.

Equis is an interesting place

Proposal Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgood location, decent pay, pretty flexible about time off, many nice, interesting people work there

Conscheap ownership in the Aussies - not great leadership - management is kind of a mess - marketing has a tough role in telling a story that is yet to be written

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more, more frequently, celebrate wins, improve on org development issues

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enter at your own risk

Lease Administrator (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsPotential jumping off point to another company. They do give year end bonuses. There is a certain amount of autonomy to get your work done.

Consthe company is sinking to the competition in some of its markets. Benefits (specifically health/medical, dental and vision) are atrociously overpriced. In non-headquarters locations, supplies are scarce. My first day, I was forced to connect my own computer (IT in Chciago did not provide information to the Office Manager as to how to connect it) and go to Staples to buy my own supplies (and while I was reimbursed for some, I was not compensated for all of them). I also (for the duration of my time at Equis) was set up in their small conference room, because there were no free desks to set up my workstation. Although during my tenure employees left, freeing up space, I was never moved.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you are in a remote location (i.e., work in Chicago, staff works in Philadelphia or Denver) make sure to keep communication lines open. Don't wait until it's too late to get in touch.

Great company to work for

IT Field Support (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsGreat skill set and fantastic environment

ConsCompany is getting bought out by DTZ

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture the workers with more training

Great People, No Room for Advancement

ProsSatellite office is great - small & family oriented.

ConsCommunication is terrible from HQ. Upper management (Austrailia) is so far removed from their employees, it's very discouraging.

Very Good Work Experience, Management in Good Too

Project Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1. Supportive Managers.
    2. Freedom to show your talent.
    3. Excellent Work-Life Balance.
    4. Good Projects.

I enjoyed working in this company, my GM was very good, supportive, friendly and also a very good teacher.
    Learned a lot in short time there.
    Excellent colleagues (except a very very few people).

Cons1. Compensation Little Below Par.
    2. Sometimes you can be given Projects with very less Duration, so, frequent transfers.

Left the company only to be near my hometown as my posting was very far away from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to post individuals in their own region

If you like being on your own, it's great. If you need support, look elsewhere.

Senior Associate (Former Employee)

ProsYou can build your own brokerage business if your self-motivated and independent.
    Some cities like L.A. & N.Y. have great offices with a collaborative environment that you can thrive in.

ConsSome cities like Chicago have less than great offices. Tenured brokers with a sense of entitlement are shameless in their greed - all for them, nothing for you, the naive and inexperienced are used, abused.. If you can jump in a snake pit and eat them all for dinner, you'll be fine.
    Still runs Windows XP.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt could be a 5 star company if administrative, accounting, marketing and IT departments were outsourced.

Nice Environment to work into, but there are always scopes of improvements.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsWorldwide presence, Brand Value, Capacity of Acquiring competitors, Strong Financial Backbone, Client base

ConsManagement's reluctance for going all out to get business, Lesser Pay Scale

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look after the lower level employees also in the same manner as the top level.

Creating Today Maintaining Tomorrow

Project Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsEnvironment is very good and understandable Company...

ConsClient is little bit Dull..

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease Manage to the clients...

Worked for UGL Services? Contribute to the Community!